gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 01:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip - RIDER LIST!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Fools BMX Roadtrip - RIDER LIST!  (Read 15528 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Old Fools BMX Roadtrip - RIDER LIST!
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:58 PM »
This is a very very big thankyou from me to all the people who made it to the Old Fools trip this weekend. I have never had more fun on my bike, and off it for that matter. It was incredible to be riding with everyone and to be in a great atmosphere. New friendships have been made, and amzing memories stored.
I thought Id give you all a list of the riders that made it along... how many names do you know?!!
first a pic - many on the riders list arent in this shot, even so, impressive line up eh?!

Firstly,
From RAD -
The one and only Billy Stupple [still got the moves!]
Joe stupple
Danny Harris
Quad Pete
Pickle
Stodgy
Longun
Gary72
Lee shurey
Radhab [icepick stalls forever!]
Super Bike Dan
Billy BMX
TwoBobRob
chainofstrength lara
Flaz
Kingkeef
and a few other radsters who I cant bloody remember now - sorry if ive left you off!

From Devon -
Tim Ruck
Andy Murtagh
Gav Farley
Paul Foster
Brian Shell
Matt Marchant
Kev Perry

From Cornwall-
Mikie Richardson

From Scotland [!!]
Gary Forsyth. The man is a legend.
And his Mrs came too and rode the moguls and snake run!!!

From France!!
Craig Sheer [top man!]

From Oop north [leeds, sheffield, southport etc etc]
Jay Openshaw [rider of the weekend - seriously incredible he's joining rad tonight!]
Northern Jon [writing the trip up for Ride again!]
Weird Sam
Wife Beater vest man
Chris Hardy - SOOOO good and only runs a front brake!
Plus 3 of his mates who i never caught their names - all great riders.

From Oxford -
Alex Leech
Geoff Cain
Doug Cain

From the south coast
ME!
Stevie Bartholemew

from london

James Hitchcox
steve connor
paul lumsden
Ian Morris
Dean Hearne
Amos Burke
Jon Dye
Lemsip
Marc Wotjanoski [ a tv sound recordist who races]
his son Enzo
Yohan [who used to run Emergency900 clothing]
And a cool older guy on a grey bike 360 ing out the bowl, and his little son on a little bmx. They ruled!

And that makes 54 RIDERS that I can remember! Plus there were about another 7 or 8 riders who happened to come along who were over 30 too. Amazing turnout.
There were also about 15 riders who couldnt make it for varying reasons, so Old Fools is growing and growing.......!
Thanks again to all who came, Rom rules!
steve

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:21 PM by generallee »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Old Fools BMX Roadtrip - RIDER LIST!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Steve that was like a throwback to a weekend at Rom in 1984, the sky was blue, the sun was hot,  (I`ve got a head like a beetroot  :2funny: ) and the park was as packed as I`ve seen it since I started riding again, it was simply the best days riding ever, everybody on the trip was cool and the gang, and you did a great job organising it, thanks for inviting me and Joe it was quality  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Had a fantastic day on Friday at Harrow!  great riding and you couldn't wish to meet a better chilled out bunch of RAD fookers!!!

:4_17_5:

adam01

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:10 PM »
magnificent organising and i see this old fools BMX going from strength to strength i only wish i were over the UK to support it

Adam

oldschool rider

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Looks like everyone had a really good time at Old Fools, Think I'll need to come over for one .

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:14 PM »
i will echo what billy said..it was amazing the pics dont do it full justice as in the atmosphere
the sun everyone riding together and lots of little seshes going down all over the place.
and the traveling everyone did  ..i even shared a bed with a man   ???    :4_17_5:  and a gent.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Simply awesome Steve - top weekend and like Bill said it was like the eighties all over again. Big respect to you for assembling such an great set of riders together.

Jay Openshaw has the biggest balls in the world...I'll always remember that pool session at Harrow.

And not forgetting the legend Northern John - top chap and if you cut him 'radness' would flow out.

Oh, and James Hitchcox in the Harrow halfpipe.  :shocked:

Brilliant.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:38 PM »
was mental sat i only popped by to trade tyres with dan harris
as couldnt stay for long so watched the mental lines go down
im deffo there next time

bmxer4ever

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Had a great time, but for some reason I didn't wake up (I don't mean from my bed!), get my head together and get riding 'til 4-5 o'clock each day! Think I was just too tired from a mad week at work and the loooong drive down on the Friday. Could have done with another few hours at Rom once I started sessioning the mini! Really liked that ramp. Promise I'll do better at the next one!
Well done Steve - great couple of days and you're just soooooo TV!

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:02 PM »
yeah, need to say this from me and my billy, thanks for organising this, what a weekend, loved harrow, jay and james

riding the pool, awsome, then saturday at rom, our home and what a turn out, like stupps said, it was like the 80s again,

loved every sunburnt minute of it ;D

highlights,    to many to mention but a few,   jays riding full stop, northan john, so many tricks, cool guy and ripped rom :daumenhoch:

s&m alex as always, he just deosn't get any older :-\   billy stupple going round rom with the vid cam doing the drop ins and all the old skool

stuff of the 80s,  again at rom on saturday, all the top boys of bmx today, john dye, northan john, ian morris, dean hearn, amos burk, jay :coolsmiley:

very honoured to have you there, and to me as a dad young billy ripping the ramps with the massive airs on the getto ramp,

thanks again and look forward to the next one :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 09:09 PM »
yeah, need to say this from me and my billy, thanks for organising this, what a weekend, loved harrow, jay and james

riding the pool, awsome, then saturday at rom, our home and what a turn out, like stupps said, it was like the 80s again,

loved every sunburnt minute of it ;D

highlights,    to many to mention but a few,   jays riding full stop, northan john, so many tricks, cool guy and ripped rom :daumenhoch:

s&m alex as always, he just deosn't get any older :-\   billy stupple going round rom with the vid cam doing the drop ins and all the old skool

stuff of the 80s,  again at rom on saturday, all the top boys of bmx today, john dye, northan john, ian morris, dean hearn, amos burk, jay :coolsmiley:

very honoured to have you there, and to me as a dad young billy ripping the ramps with the massive airs on the getto ramp,

thanks again and look forward to the next one :)

Great to meet you and Billy and thanks for the warm welcome. We WILL see you all again!
G

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys, ive had texts, emails and calls aplenty today from everyone saying the same thinng - we've all got the post roadtrip blues!
I loved meeting you all, not long til the next one - first week of september.... Old Fools 5 - watch this space...
steve]ps - Gary, sooo tv...? Do you mean im a transvestite?     !  ;D

woody allen bars

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Well done Steve for organising OF4, Harrow was a blast with some incredible riding  8) 8) 8)

Was cool meeting up with a few old and new friends, and worth the diversion into west London even if I missed the ferry by a couple of hours (don't ya just love the M25!)

Roll on the next, back to Kernow concrete  :daumenhoch:

Craig

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Steve, what a blinder. Cant say enough good things about the weekend. Everyone there, all the riding, all the chatting, all the laughing, all so good. A day we will all remember for a long time.

I was just about to say about adding WAB Craig to the list. (Thanks for the lift to Harrow Craig  :daumenhoch:)
Also Chainofstrength lara was with 2BobRob, even if they only just caught us as we left the car park.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys, ive had texts, emails and calls aplenty today from everyone saying the same thinng - we've all got the post roadtrip blues!
I loved meeting you all, not long til the next one - first week of september.... Old Fools 5 - watch this space...
steve]ps - Gary, sooo tv...? Do you mean im a transvestite?     !  ;D

You know exactly what I mean! Nothing 2 do with your sexuality!
Luvvie.....

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Sod it. Still rather proud of this shot.
ps - no one STILL knows i slammed atthe bottom of the slope on my way out of this abubaca. Ssshhh...

Longun

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18 PM »
'cos the next photo in that sequence doesn't give them a clue eh?

Guess there goes my invite to the next one :(

You can add Lee Shurey to the attendees list, and can I say a huge thanks to all who made getting such rad photos possible.

adam01

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 10:19 PM »
billy stupple going round rom with the vid cam doing the drop ins and all the old skool

billy are you going to put a clip on youtube love to see the day

AD

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Sod it. Still rather proud of this shot.
ps - no one STILL knows i slammed atthe bottom of the slope on my way out of this abubaca. Ssshhh...

i did, i was standing right near you when it happened ;D
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I forgot it was that attempt! Yep, that one ends up with a bruised arse cheek. It was the one after that I got back in to the slope... and then came off again!
Happy days. See you on the next one!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 10:24 PM »
billy stupple going round rom with the vid cam doing the drop ins and all the old skool

billy are you going to put a clip on youtube love to see the day

AD

Adam I was doing the tricks and someone else was filming, but I`m sure there`ll be a vid on youtube once it`s all been edited  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Steve, you almost had me sold on those "black chrome" rims. Thats the first time I have seen a Fly and a Suelo brake slip (I saw your front one slipping on the mini too!). Get some Chrome rims!

btw, Steve, you rule! You are so far from a "token rider, even with your Day job you still put it on the line big time. You and Northern Jon have the funniest sun burn/cut shin stories for work on Monday out of anyone!  :-X  :2funny:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:28 PM by S&MAlex »

Longun

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Ooops! I forgot I shot some video as well.  :LolLolLolLol:  

Coming soon I promise.

mi16kie

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 10:29 PM »
oooooooh happy days :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Steve, you almost had me sold on those "black chrome" rims. Thats the first time I have seen a Fly and a Suelo brake slip (I saw your front one slipping on the mini too!). Get some Chrome rims!

btw, Steve, you rule! You are so far from a "token rider, even with your Day job you still put it on the line big time. You and Northern Jon have the funniest sun burn/cut shin stories for work on Monday out of anyone!  :-X  :2funny:

Yeah - throwin' a sickie then getting sunburn - that'll be a fun excuse to come up with!! Go John! Heehee!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip - RIDER LIST!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx