gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 06:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is the BMX OS bubble beginning to burst or are people worried about spending?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is the BMX OS bubble beginning to burst or are people worried about spending?  (Read 4657 times)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
yeah, theyre a bit rough, but i could do with a set, ill give you 50 quid plus post.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
yeah, theyre a bit rough, but i could do with a set, ill give you 50 quid plus post.

i do actually have no use for these phil. we can sort a price out, it wont be no £250 thats for sure...i'll pm you my pp details

Dave
haro, how do you do

snav69

Did you paint the tech 3's yourself  ??? If so , what did ya' use  :-\

:coolsmiley:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
phil if you have no luck with dave i have a 9.5/10 rear mx1000 in black
no cable,pads  or lever but £35 if you need it matey  pm me  dan

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
phil if you have no luck with dave i have a 9.5/10 rear mx1000 in black
no cable,pads  or lever but £35 if you need it matey  pm me  dan

pm sent.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Might aswell put my pennys worth in.
It seems to me that prices have gone up more so for smaller components. I mean £100 for a kashi, £250 for 1000's its just ridiculous and such a shame as its pushing so many people i know away from old school builds. Also noticed how much frame and fork sets fluctuate in price from time to time. Ive seen good loopy PK's at the moment going for as little as £220 !!. Rewind 2 years ago and it would be double that plus. I would tend to agree with people who think its to do with the globel econemy situation, with such uncertanty surrouding it your not going to be chuckin dough at your bmx hobby and definatly not whilst prices are as bonkers as what they are now!.

si.

dct

i picked up a pair of alloy hubbed white tuffs in great condition for 85.00 posted

i think prices are coming down at moment  :4_17_5:

Sparky24

i got back into bmx due to raleigh reissuing the tap, but when i got it realised how crap the the parts were. in my mind i was picturing the original with mx1000, kashimax aero, tange grips. i decided to strip it get argos cycles of bristol to custom spray it black/white tange grips(in white £35) black mx1000 on the front with blk tec3(£90) white mx1000 on the back (£110) blk kashimax aero (120) and acs z wheels with comp 3 tyres(£250) dia comp seat clamp (£40) and the original cost the bike £300 it does not take long to realise that spending has gone out of control, but i had a image of how the original looked, thats what i built and thats the prices i paid. it is called supply and demand. on top of that there was the stem,pad set,bars, seat post,pedals,b&b, chain ring,arms, and due to chopping and changingbits and bobs , my build has just set me back £1650.if you want to see it it,s on burner world,s images, sparkys tap2007.

dct

fook mme sparky thats a few quid - when it you get the stuff from vert ego ????

Sparky24

a lot of it came from vertego, he had it, i wanted it and chose to pay it!!

its33

your shout ,i prefer to source and hunt things that are the lowest price,its part of the game

matt

prices are deffo coming down, i bagged myself a set of 401s for £95 a couple of weeks ago
it wasnt that long when people were paying up to £300 for a rechromed set  :uglystupid2:

80sdave

All the stuff im buying is for my own personel collection, no interest in selling it on for a profit etc but no matter how much i want it im realistic and i am not spending stupid money on somthing, i think we all set values personally to an item we are after just like buying on evilbay but on the other hand stuff is getting very rare which i feel makes people panic buy.
ps i have an old sock that my mate reckons bob haro used once gotta be worth  a grand any takers. :LolLolLolLol:

moley

Just the one sock.

It depends what it was used for and whether it can be cloned!!!!

80sdave

I reckon if you sold one on here for £50 some bayer would get wind of it and their would be a hundred on evilbay next week straight from china onwashed since 1984 etc.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
 :shocked:  dame that is a bargain
good score

Bettyswallocks

Bargain......  :-\

They looked fooked....  :(

20 years ago they'd have got binned, starting to think this is getting to expensive for me i've a loopy ripper that'll never get built up the way prices are going...  >:(

Maybe i should start storing new school stuff for 20 years..... fly cranks, early non full wrap, uncracked  survivors before they redesigned them full wrap.....  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Best send that ripper my way then Webby  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Bettyswallocks

Best send that ripper my way then Webby  :LolLolLolLol:

At the current rate of inflation its gonna be me pension....  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I don't there's a bubble bursting

You've always been able to pick up a bargain

I seen 401's with BB go for under a ton last year 
and just paid £260 myself last month for arms and BB rechromed

You get lucky sometimes

but like most people you see the going rate on items and pay it on the Bay
or maybe they a bit sway on here

If you got a build on , you like to get the bits
and better  be prepared to pay

I think things maybe only slightly slower
as the market on all retail is  ( shopping ,houses ,etc )at this time of year

Soon things will start picking up faster as it gets more towards Summer and people start doing builds for MK08
whether it be
Show and shine  or OS race
get your bits now and beat the rush

But I'll be ahead of ya
making a complete bike a month at the mo
and not selling any yet

munners

ive seen some bits and bobs go through the roof recently on the bay! Like has been said......you will always pick up a bargain on the bay if you hunt hard enough!

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
the best prices has brought more stored/garaged/knackered stuff to market.

the good stuff seems to be holding up ok...

also, there are some people who consider the top of the tree has been reached and therefore roll out their good stuff and punt it...good luck to em!

bigdog done quite well over the last few months!

if your buying shit to restore, its a buyers market...if your wanting stuff mint, tis a sellers market.

good job there are plenty of lazy people with money :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 11:12 AM by J.T »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is the BMX OS bubble beginning to burst or are people worried about spending?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx