gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headset Help!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Headset Help!!!  (Read 690 times)

youngy

Headset Help!!!
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:39 PM »
Hi guys hope you can shed some light on this ::) Are there different size 1" headsets? I've got a tange headset from Alan's but when trying to fit to a Kuwahara KZ1 the head tube seems too short, 4 3/4" long. Is there a specific headset I should be using?? I thought they were all the same :D I have a head set I took off another KZ1 which appears to have a shallow top cup to fit in the frame, similar to the fork race shallow, with the screw down crown an oversized bell shape which fits over the top, this would appear that it may be ok but not sure and have already fitted the cups from the Tange set so will be a shit to remove so want to be sure . Hope you can imagine what I'm talking about here and can help me!! ;D
Thanks in advance guys :daumenhoch:

youngy

Re: Headset Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Anybody!!!!  :(

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55 AM »
can you take some pics of what you mean. then I can advice you better

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:57 AM »
the headset you have with the small bearing race for the top is called a Hatta, hence the shape of the large dome part that fits over the top bearings........but piccies always help

Rooonga

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18 AM »
How is the headset too long - do the forks not reach through it?

Maybe they have been cut down?

Let us know if this is what you mean, and pics would really help us to help you.

:daumenhoch:

youngy

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Knew I should have posted pics! ::) Thanks for replys guys.  :daumenhoch: The forks steerer tube doesn't appear to have been cut down but is only 4 3/4 ". The head set I was attempting to fit, Tange Sieki from Alan's, when fitting there would not be enough to attach the locking nut. The Hatta headset ( cheers Pickle) would appear that this may fit better but am wary of trying to remove the bearing cups if this is not the case ??? Is it me!!! :-[

youngy

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Right have some pictures :daumenhoch: Have also now fitted the Hatta headset but still not right >:( Any ideas or are the forks incorrect
ct :(/kk184/youngy_2008/headsetforkheadsteerer002.jpg[/IMG]

youngy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Cheers for replys guys :daumenhoch: All sorted replacement forks on the way. ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headset Help!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx