gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975574 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  3 Piece Vs One Piece
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3 Piece Vs One Piece  (Read 1455 times)

AJWD

3 Piece Vs One Piece
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to get a view from people on the pros and cons, of say a takagi or sugino one piece crank Vs a 3 piece crank.

Just interested in your opinions, and views.

Cheers,
Adey.

Lawrie

Re: 3 Piece Vs One Piece
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but I think that three piece cranks should technically be stronger than one piece, as they are basically three sections of straight metal, which should cope with stress better than the one piece, which bend to form the spindle section of the crank.

Saying that, I really don't buy stuff these days based on how it performs but what what was considered cool and what I always wanted but couldn't afford bitd and that for me is three piece any day.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 06:47 AM »
If you could afford them 3 piece cranks are without doubt the best option. Strength like the other chap said is better and also there is less flex when using 3 piece chromoly cranks. So all your power goes to the wheels and is not lost in flex. 3 piece alloy cranksets are great if you want a light setup but suffer badly in the flex department.

AJWD

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Cheers guys. I am going to save up, and buy 3 piece cranks at some point, but will have to live with my Takagi, and Sugino one pieces for the time being.....the credit card can't take anymore flexing!!

Cheers,
Adey.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  3 Piece Vs One Piece

gfxgfx
gfx gfx