gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  3 Piece Cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3 Piece Cranks  (Read 1644 times)

davemac1974

3 Piece Cranks
« on: December 17, 2005, 12:48 AM »
I'm considering putting a 3 piece crank on my Aero Pro, but have only used 1 piece before.

Whats the cheapest/best value for money option???

This will also mean that I can get a cheap set of the 9/16 SR pedals from Rudewheels then too!  :santa_wink:

Coastvl

Re: 3 Piece Cranks
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:05 AM »
What about the GT cranks on ebay all the time. $85 US I think. Made by profile I'm pretty sure too!

madall

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 08:12 PM »
You cant beat the old school Redline 401 Flights, none of the new stuff comes close

Allan M

gmac

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 10:15 PM »
You cant beat the old school Redline 401 Flights, none of the new stuff comes close

Allan M

Unless of course you get a NEW set of Redline flights. I've got a set of new 175's and they are just as good as the old ones. The only difference is the extra pinch bolt. I've got a couple of sets of originals too, and the new ones were less than half the price.

I've just fitted a set of Sugino CT's on a DB I'm building. They look pretty sweet, and both Biagio and Rudewheels both have them in stock for about £70 - £80.

silentpartner

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:02 AM »
who's biagio?  :idiot2:

gmac

hutchboy

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 04:04 PM »
surely if your building an old school bike then you will go with an old school crank. bit of a half assed approach to use new school cranks on an old bike isnt it
j

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 05:04 PM »
so long as it looks good, use whatever you like.
i have some newschool redline proline cranks, and they look great. and very similar to old school cranks.
but at only 65 quid shipped.

if you used them  then it wont be "true" old school, but just the job. especially if it's a rider.
however a set of JAD cranks or fishbone "big bones" would look stoopid and wouldnt suit it at all

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 05:08 PM »
surely if your building an old school bike then you will go with an old school crank. bit of a half assed approach to use new school cranks on an old bike isnt it
j

:o :o
Who the hell are you, like, Frickin rockafella :Aresehole:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 05:13 PM by aditup2004 »

rom_kid_04

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 05:09 PM »
if its a rider go for newschool cranks if its for show go with old schools

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 05:27 PM »
I have the new type double pinch flights on my T/A as its my old school race bike and gets used at our race events, but for an old school build I`d use something from that era so it would be era correct  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  3 Piece Cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx