gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 10:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  standard holes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: standard holes  (Read 7928 times)

perry

Re: standard holes
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 10:06 PM »
 :4_17_5:

i know what im doing in the morning , very well explained , i know what you mean  :)

i wish i had space for what i want but all i have is a shed sized "conservatory" thats full of lawnmover , edge trimmer , dry sump , a 1300 xflow engine , my old 1660 block a few heads and numerous car tools , most of my car stuff is infact under the bed , ive got a nitrous kit under there with 2 bottles , springalex rally wheel a rare 7" 1/2 rs 4spoke wheel , alloy group 4 radiator and probably some other stuff ive forgotten i own hence my drilling in the kitchen lol all the bike stuff is scattered around the spare room

this house it far tooo small  :'(

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 10:21 PM »
It certainly appears so   :D

How's the loft looking??  plenty of room up there.....  ;)

perry

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 10:30 PM »
lofts full of the people were renting the house off stuff , and a christmass tree  ::)

there is a garage in a block around the back but we havnt got that either , but i do park my cars in front of it which is a ball ache when they want something out of it as one of my cars lacks a battery

but its cheap here ( compared to south devon at least lol ) so with a bit of luck we might buy a place next year and my garage will be amazingggg  :)

in my eyes ill be buying a garage with a house on the side for convienience  :2funny:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Yip.  I see my next home as a toybox with living quarters in it   :daumenhoch:

perry

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46 PM »
theres a perfect ed roth pic of ratfink ( a giant rat ) sat on a hotrod in a garage with a serving hatch titled " food hole " with mrs ratfink peering in  8)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Haha, excellent.  Food hole   ;D

darkersomeday

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 10:55 PM »
euro bb 250 would have made it a waterford right?

seems a shame to go to all that trouble to build a precision bmx frame only for some amateur fiddler to hack the fook out of it,

what did you cut the fooking dropouts with? a cricket bat? :LolLolLolLol:

and those "holes" that you've hacked into the seat tube, ffs, why not just buy a grim reaper?!!!

drilling the headtube? AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :LolLolLolLol:
for what? to drop maybe a gram in weight ???

but the brake bridge really polishes it off for me, its thoroughly hideous :daumenhoch:

so congratulations, that is without a doubt THE worst "modified" frame i've ever seen, scrap metal.

mig  welder?
fooking cig welder more like :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Ah, "Darkersomeday", there he is .... back at last!   :smitten:

Say it like you see it  >:D

perry

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 11:03 PM »
wanna buy me a replacement then  :2funny:

why do people car soo much about metal tubing  :2funny:

nearest i can find , there are literally hundreds of ratfink cartoons but you get an idea of the style https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Store/index.php?cPath=161_170&osCsid=9da0ebf3d50c76a9a0cf5e2cc69b911a  :)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 11:09 PM »
cool Ratfink Hotrod T-shirt  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 11:11 PM »

why do people car soo much about metal tubing  :2funny:

i car about the sheer waste,

it just seems such a shame to wreck what is after all one of the very best bmx frames ever built, you say you wouldnt do the same to the T1 so why is it ok to fook up a standard?

my old man used to say "if a jobs not worth doing right, its not worth doing"  :daumenhoch:

how much do all those metal filings actually weigh dude?

perry

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 11:18 PM »
yeah  , i love that kinda thing  :)

would love to get my hands on the moon vans too  8)

it was on ebay , not like i went out of my way to track down a standard , as the banger boys say to the purists when they race a "rare classic " you should have bought it yourself  :2funny:

nur nur nur nur nur  :)

as a good mate of mine once said " a bmx is just a tool , it doesnt need to be perfect "

edit - its less wasteful in this conditon and being ridden than discarding it because i didnt like it

lodge

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 11:20 PM »
tell you what i thinks funny, paid at skatepark today with a twenty they had no notes so i was given a stack of coins which i rode with in my pocket for three hours.
How many people that are obsessed with bike weight ride with coins etc in there pockets???????? everyone to there own but people drill frames, why if you ride with a 5p in your pocket.
Mind you, bike weight????????/body weight???????????? ......relative...........................can worms open.
I have been drinking so apologies in advance.

darkersomeday

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 11:24 PM »

edit - its less wasteful in this conditon and being ridden than discarding it because i didnt like it

i'd have passed it on to someone else to use rather than "discarding" it :daumenhoch:

and it'd look a fookload better than when i got it!

not worse :LolLolLolLol:

onions?
g-sport ben's riding this now ;)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:46 PM by darkersomeday »

darkersomeday

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 11:28 PM »
the best bit of weight saving advice i ever got was...

"just take a good shit before you ride, thats nearly a pound right there"

lodge

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 11:45 PM »
yeah that crossed my mind too.

perry

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 11:47 PM »
ive had a tipple too , feel the love  :smitten:

people are only seeing the holes and not reading that i have shortened the rear end to 13.6 , in order to do that the bridge had to be cut , cutting it out may have made the rear too weak and cracked the seatstay at the seattube weld

the holes were and still are an ongoing experiment to see how much metal i can remove before my personal style of riding destroys the frame ( which it hasnt so far  :daumenhoch: ) i have yet to find a frame i am 100% happy with , if i want to attain that ill have to go custom and if im paying custom prices im going to want to give exact gauge thickness , specific angles and lengths , if i have to " waste " something in doing that then so be it

sure i could have bought a felt but it wouldnt have had a comparable build quality

if you complain , let me use your wonderfull machineshop , ill clamp it down and mill it out with a pillar drill , ill also lasercut a 4mm plate to replace the gopping cut bridge

why shorten the rear ? for a change , to see what it would be like , at slow speed it makes the bike nimble and quick but adversley its twichy landing in a downslope and pulling up at speed takes concentration , ive learnt this at the expense of a grinding disc  :)

everyone had a chance to own it , it was an auction , £1 would have taken it out of my hands but its my possesion and if i feel like cutting it into individual tubes to gauge thickness ill damn well do it  ;)

i can assure you that this frame will one day be thrown away due to " going too far " i just want to see how far that is  :daumenhoch:

im not even into the whole weight thing , there is no way i would ride this over a set of doubles , it lacks the balance in the air and landings need to be gentle to stop it looping out ( that fraction in the rear makes a big difference )  im a believer in lifting some weights , eating properly and stretching instead of taking a sander to your tyres but why carry around weight thats not doing anything and on this bike which ill only use for tech street im going to see how far the strength/weight can go

darkersomeday

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 12:01 AM »
ive had a tipple too , feel the love  :smitten:

people are only seeing the holes and not reading that i have shortened the rear end to 13.6 , in order to do that the bridge had to be cut , cutting it out may have made the rear too weak and cracked the seatstay at the seattube weld

the holes were and still are an ongoing experiment to see how much metal i can remove before my personal style of riding destroys the frame ( which it hasnt so far  :daumenhoch: ) i have yet to find a frame i am 100% happy with , if i want to attain that ill have to go custom and if im paying custom prices im going to want to give exact gauge thickness , specific angles and lengths , if i have to " waste " something in doing that then so be it

sure i could have bought a felt but it wouldnt have had a comparable build quality

if you complain , let me use your wonderfull machineshop , ill clamp it down and mill it out with a pillar drill , ill also lasercut a 4mm plate to replace the gopping cut bridge

why shorten the rear ? for a change , to see what it would be like , at slow speed it makes the bike nimble and quick but adversley its twichy landing in a downslope and pulling up at speed takes concentration , ive learnt this at the expense of a grinding disc  :)

everyone had a chance to own it , it was an auction , £1 would have taken it out of my hands but its my possesion and if i feel like cutting it into individual tubes to gauge thickness ill damn well do it  ;)

i can assure you that this frame will one day be thrown away due to " going too far " i just want to see how far that is  :daumenhoch:

im not even into the whole weight thing , there is no way i would ride this over a set of doubles , it lacks the balance in the air and landings need to be gentle to stop it looping out ( that fraction in the rear makes a big difference )  im a believer in lifting some weights , eating properly and stretching instead of taking a sander to your tyres but why carry around weight thats not doing anything and on this bike which ill only use for tech street im going to see how far the strength/weight can go

so you're not bothered about saving weight but spent hours hacking holes in a frame just to see when it will break?
right......ok...... ???
then you'll throw it away,

o....k...,

you wanted to try a short rear end so bought a trails 250, that makes perfect sense too....

wouldnt it have been easier just to have bought a short rear end frame instead? :LolLolLolLol:

with all the finesse and elegance of the "work" you done on that standard i wouldnt let you in a pet shop, nevermind a machine shop

but seriously though dude "tech street" ? its 2008 mate! you cant go around saying things like that! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2008, 12:07 AM »
what did you cut the fooking dropouts with? a cricket bat? :LolLolLolLol:

fooking cig welder more like :LolLolLolLol:

joe: i fookin love you!  :2funny: :2funny:

perry

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2008, 12:12 AM »
ahhh your missing the point

i bought it for its euro bb

i decided to shorten it 6 months after , 6 moths after that i enlarge the holes , why make it neat to impress someone on a forum who wants an argument because they have "wasted " their own possesion , it can give out at any time while being ridden , i dont see a point in spending hours polishing it

we dont all have money to throw around when we want to try something a bit different

ill let you hold my drill and cheap bits while standing in my kitchen anytime , if you can do a better job id love to see it  :angel:

you seem to be holding too much value to my rusty steel , let go fella , relax , its all a bit of fun  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2008, 12:28 AM »
i know what youre saying dude i really do!  its just a lump of metal that belongs to you and if you want to pointlessly drill holes in it you've every right to do so! however "freudian" it might appear :daumenhoch:

i think you have to appreciate though that this is a bmx bike oriented site, if you try that shit with an old hutch or haro etc, you stand a good chance of getting banned :LolLolLolLol:
many of us on here appreciate what rick and standard did for the bmx world and the high quality of the products that they put out, you cant put pictures of a hacked up, made ugly fooking frame and then not expect some gypsy to come along and fettle your arse ;)

if it were up to me i'd have banned you just for publicly typing the words "tech street",

but by far the most heinous thing thats slowly risen its vile head is the positive conotations made towards the EURO bottom bracket.
tbh, i find the mere metion of the thing upsets me to the point of nausia, the tiny bearings, the woefully fine threads, the bike shop shafting, sorry "facing" :LolLolLolLol:

actually, whilst were on the torrid, fetid subject,
why the fook did we ever see the euro bb on a bmx bike?

lastly, unfortunately i wont be taking up your offer of "fiddling with your cheap bits" in your kitchen or anybody else's for that matter, if i'm in a bits fiddling mood i want them fiddled by a professional,
not some love-jockey with a bastard file.

perry

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2008, 10:20 AM »
its a 2005 not a 1995 your making it sound like ive chopped your childs hand off

yeah its bmx , alll about fun , not forcing your fascism on people because they dont want to farm out the work on their precious possesions to a 3rd party because they are scared of screwing in a cartridge bottom bracket . i use the english thread 68mm bottom bracket because it means i can utalise a range of cranks i want to use and not be forced into using a bmx specific part

but your one of those people that wont listen to other views no matter what they are so im riding off to the other side of the park and leaving you to it

i wont be rushing to knock on you any time  soon  :daumenhoch:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2008, 05:57 PM »
its a 2005 not a 1995 your making it sound like ive chopped your childs hand off

sorry two of my pages must have been stuck together. when did 1995 come into it?

can't really speak for joe as he obviously has his own mind and is very passionate. for me, as a standard enthusiast. you bought it as it had a euro bb. now i have no problems with the euro bb as my bullitt has been ridden for four years and has never had a problem. for me, i have no problems with modifications, i had to do my dropouts on my bullitt as it had an issue with grinds. the bottom part would bend in making it difficult to get the wheel out. but they were shaped in reflection of the rest of the frame. and noticibly on your 250s there is a lack of 'finess' and tools can not be blamed! "a bad workmen always blames his tools" and all that. your frame could have still been done to look quite tasteful with the modifications undertaken but sadly it looks dangerously half assed.

now i'm not really trying to get at you, what i'm saying is you can't put up a frame in that condition and not expect it to be slated, afterall the majority of this site are into restoration and making things look beautiful

example: this is the original shape

this is after i modified them

all done with a £20 angle grinder and a £4 file!

perry

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2008, 06:32 PM »
each to their own  :)

thanks joe on the heads up on these suckers

amazing to think that in another town in another part of the world someone is having the same thoughts

/>
ill spare you all any future pics  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 08:02 PM »
 :) On the subject of holes,anyone seen the ad for Hitman bikes in the new Ride? Sorry,but if I was forking out serious money for a new frame,I`d not be wanting it drilled to buggery...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  standard holes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx