gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 11:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ONE EASY WAY HOW TO KILL YOUR BUILD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ONE EASY WAY HOW TO KILL YOUR BUILD  (Read 2198 times)

motomagII

Re: ONE EASY WAY HOW TO KILL YOUR BUILD
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 09:33 AM »
well ilove em i use one on me race bike and my new build too if they fit new wschool id have one on there too lol

not comfy to sit on but ya dont sit much when racing round the tracks

magna13

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 09:35 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Daddybass

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 09:54 AM »
 :daumenhoch: ill keep my eyes peeled for a red one.

mark 2

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 10:05 AM »
UL's  will work on a bike with a relaxed angle on the seat tube and where you can run them low balanced with a smaller handlebar. Otherwise a big lofty bar and low seat (you can only run UL's kinda low)  and  a steep angle seat tube and you've got Sandy Toksvig syndrome with you being small on the bike with your shoulders bunched up, no  balance to the build and looks shite. And on Japanese builds Elina yes , Uni no. US builds whack on a Uni. There's my 10p's worth of will they or won't they :yahoo_silent:

:LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I feel that way about Uni seats and whitewall tyres, they completely ruin a bike for me.

scary_leary

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52 AM »
yep.. shite

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 10:54 AM »
12-6 so far against

Mark my balls are already out , come and get 'em  ;)

Craig you should know better
mind  you some of the colours you build  ::) ( you like having  bit of an asian theme to some of them bikes  ;D )

It's more the how they sit really forward like you've slided the seat guts right back on a seat , soooooooooooooooper shite

They must ride like having a 14 " top tube  :crazy2:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 11:00 AM »
ELINA UL.....shite.

always were.

got one on my kuwie nova as a kid and it was even shit then.

straight off and a kashi on.

anyone who has one on a bike is officially a bmx pikey and is sinbinned until proper seats are comandeered and installed...

i did put one on a robinson expert, and it looked ok, but it would cos i did it....i'm great though.

and thats that, so no moaning, just sort it.

p.s i have seen the UL on craigs torker..that looks shite as well, and i've even offered him a free decent yellow seat, cos i felt sorry for him..

there is just no helping some people though....

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I have a NOS yellow kashi  :4_17_5: BUT im gonna run with the UL even more so now . >:D

PS dont feel sorry for me not with them generic padsets anyway
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:05 AM by CRAZYCRAIG »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 11:04 AM »
told you :uglystupid2:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 11:05 AM »
I dont agree with the bars Marty mate. Im tall and when i do a build i tighten the stem once the bars feel comfy to me when im sitting on the seat. This makes the bars look too forward.

If you look at old skool pics alot of us had our bars forward to the degree that if the bike had  been pictured like that it would look crap.

I agree though that bars for pics do look better when in line with the angle of the forks but it dosent make a build any worse for hving them forward. ;)

Nick, I spent most of my youth through to early twenties working in bike shops (Heff's in West Drayton and Pedal Power in Isleworth), trust me when I say most kids had their bars too far forward because they had slipped forward trying jump their clinkers and not out of choice.  The amount of times we would put them right for kids on a Saturday morning only to do it again for them a week later  :daumenhoch:.  If the bars are too far forward the sterring is too "quick" and prone to washing out the front wheel in corners, on the other hand it does make sit down wheelies easier  :).

A good guide to how your bars should be was printed in BMX Action...

Marty  ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 11:07 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Pikey here  >:(

I must say they are not the most attractive thing on the eye - however I guess if we build a bike to spec i.e The Nova, then it came with a UL - I could go in the loft and change it to a Kashi maybe but that then ain't spec correct.

Where's Bodamus when you need him  ::)

Anyway I still love you all whether you are homosexual to the Elina UL or not  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Bars forward - not me  :LolLolLolLol:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/gashead69/?action=view&current=ET82.jpg

Don't even think about any trainer comments  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Don't even think about any trainer comments  :2gunsfiring_v1:

I was thinking about making a comment on the socks  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

mark 2

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 11:19 AM »
And when your bars are too far forward Nick it looks like your trying to put your bell in your mouth when riding your bike.

bof

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Elina UL's should be burnt at the stake. Add me to your list Dubber. :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47 AM »
A girl in my class pulled my bell off once  :2funny:

Anyway bars forward made me RAD  :daumenhoch:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/gashead69/?action=view&current=Barsforward.jpg

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 12:10 PM »
I agree Elina UL's are shite looking and haven't got one on any of my bikes. But will be be puting one on my White Kuwahara Nova as it's the Seat that it came with and I'm building it to spec.

I also hate Uni pro and Uni Hammerhead Seats think they look w@nk on most bikes with only a very few exceptions.

bodamus :)

magna13

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 12:29 PM »
A girl in my class pulled my bell off once  :2funny:

Anyway bars forward made me RAD  :daumenhoch:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/gashead69/?action=view&current=Barsforward.jpg

Ace Pics Nick, Got Anymore? P.S.Lovin' The Kuwi ET  :daumenhoch: :smitten:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 01:53 PM »
I dont agree with the bars Marty mate. Im tall and when i do a build i tighten the stem once the bars feel comfy to me when im sitting on the seat. This makes the bars look too forward.

If you look at old skool pics alot of us had our bars forward to the degree that if the bike had  been pictured like that it would look crap.

I agree though that bars for pics do look better when in line with the angle of the forks but it dosent make a build any worse for hving them forward. ;)

Nick, I spent most of my youth through to early twenties working in bike shops (Heff's in West Drayton and Pedal Power in Isleworth), trust me when I say most kids had their bars too far forward because they had slipped forward trying jump their clinkers and not out of choice.  The amount of times we would put them right for kids on a Saturday morning only to do it again for them a week later  :daumenhoch:.  If the bars are too far forward the sterring is too "quick" and prone to washing out the front wheel in corners, on the other hand it does make sit down wheelies easier  :).

Marty  ;)

brilliant!

not only has craig used a ul but his cars are really forward as well....

gwarn :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Nice Pics Nick, That Kuwi Looks Nice! What Bars Did You Have On It :smitten:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2008, 02:33 PM »
GT pro's I think  ???

No UL in sight mind  :LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Nice!

The Seats An Aeroyal Isnt It?  ??? Or A Kashi Aero?

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2008, 02:39 PM »

Marty  ;)

brilliant!

not only has craig used a ul but his cars are really forward as well....

gwarn :daumenhoch:
Oi!!!! whats my car got to do with it ?  :-\
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ONE EASY WAY HOW TO KILL YOUR BUILD

gfxgfx
gfx gfx