gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975464 Posts in 138918 Topics by 6342 Members - Latest Member: Bikemong March 19, 2024, 07:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!  (Read 194032 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2008, 09:01 AM »
And he rode with a coaster as well  :shocked:

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

marcuscent

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Yes. I do still have it.. still looking pretty good. I'll take a pic and post it. Haven't changed so much as a brake cable in the last 15 years. A few signs of rust but I'll keep it forever.

Amazingly - he still has that black Master  - hasn't changed since these pics at Tizer '88!! (nor has he!!).

[/quote]

johhnyboyz

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2008, 08:37 PM »
was watching ZACH SHAW today he is still RAD  :shocked: :shocked:  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

jedi

« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2008, 08:39 PM »
zach is still mental   :daumenhoch:

johhnyboyz

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2008, 08:45 PM »
sure is he was doing a display today, rides for these http://www.teamextreme.co.uk/   couple of other good riders, i think they had to many JDS last nite though

Ricky

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Loving the pics Gary. Remember Gary and Wee Brian Henderson. I was mates with theie older brother Mark and their Dad ran the BMX club. Framey and Scott too, they were all years younger than me though. When was this Scott Carroll pic taken as i'm pretty sure thats me sat down on the lip second in from the right. black/grey nike windbreaker.
Here a few more names for you that you might remember if not already listed

Ricky Fleming
Duncan "Junior" Fraser
Colin Reese
Big Cammy ? - PK Ripper Tabletop Meister up the hip

Livvy King of the Skatepark - 1985 or '86

Ricky

Junior

Jeez i was enjoying this thread and then my picture pops up, i cant even renember a livi King of the Skatepark contest!, brain must be fried, great pics everyone by the way.
Ricky

bmxer4ever

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Loving the pics Gary. Remember Gary and Wee Brian Henderson. I was mates with theie older brother Mark and their Dad ran the BMX club. Framey and Scott too, they were all years younger than me though. When was this Scott Carroll pic taken as i'm pretty sure thats me sat down on the lip second in from the right. black/grey nike windbreaker.

Ricky Fleming
Duncan "Junior" Fraser
Colin Reese

Ricky

Junior

Jeez i was enjoying this thread and then my picture pops up, i cant even renember a livi King of the Skatepark contest!, brain must be fried, great pics everyone by the way.
Ricky

No way! Ricky Fleming! How the devil are you - never even knew you were on here!
Don't think the pics of you are from the K.o.S., just another day I was riding at Livi - '85 or something like that.
May well have been the same day this pic was taken of ME! :LolLolLolLol: Might help jog your memory!

You still riding?
G
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:11 PM by bmxer4ever »

DR VINOAH

« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2008, 01:12 PM »
dont know if he has already been mentioned
but how about the guy who taught bob haro all his tricks

surely he is a forgotten man of freestyle

bmxer4ever

« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2008, 08:22 PM »

???????????????????????????????????????????? :LolLolLolLol:

og zima

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2008, 09:19 PM »
 todd anderson and tony " the tiger" murry both used to go massive out of quarters , but mainly remember tony killing del mar skatepark, amazing.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2008, 11:03 PM »
todd anderson and tony " the tiger" murry both used to go massive out of quarters , but mainly remember tony killing del mar skatepark, amazing.

fletchy baby

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2008, 06:42 AM »
 tony murray was mad as!!!         

had that photo on my wall BITD.

still has me in awe now !   + as with andy brown , these MASSIVE airs are with a coasterbrake !

without dissing the new riders i just dont think a lot of people apreciate how bloody hard those things ( coasters ) were to ride when doin airs .

i remember bombing down a hill +  the coaster engaged +had me spat over the handlebars !  i came off a lot worse than the bike too

bmxer4ever

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2008, 11:48 AM »
tony murray was mad as!!!         

had that photo on my wall BITD.

still has me in awe now !   + as with andy brown , these MASSIVE airs are with a coasterbrake !

without dissing the new riders i just dont think a lot of people apreciate how bloody hard those things ( coasters ) were to ride when doin airs .

i remember bombing down a hill +  the coaster engaged +had me spat over the handlebars !  i came off a lot worse than the bike too

I know what you mean - rode with a coaster for a while, on quarters too, but got spat off a few times as well- jumping up a kerb of all things, over the bars and headfirst into a hedge! Coasters bite!
 :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2008, 12:28 PM »
I never had a problem with a coaster but if I had known how easy it was without one I would never have bothered. I think we were scared of not being able to do 540 kickturns and rollback 540's but I have done them with a freewheel now.

I did realise and drilled the coaster out of my Tuffs (!) and put a freehub in instead - went a lot higher after that!  :LolLolLolLol:

Funnily enough - used to pull rollback 540's all the time on a freewheel - but havin' trouble gettin past 360 now!
Old age settin' in.....!
G

Ricky

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2008, 04:31 PM »

Ricky Fleming
Duncan "Junior" FraserHi Gary
Nice footplant by the way!, no i stopped riding in the eighties silly boy that i was, had a couple of trips to livi last year my mate bought a bike, was great fun but i didnt go that bit further and guy a bike again im into the mountain biking now and a bit of snowboarding did you stay into bmx right through then?
Ricky
Colin Reese

Ricky

Junior

Ricky

No way! Ricky Fleming! How the devil are you - never even knew you were on here!
Don't think the pics of you are from the K.o.S., just another day I was riding at Livi - '85 or something like that.
May well have been the same day this pic was taken of ME! :LolLolLolLol: Might help jog your memory!

You still riding?
G

bmxer4ever

« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Hi Gary
Nice footplant by the way!, no i stopped riding in the eighties silly boy that i was, had a couple of trips to livi last year my mate bought a bike, was great fun but i didnt go that bit further and buy a bike again im into the mountain biking now and a bit of snowboarding did you stay into bmx right through then?
Ricky

Never stopped mate, although I did stagnate a bit!
Still doing the same tricks I was 20 years ago!
Only time I wasn't riding was for nearly a year after my bike got nicked. Apart from that, it's been 1983 to present day.
Thinking about getting a new bike soon as well!
G

June 2008, practicing table 180's out the bowl @ Kelvingrove.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:47 PM by bmxer4ever »

stumpy

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2008, 09:44 PM »

???????????????????????????????????????????? :LolLolLolLol:

You thinkin of John Swanguen V.Noah? Think thats the spelling, if so thats real old skool.

Stumpy

hudu

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Dave Slade

Chris Hardy

Jason Ellis

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Dave Slade

Chris Hardy

Jason Ellis

Aye....used to ride with both Dave and Ell!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

macky

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Dave Slade

Chris Hardy

Jason Ellis

Jason Ellis was an Amazing rider....

Anyone know if he is still involved in Bmx in anyway???

macky

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2008, 05:40 PM »

Has anyone any idea's who this rider is.... ???

I thought it Chris Hamer... but didn't he air the other way??  :-\

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Anyone know if he is still involved in Bmx in anyway???

No ideas Dave, I'm in touch with Dave S but not heard anything from Ell for years. I've asked James Hudson and he doesn't see him anymore so no joy. There was a guy on here ages ago that used to ride at the Hudson's ramp when I used to go there and he was still in touch with Sean Allinson so I was hoping he could have found out if Sean knew what he was up to these days.

Other than that I've no ideas. He may come on here and not post or want to get involved, some do, not sure why but they do.  :-\

It'd be good to catch up with him, we once had a little fall out at Alfreton over nothing but we still spoke after that.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

rosscoe

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2008, 05:56 PM »
last saw Jason down at Derby storm - maybe 3 or 4 years ago. sneaking abck into it at the time, but dont know if he stuck it. Awesome vert rider

hudu

« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Jason Ellis is doing music things. I shall attempt to direct him here and you can kiss and make up about whatever it was at Alfreton.   :)

Where is Dave Slade?

Chris hardy is still riding last I knew, was globetrotting. Top lad and one fookin amazing rider, still progressing last i saw.

markatkins

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2008, 01:08 PM »
Mark Atkins
Gary Henderson
Paul Gerlach
Paul Zak
Karl Denton
Ollie Matthews
Jason Webb
Simon Kefford
Paul Hudson
Neil Stevens

Dave Nourie
Scott Freeman
Dennis Langlais
Martin Aparijo
Fred Blood

I'll think of some more soon...

Has anyone any idea's who this rider is.... ???
Its Sean Smith if i remember right,rode with him years ago.

I thought it Chris Hamer... but didn't he air the other way??  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx