gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DK general lee decals, (need pics )
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DK general lee decals, (need pics )  (Read 13786 times)

zed4130

DK general lee decals, (need pics )
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Hi as says, has anyone got a pic, or knows were i can get one,, cheers for any help   :daumenhoch:

paul

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: DK general lee decals, (need pics )
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 12:57 PM »
 :) Don`t know the number off the top of my head,but Ratcliffes of Leigh used to advertise them in Ride mag a few years back.Might be worth giving them a call?

James

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:58 PM »
this pic any good zed?
(borrowed off the web)

Brian.  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:04 PM »
thats the style decals i want cheers bri, but poss need a much closer one,  :)

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25 PM »
heres some more, i gaver ill need very close pics to make decals ?

perry

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:28 PM »
/>
any good

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:31 PM »
you might find that the font used for the "general lee" writing is maybe a fairly standard one, available on the web somewhere.

if it is, then it'd probably not be so critical to get a good scan of the text?

i've a black and white dk sticker here like the one on the top tube that i can scan for you too bud.

and have a look on the web for general lee car resto sites. might get some good pics of the text on there, it should (i'd assume) be very similar...

brian  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38 PM »
bri the scan would be a start cheers mate, im a member on a big general lee site ,ill ask there aswell, but they GENERALY   :LolLolLolLol:  drive the real thing  ;)  ive got some 1,15th scale decals poss i could blow them up , but might lose the detail ?  perry ive seen that many times, its cool drifting the general aint no easy thing  :shocked:  one of the 05 movie cars is on ebay at the mo $25,000 buy now, its one of the ones used for that big jump at the end, so its been modified as a catapult car, no engine ,and a major rollcage  :daumenhoch: cool buy though  :4_17_5:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-General-Lee-51-The-Dukes-of-Hazzard-2005-Authentic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQihZ002QQitemZ120235070201QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:44 PM by ZED »

perry

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 01:52 PM »
i want a fake broken window in my cortina now lol

that cage is aweful , a tube should never join in the centre of another tube , itl lack true triangulation and wont transmit load though the structure just into the tube

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 01:55 PM »
i want a fake broken window in my cortina now lol

that cage is aweful , a tube should never join in the centre of another tube , itl lack true triangulation and wont transmit load though the structure just into the tube

send wb a message  :knuppel2:
ive left a post on the general lee site, so poss some help there aswell, there is a guy who does decals ,like model ones, but i dont think they would last long  ???

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:18 PM »
 :4_17_5: spoke to del , and working on these pics he is going to do the decals for me   :4_17_5: the reason i wont them ,1 is because im a huge dukes fan, but most of you know that, and 2 because back in 2000 i went to buy a dk general lee, it looked great, but was heavy hi-ten steel , and had a 18inch tt, so ive decided to use my 07 4pack to build my own  :daumenhoch: heres what del will use to do the decals, ive decided to use the real car and not the dk,

:smitten:

thanks del for all the help,  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:25 PM by ZED »

garethgeezer

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Are these any good to you? I made a 3D model of the General Lee a while ago (ZED may have seen some of my renders on one of the Dukes or Charger forums) and I had to make all the textures from scratch.
Also, a bit off topic but here's some renders I did of my 3D model, just for ZED as he is a fellow Dukes fan ;)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:15 PM by garethgeezer »

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 01:40 PM »
 :4_17_5: thats great thanks gareth, im sure del can use these  :daumenhoch:  do you go on the CGLFC forum ? o go under the name ZED4130  :daumenhoch: usualy my models and rc's are on there  ;) thanks again mate, these were what i was looking for, and the GL pics are great, new wallpaper i think  ;)

paul

zed4130

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 01:57 PM »
 :shocked:  wow im slow i just realised there you 3d pics gareth , there amazing, and no ive never seen them before,  :4_17_5: dels going to try and do some R/T stickers for the bottom of my forks aswell  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:36 PM by ZED »

spinmaster

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 08:10 PM »
fook those 3d images are well smart  :daumenhoch:

not4fun

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Nice 3D  :daumenhoch:

What package did  you use to make them?

garethgeezer

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 09:20 AM »
:shocked:  wow im slow i just realised there you 3d pics gareth , there amazing, and no ive never seen them before
Thanks man, glad to share them with you. I was on www.DodgeCharger.com for a while when I was doing the 3D model and I know the guys there posted some of the images on the Dukes fan sites. I did lots of different versions, standard, drag, DMCL etc. Have a look at www.smcars.net, I think my thread is still on there showing all the renders.
I don't have an R/T decal image but I have just done these renders of the badges that I modelled for the 440 R/T version of the Charger, hope they are useful:

Nice 3D  :daumenhoch:
What package did  you use to make them?
Cheers dude. Everything was done in 3D Studio Max and then rendered using the 'VRay' renderer, although I made the decal textures in AutoCAD and tweaked them in Photoshop. The renders of the car are straight out of Max with no post-work. I work in a Multi-Media studio, so at lunch times a few of us do 3D car models for fun. It took me a whole year of lunch times and evenings to do the Charger as I modelled everything - engine/interior/suspension, the lot. It's as close as I'll ever get to owning a real one!

Good luck with the DK build matey, sure it will look awesome :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:21 AM by garethgeezer »

zed4130

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 09:39 AM »
thanks gareth, even my missis was amazed by your pics,  ;) and she gives me the look everytime i mention DoH  :LolLolLolLol: thanks for all your help, ill let del know about these pics   :4_17_5:

spesh

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 10:36 PM »
zed let me know when the decals are ready as i fancy a set myself

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 11:46 PM »

they'll be ready at the end of next week when he's back off his hols. :)

zed4130

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 09:26 PM »

copy cat   :LolLolLolLol:   ;) they should b done soon, ill let you know ,

paul  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54 AM »
A big thanks to del, i think i drove him made with all my pm's  :LolLolLolLol: but as usual del sorted them , ill post picks when i get them on the bike  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DK general lee decals, (need pics )

gfxgfx
gfx gfx