gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 05:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Faze 7 Trick Team Photos - more added
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Faze 7 Trick Team Photos - more added  (Read 18486 times)

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Faze 7 Trick Team Photos - more added
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I know you all like to look at old school photos, so I dug some of mine out for you.

I hope you like them !

The Team - '84

Dave & Ade - '84

Dave - 7 person bunny hop - '83

No foot kickturn - '84

Bar Press - '84

Rob Air - '86

Dave and me still get out on our old school bikes now and again, we just wish we could still do all those old tricks !
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:57 PM by Faze7-Ade »

magna13

Re: Faze 7 Trick Team Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Ace Pics! Loving That White Quad! :smitten:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Cool pics!

How the fook did you double up on that skinny quarter  :shocked:

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:39 PM »
We tried to do as many tricks as a team as we could - so the doubling up on the small quater pipe was just one of many. In that shot, I've already been up the ramp doing a fakie, and I'm rolling down backwards, with Dave coming up the other side of the ramp to get air. The hard bit was getting the timing sorted so we were as close together as possible. We also managed double drop in's on that little ramp, and double kick turns on the trick ramp, and on the flat we surfed togehter, did 4 cherry pickers, to name a few.

sweetbeats

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Cool pics.. :4_17_5:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:11 PM »
 Think you guys did a demo at my school .My mates and I asked if we could ride the quarter.Most of the FAZE 7 crew were cool with it,but one guy told "Get lost,it`s for Pros only!"

Lee Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Hot!

Obbie

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32 PM »
wasn't tabron in the team at some point ? got a pic here somewere with the name on his helmet ...

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:12 AM »
Think you guys did a demo at my school .My mates and I asked if we could ride the quarter.Most of the FAZE 7 crew were cool with it,but one guy told "Get lost,it`s for Pros only!"

Where was your school and what was it's name ?

School demos nearly always had the local riders in the crowd, and most of the time this wasn't a problem, but there were a number of times where the local riders started riding our ramps without asking (often without crash helmets and pads). Whilst I'm not suggesting you were one of these riders, I can remember some persistant locals who didn't respect our polite requests not to use the ramps, resulting in us having to use more direct language and we had to put our bikes across the ramps to stop them being used.

Unfortunately our insurance did not cover anyone else using our ramps at shows.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:59 AM by Faze7-Ade »

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:21 AM »
wasn't tabron in the team at some point ? got a pic here somewere with the name on his helmet ...

No, Tabron didn't ride with us.

There were 4 original members, in the 1st shot above, and in '85, 2 left the team and we joined forces with the Vertical Axis trick team.

We had sometimes had guests join us for shows - Mason Smith, Jess Darrenforth, Darren Robinson, and Rob Alton all did something with us at some point.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 06:00 AM »
I found some more photos of the team in action - I hope you enjoy them ! (all from 1984)

Some of the outside ones were taken at a farm open day (strange place to do a demo! don't ask), with a cobbled surface and no run up for the ramp. The others are at Forty Hall and an indoor demo in St Albans where we had Jess and Mason as guest riders.

Gary Air

Dave Air

Ade Air

Gary & Martin double drop in

Martin - bunny hop

I've got lots more, and will post them up when I get a chance to scan them.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:29 PM by Faze7-Ade »

fraz167

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Thats a big air in the first batch of pics...Rob 86...must be 6 -7 feet at least

Great pics

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Thats a big air in the first batch of pics...Rob 86...must be 6 -7 feet at least

Yep - that's my up stretched arm at the side in the photo, so it's at least 6 and a half feet. Rob was one of the Vertical Axis Trick Team members that joined forces with us in '86. Him and Andy always used to push each other to see who could go highest at the end of our show.

Rob later went on to race down hill mountain bikes and got a 2nd at the nationals a couple of years back in Masters. He's known on the mountain bike circuit as "RJ".

He's a few years younger than some of us, and I've got a photo of him as a kid in the crowd at one of our early shows. I'll have to dig that one out.

I've not got many shots of the team from '85 - '87, so if anyone's got anything, it'd be great to see them.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:26 PM »

check out the cool ripper

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 07:47 AM »

check out the cool ripper

Yea - I bet Dave wishes he'd kept hold of that.

I've still got the quad, but it's in need of complete restoration, and seeing all those lovely bikes on here makes me want to give it a go. I've got just enough old parts to do a complete rebuild, but it will take hours of TLC to get it back to original condition.

We got sponsored for Haro bikes in '85, and I still ride my team bike (a sport) - shown here from our secret practice location in '86

I've ridden it at Harrow Skatepark with my son, but I'm so out of practice its sad to watch. Even had a small kid come up to me and ask me if I'd been having lessons, because "old people don't ride BMX"

outoftheblueintothenight

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 09:12 AM »
cool pictures  :)

lodge

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Great pics keep em coming, Thats a big bunnyhop on a bike that weighs a ton.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Great stuff - lovin it. Those big bunnyhops were always a crowd pleaser.  Jess Dynoforce and Darrell Robinson were Faze 7 team rider..right? Keep 'em coming.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Great stuff - lovin it. Those big bunnyhops were always a crowd pleaser.  Jess Dynoforce and Darrell Robinson were Faze 7 team rider..right? Keep 'em coming.

Jess was Factory Faze 7, and did the big comps, joined later by Darren. They both rode with us as guests at one point or another but our trick shows were mostly local to the shop (with a few big exceptions - bedford Fall Guys for a season, our trip to Turkey, etc.), and we did do some of the early comps in '83 & '84.

As for some more pix - here are some of the forgotten art of trick ramp riding - a personal favorite of mine, especially kick turns. All outdoor ones are from '84 and the indoor ones are from the Harrow Freestyle Contest which we judged in '85, when we also found out about getting Haro sponsorship.

Dave

Martin

Dave

Martin

Ade

Ade (sorry for the repeat from the endo thread but trick ramps aren't just for kickturns !)

There are still more but I don't want you to get bored of Faze 7 stuff.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 05:25 AM by Faze7-Ade »

Faze7-Dave

Re: Faze 7 Trick Team Photos - more added
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 06:09 PM »
we need more photos. You guys were RAD!!!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 12:23 PM »
I do miss kick turn ramps. Those pics of Dave are awesome.  :daumenhoch:

rosscoe

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 02:50 PM »
sharing the short ramp love with you guys..... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 06:55 PM »
wicked photos mate. i realy do miss going to FAZE-7 in waltham cross and dream of the bikes they had in there  :(

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Went looking for the Christmas decs in the loft and found some old photos of our first ever demo, at Livingstone School in New Barnet.

Thought I'd post them up, these would have been some time in 83 or 84.

4 kids, given a Faze 7 jersey each, home made ramps, and a handful of tricks.

Where did those hair cuts come from  ;D

Gary - brakes didn't work, so a foot in the back wheel for a kickturn

Martin - Dropping in from our huge ramp, all of 6ish feet high

Dave - anyone remember front hops ?

Dave & Me - That ramp was cosey for double drop ins

I've found an old photo of a no footer kickturn, so will post that up soon too....

sweetbeats

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Quality Ade-now get back in the loft and find us somemore please  :daumenhoch:
Love the fire engine shot  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Faze 7 Trick Team Photos - more added

gfxgfx
gfx gfx