gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975498 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 04:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  dennis wingham- slam times......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dennis wingham- slam times......  (Read 4942 times)

welsh denny

dennis wingham- slam times......
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:30 AM »
dennis wingham spanks himself silly on a 900 at koc back in 1993.

/>
and at newports skate extreme dennis attempted to flip the spine in 1998.
dennis was just like evel knieval in the way he rode. yes he was good but it was the do or die mentality that really made people watch.  dennis told me he was peeing blood for about a week after this, he wasn't worried cos he'd done it before. ouch.
haven't seen dennis for about 3 years now, a totally sound fella who just used to go NUTS once he got aboard a bike.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: dennis wingham- slam times......
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:34 AM »
lol nothing has changed, went to see him the other day and  hes in pain at the momment, the doc said that he may have ripped the mucsle in his leg but typical den it wont stop him doing what he wants

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Denis, Denis, Denis.....  I was there at Newport that day, I came down on the roadtrip with some Rom locals and that bloke in the green shirt and baseball cap, Craig Cassidy. He was running a firm at the time that was importing the first Eastern stuff and Denis was on the team.  That slam really damaged Denis, as you say he was pissing blood for a good while after. 

I bought a Morales flatland bike that weekend from a Newport local - t'was a bargain as I recall.  :)

welsh denny

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:27 PM »
we probably met then as most of the londoners stayed at a mates house- hitcher, pil, ira, and quite a few more. i know some others got b&b's . did you come out on the lash to newport the nite before the jam. i remember getting totally wreaked. puking outside a takeaway and picking it of my shorts and offering it to hitcher etc. back at liams house i went to the toilet tripped on the stairs coming back(only 3 or 4 of em) and passed out. they thought i'd died in my sleep as i hadn't moved for about 8 hours. i remember the cheer when they threw a cushion at me and i began to stir. nasty hangover that day. so hot in that sk8park, fell asleep on the streetcourse and puked bigtime when i woke. still managed to get all the jam on tape though.  ;D

adam trigg used to visit regularly and he was eastern mounted at the time. he met his (future)wife rachel while out with us in tj's on another occasion. we all had a nite out with trigg and his mates in london for the urban games 2000. i remember justin ashby (ex pro skater) punching us all for being welsh. maybe you were out that nite.?

ps. i think it may have been a mates morales. what colour was it? a few mates had em then...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:36 PM by welsh denny »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I'm sure we must have met, yeah.  I stayed in a B&B that weekend, but did come out the night before. I recall Hitcher running around scaring everybody with his oversized bollock!   Pil described it as the size of a 'small jacket potato'   ;D ;D ;D

You'll know then that Trigger met his wife that weekend, Rachel?  they married a couple of years ago now.

The Morales was chrome, superPros with a Static freecoaster and Peregrine Bars (I think).

welsh denny

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 01:14 PM »
did you enter or ride that jam? if so maybe i should go thru the footage and try find you....

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54 PM »
I was there riding, but I think I left my bike in the car on Jam day. Can't quite remember now...

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Matt Roach got on Eastern through Craig, he keeps threatening to get another bike. He was a nutter as well. He has a story about him and Wingham and a couple of ladies on the beach, have a feeling it might have been the same weekend.

macky

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 05:46 PM »

Dennis was with team extreme at the HUB Festival in Liverpool May this year riding vert!!

he's Still got it!!  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Matt Roach got on Eastern through Craig, he keeps threatening to get another bike. He was a nutter as well. He has a story about him and Wingham and a couple of ladies on the beach, have a feeling it might have been the same weekend.

dennis always was a whore. :LolLolLolLol:
plus there's no beach in newport.  :LolLolLolLol:

dennis started seeing a friend of mine , Jo, after  that weekend. he started coming down every weekend for a while til they split a few months later.
was good for us as he would sometimes rope in other riders to come down and sesh. got quite a bit of flingham footy from his frequent visits. plus newport had the first foampit in the uk. dennis close to learning no handed 360 flips back in 98 in the foam. mirra does them now but den was trying em 10 years ago, and i got the footy to prove it. :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 07:10 PM »
 cheif wiggum as we call him  :LolLolLolLol:up on  portsdown hill, a local motorcycle meeting place
hes usually there with his R1 or beemer

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 10:12 AM »
KOC was back, and so was Dennis !

Offline welsh denny

• Curb Endo
  • 30+ years in the saddle.thank god for padded seats
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 09:11 PM »
I know.  I took that photo.   :daumenhoch:

Denis was gonna throw the flair in Satan't toilet but 3 warms up runs and he wasn't really feeling it. Glad he walked away that day content. Normally he'll wreak himself and not be able to ride

for months.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  dennis wingham- slam times......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx