gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 18, 2024, 09:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK08 DVD and Blu-Ray DVD (Progress Report) - Job Done!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK08 DVD and Blu-Ray DVD (Progress Report) - Job Done!!  (Read 9911 times)

moley

MK08 DVD and Blu-Ray DVD (Progress Report) - Job Done!!
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:35 AM »
WANTED!!! Finishing Places for all MK08 Races inc Motos
And a List of the Awards Winners!!

I have done a test DVD of my MK08 footage and a Test Blu-Ray disc too!!!

My new software works!! :daumenhoch:

My 1st Blu-ray conversion crashed 2/3 of the way through (my fault I think, I was messing with another program at the time) but it still played on Creamy's PS3 Blu-Ray player up to the point where it crashed.

I still dont have a Blu-Ray Player (apart from in my PC) and I dont have a HD TV to watch it on either!! :(

Neither of the 2 test disks had any editing, titles or menus. Just end to end footage with no chapters to flick through.  I just needed to see if it worked.   The quality is good for the DVD (Far better than my DivX Clips that I posted) and the Blu-Ray quality is amazing!!

I burned another Blu-Ray disk last night with a few test titles, sound FX, Music and pictures to test some of the features out!!

That one didn't crash.   I will burn it onto my Blu-Ray ReWriteable disk tonight and check it out.

The DVD's will contain all the motos, quarters, semis and finals.  Also virtually all of the presentations were filmed too (my camera was running out of battery and storage space too, so I had to use sparingly)  So I might have missed a bit here an there.   I blame Del for casually walking instead of running to the podium!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I photographed all the Race Sheets and I have worked out who was racing in each Race and what lane they were in!!

What I need is the finishing positions of the riders.

Otherwise I will have to go through each race (78 races) and try and figure out the positions which could take ages.

On the DVDs, every race will have a Rider list inc gate postions before the race and the Riders finishing postions after the race.

I could also do with a list of the awards winners along with the photos Gashead took of them!!

I will start to PM people tonight and ask permission to use their pictures and video footage so that I can add it to the DVD

I plan on having a Slideshow of pictures  and a Extras section for any other footage that I can obtain.

If have you have any footage or pictures and don't mind me using them then please reply here saying so.

Thank you!!  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:03 PM by moley »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
that's brilliant news. A full list of the show and shine winners can be found in the official events section.

As I've said before, this production has RADBMX's full support - a licenced product.

Moley, give me a call today and we'll sort the artwork.

Thanks buddy, top work!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
looking forward to this DVD dude as can i fook get any of the links you put onto work for me at home :(

you are a star mr mole :daumenhoch:

moley

For Daz and anyone else who can't play any of the DivX Clips in the MK08 Racing Footage (All Races) Thread
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=67731.0

If you can't play these files then you probably need to download the appropriate CODEC.

If your PC cannot play something then its because it doesn't know how to play it!!!

A CODEC is a Coder/Decoder.   It allows your Media players to detect what its trying to play and use the correct decoder so that it can play it!!

Try downloading and installing one of these :-

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm

Download either the Basic, Standard or Full versions!!

:daumenhoch:

BTW if you have a DivX Player or something that can play DivX files (Games Console etc, etc) then all of these Clips will fit onto one CD.

Download 'em and burn to a CD and then watch 'em on your TV.  :daumenhoch:

The CODEC website is down at the moment!!  Try it later!!  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:35 PM by moley »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
also if you stick em on a memory stick as AVi files then you can watch em through ya PS3  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
just having loadsa problems with commy at home, its dieing :LolLolLolLol: aint got a ps3, proper oldschool wor house, still using cassette tapes n vinyl :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
old school is cool as! but somethings you just gotta have!   :daumenhoch:

moley

I'm lucky I'm bald otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out!!!

Fooking menus and a help manual thats as detailed as a 4 year olds reading book!!

Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!

Finally had a breakthrough at 11pm last night!!!

It'll take me a few days to sort all the menus out.  A lot of text and a lot of Links.    I could just have 1 menu and you play all the races but that would make it hard to find individual races so I'm splitting each class out to its own menu and separate menus for the Motos and finals for the OS 20" because there is 30 races in that class.

I'm still waiting for Mattdub to sort out the finishing positions for each race otherwise its gonna take me another few days watching all 78 races and working out the positions!!!  :(

I have JTSmooth's Handlebar Cam footage!!

Still not PMd anyone about using their pictures in the slideshow yet!!

Hopefully I'll have all the menu structure completed over the weekend!!  ???

They're not needed yet until the menu system is completed!!

moley

Re: MK08 DVD and Blu-Ray DVD (Progress Report) - Its coming on nicely!!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 08:17 AM »
I have done it so the you can watch the entire film or you can select individual races

I have sorted the Menus out for the Scene Selections for each class.

I have done all of the Lane positons for the start gates so that people will be able to determine if they are racing or not.

Mattdub is sorting out the finishing positions for me.

If he doesn't I have worked out that if I spend 5 minutes (if I'm that lucky) figuring out the finishing positions in each race that it will take nearly 7 hours.  So it could add an extra week onto deadline if I dont get the finishing positions!!

I've still got to PM everyone for permission to use their Photos and do the Picture Slideshow.

I've still got to do the Intro, Extras and Credits

And then hopefully, that should be it!!

The software is good but it keeps crashing and I keep losing work.  The help feature is shite and the software isn't the easiest to use either.

Arrgh!!  >:(

With any luck a Pre-Production copy could complete in the next 7-10 days.   Or longer if I dont get the finishing positions!!

eloopnai

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 11:13 AM »
cant wait for this moley it sounds like its gonna be fantastic  :daumenhoch:

you deserve a medal for the time and effort you have put into this  :4_17_5:

i have video footage also of mk08 as you know cos i was filming next to you but im sure its the same as what you have got let me know if you need it
it was just the finals at the end really as i didnt make them  :(

moley

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I dont think I need it Ian as it will be from the same POV!!

I might dig out all the other footage though and stick it on the Extras menu.

I have JT Smooths Handlebar footage too!!

I'll start PMing everyone for permission in the next few days.  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 03:21 PM »
thats excellent news! cant wait to buy my copy. how much will they be?

moley

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 03:32 PM »
I dont know about prices yet!!

If its used to generate some money for RADBMX then the powers that be will decide on a price and a fair markup on Production costs!!

The Blu-Ray version will be expensive though.  A blank Blu-Ray Disc will cost £8-9 minimum!!!

magna13

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 04:01 PM »

moley

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 12:00 AM »
I am doing the Closing Credits and Thank yous/shout outs etc, etc.

I have all of the Riders names!!  :daumenhoch:

I have the winners for the Show and Shine!!  :daumenhoch:

A few shout outs from the likes of Bob_Acid, Mattdub and Stodgy!!  :daumenhoch:

More needed if any Mods wants to contribute!!

I could do with a list of entrants to the Show and Shine!!

So that anyone who paid to race (done!) or show and shine (not done!) can get some recognition!! 

I need permission to use photos from

Beard1973 (PMd)
BigPlinky (PMd)
Bob_Acid (PMd)
Gashead (PMd)
Generallee (PMd)
Harorider (PMd)
Ivegotaburner (PMd)
Jay (PMd)
JT71 (PMd)
kdw712 (PMd)
Mattdub (PMd)
Monkeybiscuits (PM'd)
MutzNuts (and permission to use his race footage) (PM'd)
Orgasmdonor  (PMd)
Quadrophenia (PMd)
S&M Alex (PMd)
Sawzall (PMd)
Steve P (PMd)
Waxintaxin (PMd)
Wish id kept my TA (PMd)

Everybody has been PM'd!!  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:31 AM by moley »

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 05:57 PM »
I need permission to use photos from

Steve P (PMd)

Absolutely no problem at all ... feel free to use any of my photos  :daumenhoch:

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 10:26 AM »
how do u change them to avi files? :-\

moley

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 11:13 AM »
how do u change them to avi files? :-\

I dont understand!!  ???

How do you change what?

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 07:23 PM »
also if you stick em on a memory stick as AVi files then you can watch em through ya PS3  :daumenhoch:
sorry didnt explain :D  this is what i mean^

moley

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I'm doing a DVD of MK08 and a Blu-Ray Disc Version.

If you want to play it on your PS3 then you can buy the Blu-Ray Disc Version

The upside of the Blu-Ray Disc version is that it will be HD quality (1920x1080 resolution).  :daumenhoch:

The downside is that blank Blu-Ray Discs are expensive!!  :(

My pirate version of the Software started to fook up big time today so I bought the proper software!!

So far so good.   Hopefully the reason I was having so many problems with it was because it was a copied version!! :(

Half of the Intro is done.  Just waiting for some artwork from Stodgy to finish it off and tart up the menus.

moley

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 09:36 PM »
I have now done all the finishing positions!!  :shocked:

That was 6-7 hours worth of my life well spent!!

They should be around 98% correct (hopefully 100%)!!

Just waiting on a couple of people to post some stuff to me!!

And for some of Stodgy's MK Artwork!

Then its just tidying & tarting up, checking all the links to correct and then praying to God that it burns to a disc!!!

And if it works then I can get my life back!!!  :)

moley

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 03:26 PM »
MK08 DVD is done!!

I just need Stodgy to sign off on it and then it will be ready for sale.

Sorry for the long wait but this is the 3rd incarnation of the DVD.

The others fell by the wayside due to bug ridden software.  The 2nd version was 95% complete after more than 40 hours worth of time spent on it.  The software crashed while saving and corrupted everything.  I lost the lot.  :'(

This 3rd and final version is more streamlined than the last due to time constraints.  I wanted to get this done before the Xmas RADBMX Party.

Its got all the races including gate and finishing positions, the presentation, JT Smooth's Handlebar camera footage and kdw712 footage.  It also has all the photos by RAD members (hundreds of photos) and an extensive Credits list.

Total running time is about 3 hours 20mins.

The Blu-Ray version hasn't been encoded yet but should be the same as the DVD version (Only far better quality)

Prices will be set when Stodgy approves the DVD (if he approves) and decides how it will be sold!!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 03:32 PM »
MK08 DVD is done!!

I just need Stodgy to sign off on it and then it will be ready for sale.

Sorry for the long wait but this is the 3rd incarnation of the DVD.

The others fell by the wayside due to bug ridden software.  The 2nd version was 95% complete after more than 40 hours worth of time spent on it.  The software crashed while saving and corrupted everything.  I lost the lot.  :'(

This 3rd and final version is more streamlined than the last due to time constraints.  I wanted to get this done before the Xmas RADBMX Party.

Its got all the races including gate and finishing positions, the presentation, JT Smooth's Handlebar camera footage and kdw712 footage.  It also has all the photos by RAD members (hundreds of photos) and an extensive Credits list.

Total running time is about 3 hours 20mins.

The Blu-Ray version hasn't been encoded yet but should be the same as the DVD version (Only far better quality)

Prices will be set when Stodgy approves the DVD (if he approves) and decides how it will be sold!!

Awesome amount of work Moley , big props to you  :daumenhoch: .

Will any be available this saturday ? , Dave needs to "sign it off" I see so chop chop Dave .

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Not just me to sign off - Bill, Dave, Rich and you Matt.

moley

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I was bringing copies for Stodgy, Billstup and Rombloke on Saturday so that they can sign off on it.

I'll bring another two copies for Rich and you (Mattdub)

Its then up to you lot whether you want the DVD as an Official RADBMX footage etc, etc.

Somebody is bringing a dvd player or portable PC to show some OS BMX DVD's so I can stick the DVD on that so you can see what it like!!

Its good but not as good as the 2nd version which had a brilliant retro Trailer with loads of racing footage and photos in it. 

This version is good though and is probably better because its more streamlined and without all the excesses I added to it!!

The 2nd version crashed on Sunday, so I had Monday off work so that I could redo the entire DVD so I could finish it in time.

I'm out thursday night and have a Works Do on Friday so I only had 3 days to do it and it takes 7 hours or so to re-encode the DVD so I didn't have time to mess around!!

I'll check the DVD out tonight and change the couple of minor mistakes I have already noticed and then re-encode overnight!!

It will be sorted for Saturday!! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK08 DVD and Blu-Ray DVD (Progress Report) - Job Done!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx