gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975464 Posts in 138918 Topics by 6342 Members - Latest Member: Bikemong March 19, 2024, 08:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!  (Read 194044 times)

rory

Re: The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 08:09 PM »
jeez, that turn down is awesome :daumenhoch:

spinmaster

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Trevor Meyer
Perry Mervar
Chase Gouin

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Stephen Dalet.  Only I seem to remember him. Meanwhile Gardens and Rom regular, always rode with Marco Lara.  If there'd been a definition of tech back in 82-83, then it would have been a picture of him   :4_17_5:

Rob was this the guy who used to hang out in Alpine action in Notting Hill? Was in BMX action bike with another guy, both in Haro gear doing tailwhips? Feature on the first Potts mod bolts.

Also
Chris Young
Rob Bell
Paul Davies? (Pikey)

God Damn!!!!!!   That might just be him!  It's the old innertube tied around the seat thats giving him away to me, that was one of his tricks to help with 'suicide' kickturns and rampstalls.

Chris Young is around kinda,   not sure about Rob Bell, I rode with him a fair bit when he was at Rom early days. Pikey Paul Davies was riding well into the 90s, at my vert ramp, leigh on sea, Radlands, Wakefield and a lot of those other mid school parks.  Still had a killer bunnyhop on him  :)

Arma

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37 PM »
absolutely   no one thanks  i think the guys nowadays are doing enough not to dwell on rubbish,   yes this may upset some but come on get real,  as if i wanna see fiola back when i got webby or chase!!!!!!!!!!!!        sorry if i offend and  it maybe off topic but hell im saying my shite as usual ,  all complates  to the stuntman please ..

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 09:41 PM »
pat stop waffling and get out on ya bike!  ;D

rosscoe

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 09:47 PM »
Neville Potts
Simon Smith
Nick Martin
Alan Sibley
Andy Brown
Lincoln Blacksley
Phil Dolan
Jamie Morley
Tony McKenzie
Jason Lunn
Fergus Heron
Scott Carroll

Nick Martin cruises about in poorly modified cars now - nice lad - hasnt ridden for many many years
Alan Sibley still rides at Radcliffe every now and again -  soooooo old school it hurts - but still as sketchily rad as he was many moons ago

Arma

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 09:47 PM »
so where was you soft lad at rom,,!!!!

rosscoe

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 09:53 PM »
scott macdonald
alan withlington

rosscoe

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55 PM »
there was also a U.K. asian rider about around 83-85.he tested a couple of bikes for action bike and appeared on the bristol bike show video.was mega on ground and trick ramps.i'll watch the vid and get his name unless someone beats me to it.

one of the notts locals did one test session real early on - Pardeep Lail - dont know if he was on any vid or anything though

bmxer4ever

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 10:22 PM »
absolutely   no one thanks  i think the guys nowadays are doing enough not to dwell on rubbish,   yes this may upset some but come on get real,  as if i wanna see fiola back when i got webby or chase!!!!!!!!!!!!        sorry if i offend and  it maybe off topic but hell im saying my shite as usual ,  all complates  to the stuntman please ..

Jeez Pat - you took your time, we're 4 pages in already...  :LolLolLolLol:

Arma

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26 PM »
nice one bro haha

sean

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Gary Neal... Awsome flat rider. Very techniacl and never dabbed. went to all the comps with his grand parents

RADHAB

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2008, 10:21 AM »

PMSL!!!! Go on Pat :LolLolLolLol:

Coastvl

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Poor old Jeff Watson.
He had the jump on BMXA stardom and got left behind.
he did enough to impress me and want a bike like his.
I'm currently building an exact replica  :daumenhoch:

;)

Coastvl

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Oh and Donovin Ritter makes a special appearance on Mike D's Myspace page.
 :daumenhoch:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68960522

SaMAlex

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Oh and Donovin Ritter makes a special appearance on Mike D's Myspace page.
 :daumenhoch:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68960522

There is some great stuff on that myspace page. Some really funny stories dissin Fiola.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Here's a couple of forgotten men of freestyle for you...who is yours.

UK - Nick Jefferies

US - Donovan Ritter - he was a rad mo fo was Ritter but you never hear his name mentioned much these days.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

Daz :daumenhoch: who???

lodge

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008, 05:18 PM »
Gary Neal... Awsome flat rider. Very techniacl and never dabbed. went to all the comps with his grand parents

Agreed also very fast, here's a dodgy pic of Gary.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2008, 05:40 PM »

Fook me Pat...you're never fooking happy are you!  ::)

You fooking moan about the 'same old sh1te' posts so I put something up to get some peoples opinions because as you know they vary hugely and you're still not fooking happy.

I bet the long winter night fooking fly by in your house!  ;D

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008, 06:17 PM »

Fook me Pat...you're never fooking happy are you!  ::)

You fooking moan about the 'same old sh1te' posts so I put something up to get some peoples opinions because as you know they vary hugely and you're still not fooking happy.

I bet the long winter night fooking fly by in your house!  ;D

Daz.

Yo Daz - where you at right now? You in Glasgow area? How crap is THIS weather!
Maybe it'll dry up over the weekend and we can hit Kelvingrove.... My flu seems to be under control to an extent - back to work today - struggled, but made it through!
Great thread by the way - I've been havin' fun trying to find pics to match the riders!
G

Trev

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2008, 06:56 PM »
We should rename this thread to Challenge Gary....  ;D

bmxer4ever

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2008, 07:06 PM »
We should rename this thread to Challenge Gary....  ;D

If it wasn't for the fact I'd get a doin' from Aileen for being on the computer ALL the time - I'd be up for it!!!
The only reason I've been able to get so many pics up on this thread is 'cos I've been off work with the flu for the past few days!
I'll still try my best though......

Arma

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2008, 09:49 PM »
only a wind up guys dont bite you no what im like ,  by the way love that full pipe pic thats ok...

jedi

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2008, 09:50 PM »
pat,you sobered up from rom yet?

Arma

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2008, 09:54 PM »
just about bro but i was outta action till wednesday..  cheers for ya concern man.. cant remember what time we finished or how i got home but all  turned out ok as usual..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Forgotten Men of Freestyle!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx