gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another creation casualty
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another creation casualty  (Read 3656 times)

2020mad

another creation casualty
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Well i have ached all weekend since riding sat eve and slowly my arm has been less mobile all weekend and pain got worse, thought it was just a bad bruise as has gone a nice shade of blueberry so went to get it looked at, just come back from a&e, ( only there 45 mins, must be quiet monday mornings) I've chipped my shoulder bone, ment to have arm in a sling to rest but can't type on here like that.  should be o.k a couple of weeks  :LolLolLolLol: BUGGER.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: another creation casualty
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Im not supprised - you did take a knock off that wall !

Get well soon fella

:daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50 AM »

you did go down well buddy, did you notice how not one of us laughed, so we must of thought it looked pretty hard

muttley

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Was this the one off the jump box into the wall? No i didnt laugh at all......

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 10:55 AM »
I thought i landed on my head  :D,   It's only a scrach compared with Dwain and i feel i may have put you off trying that night Nick.  :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Ouch Martin. That did look a harder slam than you made out. Hope you're fit again for the 23rd Feb... ;)

2020mad

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Ouch Martin. That did look a harder slam than you made out. Hope you're fit again for the 23rd Feb... ;)
   No worries thats ages away, hope to be going in 2-3 weeks time on a sunday maybe just for a roll around the big halfpipe.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Dam i missed your slam Mart..........but i know what you mean regards the aching bit!  my arms are like concrete!  :-\  must get out more!  and already looking forward to the 23rd!  :D

2020mad

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Dam i missed your slam Mart..........but i know what you mean regards the aching bit!  my arms are like concrete!  :-\  must get out more!  and already looking forward to the 23rd!  :D
  Don't worry about it i saw yours  :LolLolLolLol:.  we must remember the older we are the longer it hurts. ;)

Trev

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 11:26 AM »
i didn't know pickle took a slam too...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Yeah quite hard!  i was trying to nail those peg stalls and just ran out of energy...........as i dropped into the mini i didn't have the strength in my arms and i just ploughed into the other mini ramp!  it was about 10:30 i thought i'd broken my wrist but it was fine after about 10 minutes  :daumenhoch:

that was my lot though for the night......i was just fooked! 

Trev

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 11:30 AM »
yeah, your peg stalls were wicked.  everyone loved 'em (except Muttley)

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39 AM »
bad news mate  :-[
i feel for you
well you've got give it a go :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 11:44 AM »
yeah, your peg stalls were wicked.  everyone loved 'em (except Muttley)

I think to call them peg stalls is pushing it a little seeing as though i only managed them twice.....but i was well stoked for managing that!  and a small grind as well  :daumenhoch:    i didn't mean to hack Muttley off  :(  just beginners luck i guess?  it was all down to Stokeblokes coaching......he was great at telling me where i was going wrong and very encoureging too  :daumenhoch:  top man  :4_17_5:

sorry to hear about your shoulder though Mart.......i reckon it was from cooking that full english on Sunday though ;-)

Trev

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45 AM »
there you go Muttster. You need to speak to StokeBloke.

Trev

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 12:05 PM »
jason (jstring) also took a bit of a slam on the mini.  i hope that didn't end up with another injury.

JT71

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 12:14 PM »
sh1t Martin. you did say you were hurting, i thought you were just being soft.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

get well soon dude, we got some riding in Cov to do.

2020mad

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 12:47 PM »
The only soft bit was me in casualty in warwick this morning, when they asked how i did it and i looking at this stone faced women and said " I fell down the stairs at home"  :-[

Trev

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 12:49 PM »
The only soft bit was me in casualty in warwick this morning, when they asked how i did it and i looking at this stone faced women and said " I fell down the stairs at home"  :-[

:LolLolLolLol:  as opposed to "i rode into a wall whilst riding a kids bike down a ramp"

2020mad

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:  as opposed to "i rode into a wall whilst riding a kids bike down a ramp"

yep, i picked the easy way out  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Hi Martin, hope you get yourself sorted for the next meet bud, at least you had the nuts to drop in (and they stayed intact)so well done fella :daumenhoch:

Remember no pain no gain :LolLolLolLol:

Paul :)

Vans Style

rarman1

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 02:40 PM »
i did'nt see you slam, but i'm glad you shook it off and gave it another go

Respect :daumenhoch:

Shings

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 08:32 PM »
I'm not having this..

I didn't slam at corby but I did "fall off" at Creation trying to do my ever so daring front wheel grinds along the bar.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Jeez, another one struck down.  That must have happened before I got there but you were looking a bit ginger for the rest of the night, metaphorically speaking of course   ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

welsh denny

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 09:43 PM »

i remember when i fractured the tibia and tore the acl on a 360 whip attempt and had to have an ambulance as i was close to fainting. ( tried walking but something popped in my knee and everything went into a purple haze while feeling sleepy.) anyway while on the floor the paramedics arrived and one of them accidently hit the bad leg. when asked which leg i damaged i replied "the one you just kicked". he was so sorry. anyway back to the hospital to get my knee drained and the doctors and nurses doing the task asked what i'd done so i told em i came off my bike at the skatepark. when they heard me say bmx they all pissed themselves and the doc was giving me a lecture on being too old to ride one of them, etc, its for kids.  :wtf:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another creation casualty

gfxgfx
gfx gfx