gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 09:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1990 era correct, ? (robinson)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1990 era correct, ? (robinson)  (Read 1818 times)

zed4130

1990 era correct, ? (robinson)
« on: January 14, 2008, 09:19 PM »
So i now know that my robbo  is from march 1990 , but i need some help working out some parts as no clue of this era, heres my list  :daumenhoch:

numberplate ?
grips ?
chainring ?
saddle ?

ill change more bits through the winter, but ill start with these parts, any mag photos etc would be great, as allways guys thanks for any help,,paul   :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: 1990 era correct, ? (robinson)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Have you had a look at

http://www.23mag.com/dl/dlp.htm

some of the right era there for downloading  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:07 AM »
cheers kev i had a look this am, but was taken ages to work, ill have a look later, come on guys no one got a mag from 1990 ?  :-\   :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:17 PM »
zed, i rode for robinson at that time, plate would have been dyno, grips would have been Jive Handles or ODI LDO's, Chainring would have been GT, saddle would have been some generic plastic GT/Robbo/Dyno.

That picture in my avatar is on my Robinson, this pic is of me riding a s&m dirtbike stickered up as a robbo (preferred me dirtbike)

I have a 89/90 robbo i'm just getting done white, I have NOS era correct decals if you need some.

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:00 PM »
zed, i rode for robinson at that time, plate would have been dyno, grips would have been Jive Handles or ODI LDO's, Chainring would have been GT, saddle would have been some generic plastic GT/Robbo/Dyno.

That picture in my avatar is on my Robinson, this pic is of me riding a s&m dirtbike stickered up as a robbo (preferred me dirtbike)

I have a 89/90 robbo i'm just getting done white, I have NOS era correct decals if you need some.

:daumenhoch:  thats cool mate, ive got a dyno plate now sorted, those dyno pads are cool, i might take up the offer on the stickers clive, this is clive from bike lab ? thanks for the reply , poss ill try and pop in the shop tommorrow, might even ride the robbo down  :daumenhoch: thanks paul    :4_17_5:

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 08:06 PM »

Clive, I have got the magazine that your avatar picture came from. Wasnt it a test shoot for the Robinson? And you were actually riding a dirtbike? Thats way rad, I never knew you did that! F-ing brill!

I knew that in the 90s many many pro racers used Slam bars and pitch forks, with their sponsors stickers on them. But that was back when slam bars and pitchforks were miles ahead of almost every other bar and fork out there. Now there are loads of good copies! haha.

gossa

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:49 PM »
yes zed, clive from the lab. I'll dig some stickers out.

No Alex, that robbo test in Ride was on my Robinson team replica bike but I also rode my dirtbike with stickers on towards the end of my sponsorship with Robinson as i preferred it.

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 08:50 PM »
thanks clive ,ill see ya soon,  :daumenhoch:  paul

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 02:06 PM »
great meeting ya clive, and a big thanks for the decals, im on my way now   :4_17_5:

gossa

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:23 PM »
great meeting ya clive, and a big thanks for the decals, im on my way now   :4_17_5:
No worries dude, i've found that jersey it's a 'roomy' medium and i've also found some correct Robinson pads to match the decals.

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 07:29 PM »
great thanks clive   :4_17_5: the robo will look sweet,   :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 07:32 PM »
he whispers quietly to himself

these oldschoolers are slipping slowly into the 90s    ;D

and as i said on a previous post  robbos rule

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 08:19 PM »
he whispers quietly to himself

these oldschoolers are slipping slowly into the 90s    ;D

and as i said on a previous post  robbos rule

your not wrong dan  :4_17_5:  and one day i might even win on mine  ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16 PM »

Clive, your Avatar is from the Robinson Pro XL text in Invert. Ive got the magazine in my hand right now. You got a load of great shots in there. Infact I should scan most of the magazine in cos there is more than 1 RAD member in there

Oh, and that pic of you racing on the "Robinson". Was that over the trips at High Wycombe? I used to go up there now and again to ride, and even went to watch a few Nationals there.

zed4130

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 12:22 PM »
alex ill be interested in seeing the pics   :4_17_5:   :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 12:32 PM »

OK, I'll get on it. I probably wont post them up tho, I'll PM them to ya. No point giving Clive too much Props if we can help it!  :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 12:37 PM »

OK, I'll get on it. I probably wont post them up tho, I'll PM them to ya. No point giving Clive too much Props if we can help it!  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:  cheers mate  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 12:40 PM »
ok , so
saddle generic type gt, or gel racing saddle,  vetta etc
chainring gt,
sorted numberplate, dyno d plate thanks jj
grips not sure yet ill see what comes up, ive got some in the shed half mushroom and half flat ?
and again a big thanks to clive for his help with all the bits  :4_17_5:

gossa

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Alex, post em up, especially that rock'n'roll and tree fakie, just what the Robinson was designed for (NOT!!!!!) People can laugh at my tyedyed VSW pants and highlighted hair! As for the F1 shots, as per my email, post them up with the story about Tom's throbber......

Yes Leechy, triples at High Wycombe, well spotted....

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Yes Leechy, triples at High Wycombe, well spotted....

It's John Lewis in the background that gives it away  :LolLolLolLol:

The track is still there, sort of but really overgrown although you can still see the commentary tower just poking up above the tress and bushes  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gossa

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 08:46 AM »
yeah, come to think of it there's no other tracks i can recall having a JL as a backdrop!

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I went to a big race there in 1991. I remember Keith Dooley was there. I didnt know him but we kinda said hi to each other. Paul Roberts was there too and again, I didnt know him yet but he came up, talking his head off and told me about Uxbridge mini ramp "just up the road". On the final straight there was a table top, into a bomb hole, straight into a small set of doubles. I 360ed the doubles and was very pleased. I think it was the first track doubles I had 360ed and you had to get through the table and bomb hole smooth first.

gossa

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Alex, did you go to the worlds track at Brighton?  There was a six pack down the last straight and i twisted all three, a very meagre claim i know but it was cool at the time!

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Alex, did you go to the worlds track at Brighton?  There was a six pack down the last straight and i twisted all three, a very meagre claim i know but it was cool at the time!

I went there once to watch a race but I dont remember a thing about the track. That sounds like it would be cool now. Racetrack jumps are never that nice to style, and a world away from trails jumps.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 08:48 PM »
told me about Uxbridge mini ramp "just up the road"

Still there but have been rebuilt as the local chavs set fire to it one night  :LolLolLolLol:

It's just down the road from me  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1990 era correct, ? (robinson)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx