gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 01:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  >>> MK08 THANK YOU'S! PLEASE READ <<<
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: >>> MK08 THANK YOU'S! PLEASE READ <<<  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
>>> MK08 THANK YOU'S! PLEASE READ <<<
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:13 AM »

Okay, it' a bit like the oscars, but it all needs to be said. Please take a read as these people make MK what it is today.

Everyone
Thank you to everyone that turned up and supported the event by either buying some merchandise, racing or show & shine – greatly appreciated. It’s you guys who fuel these events for the benefit of others. Thank you so much.

The Racing was the best we’ve ever had this year, and the show & shine was simply awesome. The standard is raising year on year and we’re definitely entering the ‘presentation’ stage now, where the display and information behind the bike is getting as important as the bike itself. Jay, Phipssio, Chris, Rich, 2020Mad and Sawzall are testiment to this – thanks guys for showing how it’s done!

Mattdub & Waxintaxin
Without these two guys MK could not happen. Their input and efforts on the run up and during the event can never be underestimated, and on top of that they are two of the nicest people I know.

Thank you also to Rich for putting on an amazing SE Racing display – it is this type of dedication that makes MK so special.

Oh, and to Matt for finally building a couple of bikes – mate, they were worth waiting for!

Nick Gashead, Rob Pickle, Jenny Paul, Pete Quadrophenia, Lee Radman & Bob Acid
These guys were an amazing support for the organising team. Their input this year meant that me, rich and Matt were actually able to enjoy the event. Thank you as always.

Nick – you were always there mate. Beginning to end, you were always asking what next – and then, like a little terrier, getting on with it. Brilliant. And thank you for arranging that special award for me, it was greatly appreciated.

Bob – Thank you so much for clearing the back field after the event, I couldn’t believe it when you said it was done! Awesome.

Jenny – For the hours you spent signing people in and selling the merchandise.

Pete – For being there from start to finish always helping.

Lee – for bringing all your wonderful collection and showing people how it’s done!

Rob – for making sure folk were registered for the show & shine and organising the main tent on the Sunday, it was lovely and neat…the best it’s ever looked!

Moschops & The MK BMX Track Team and Pete Kirk
Guys, thank you so much for hosting the event and running the race schedule. 100% slick as usual. The track was awesome and your efforts year on year are spectacular. Thank you.

Ross Tricknuts
Mate, I can’t believe you came all the way from the USA to be with us. Thank you so much for organising the stuff from Ron Wilkerson, simply stunning. You are a top fella and RADBMX are in your debt – anything you ever need, we are here for you.

DC Shoe Co
What more can I say? Thank you, thank you, thank you for your unconditional support of RADBMX and our events. I am stunned by your love for BMX and what we do. Andy – there is a place at my dinner table for you and your family whenever you want it.

The RADBMX MK event would not be what it is today without your support. For that we are indebted to you.

SE Racing / Shiners / Rich / Jai Kemp
What can I say guys? One of the greatest names in our sport, you’re always there for us and we greatly appreciate it. Your set up this year was fantastic and thank you so much for bringing all the old school goodies and deals down this year – so many people came up to me to say how happy they were! (Not least me!!!).

Jai – A pleasure as always mate, thank you so much for the personal time and effort you put into the weekend. Brilliant.

Rich – thank you for your continued support and for being a very very nice guy!

UKBikeCo / Darren (Dibly)
RADBMX was set up to honour the history of our sport, but we’re also the first generation of BMX dads/mums – so we have our eyes firmly set on the future too. For this reason, we love UK Bike Co…

Set up by a passionate rider/engineer with enough balls to get out there, make a difference and realise his dreams – Darren (Dibly). The RADBMX team has a great respect for you fella and really appreciate your support of the event. We can wait to see how BMX develops and we hope UK Bike Co, with it revolutionary products, is part of that future.

Good luck to you mate.

JT71 and JT Smooth
Thank you for supporting the event and offering our members a reliable, well priced source of old school BMX goodies. Your customer service and active involvement in the site is very much appreciated by us all. It was great to meet you both at the weekend!

JT Smooth – thank you for the frame sets for the winners of the racing mate, they were brilliant!

Firebird / Del / SuperBikeDan
Not only did these guys support the event, but also it is these talented craftsmen that help us bring our bikes back to their former glory with their skills. Where would we be without Steve’s padsets, Del’s decals and Dan’s powdercoating? And to top it off, they are all top top chaps.

Del – thank you for providing the MK08 stickers free of charge to the event – they looked the nuts!

SBD – thank you for donating a free powder coat to the winner of Dave & Billys Bike of the Show. Sorry that you and little Billy couldn’t make it due to bill’s horrific off. We wish you both all our love.

Steve – thank you for donating a padset to the Old School Bike of the Show winner. Nice one!

Race Marshals
A massive thank you to Region11, Gary72, Harris, Pickle, Kuwahero, Bananaman, Gashead and Ratty for their excellent marshalling and also to Generallee and Nikki for their finish line dedication. This event can not run without guys like you giving up their time – we can’t say thank you enough for this chaps.

Please drop me a pm – as I have some DC goodies here for you.

MacMark
Thank you for the awesome job you did on the t-shirts mate – working til 4am to ensure they were all done on time, was above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks so much mate!!!!

Paul Stuntmaster
Thank you so much for your help with the judging this year buddy, it was tough!! But I think the decision made were good ones!

Bren
Thank you for finally selling those Condor stickers and post. I love you!

Baldbmxer
Thank you for finding me an MCS stem to be able to finally finish my Pit Performer! And for being a top top man.

Mark J
Thank you for manning the stand so that I could see my little girl race in her very first event. It meant a great deal to me. Cheers buddy.

Jay/Phippsio/Chris
The Haro display was awesome guys – thank you so much for the time and effort you put into it, it was an inspiration to us all.

2020 Mad
Mate, the skyway display was brilliant dude. We continue to be impressed by your dedication to the site – always there to support every event. Thank you.

Sawzall
Again, a brilliant display and some very rare bikes. Thank you for bringing them and congratulations on winning the SE OM Flyer – was really pleased for you mate!

Cazza
Thank you for entertaining the kids with great face painting and tattoos! They were brilliant.

Final thanks as always to the rest of the RADBMX team. Bill, Dave, Oli – thank for starting the site which has given us all a forum for our hobby. Well done guys.

I think that’s it!!! I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone.

Roll on Xmas Event and MK09. See you there.

The RADBMX Team

JT71

Re: >>> MK08 THANK YOU'S! PLEASE READ <<<
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:42 AM »
you forgot one.

the biggest thankyou of all should be from everyone to

Dave - Stodgy.

Awesome job fella, and also to your wife who shouldered some of the burden for you.  :daumenhoch:

same time next year then?

dibly

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:44 AM »
 Dave the biggest thumbs up in the world to you fella for sorting all this out man! THANK YOU!  :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Like Joe said Cheers Dave  :daumenhoch:. A lot of hard work goes into organising these type of events.

But look at the quality again this year, loads of happy faces walking and riding around talking bmx, the photo's all show people having a laugh which is a massive acheivement all round.  THANKS  :4_17_5:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Same time next week???  :) :) :)
Amazing event you guys put together, big old pat on the back to you all  :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Was a pleasure to give the 3 FnF sets  :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:00 PM »
yes Dave you muppet, take a bow you deserve it  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Yep big THANKS to you Dave.......legend!  :4_17_5:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 12:09 PM »
An awesome weekend with amazing people, fantastic racing and some serious, serious metal !!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for such a brilliant time ... INCLUDING YOU DAVE   :4_17_5:  :4_17_5:  :4_17_5:

Lil Gashead

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 03:35 PM »
yep well done dave :daumenhoch:

mark 2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Like they're all saying Dave, massive thanks to you, was the best time I've had in years. Glad I could help you that little bit, knew it was important  to you to cheer your little girl on and at least squeeze in a quick break. Stand proud you did good! Now go on holiday ffs.....

:daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 05:27 PM »
 :-*

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Couldnt agree more, it was a superb event and my first as a radder. I cannot wait for the next get together to talk about this special hobby with the great guys who attended and all the new faces, and old ones i have still not met.

Thanks Stodgy, where would we be without you  :daumenhoch:

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Big thankyou to all who gave me advice and to all who helped kit me out with riding gear, plate etc..... THNKYOU! :) (hugs)

moomin

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Stodgy Rocks  :daumenhoch: PM'd ya mate :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 09:50 PM »
dave it's a big up to you mate, you are the main guy who's done loads for the mk meet,

pat yerself on your back ;)

yeah was gutted we couldn't make it, i had loads of peeps to meet up with but it wasnt to be,

kids aye :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Big up the Dave massive  :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 08:06 PM »
 ???  :knuppel2:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08 PM »
???  :knuppel2:

What? I included you my legendary man.

Moschops

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 10:06 PM »

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 05:10 PM »
yep include yourself on that list  :4_17_5:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 03:22 AM »
 yeah Dave. well done mate.  Great to meet you finally, excellent weekend thanks to you and all the organisers.  I had a blast.   ( and a beer or two)

cheers.. Ross
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

mixjp

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 07:46 PM »
To all the MK boys that put on an awesome weekend......................

Are you going to have any ramps at MK09. I think it would be awesome to have an old skool freestyle event as well.

I'll be there with all the old BMXers that are now either DJ's or producers

I'm in the process of getting my old Haro back up and running.

Bring on the 09

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 08:12 AM »
To all the MK boys that put on an awesome weekend......................

Are you going to have any ramps at MK09. I think it would be awesome to have an old skool freestyle event as well.

I'll be there with all the old BMXers that are now either DJ's or producers

I'm in the process of getting my old Haro back up and running.

Bring on the 09

We would definately love to have ramps at MK09 - however the cost of hiring them is prohibitive as the event is free.

However, it is our desire to include them as soon as it is viable to do so.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  >>> MK08 THANK YOU'S! PLEASE READ <<<

gfxgfx
gfx gfx