gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 09:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hoffman pressure bolt
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hoffman pressure bolt  (Read 820 times)

spicybob

hoffman pressure bolt
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Hi chaps

Does anyone know where I can obtain a hoffman pressure bolt for my Fat Free Forks.

Ive rounded the bolt that came with them.

Winstanleys have them listed for £10 - but are out of stock. (say they can order one)
Alans and Custom Riders tell me the part is not and has not been available and that Winstanleys are listing a part they cannot get.

Ive had trouble ordering from Winstanleys in the past ( parts not turning up ) so dont want to order something from them  which is supposedly mot avaialble.

Any advice??

Cheers

Nana

Re: hoffman pressure bolt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Yes dont think you will get one of them  :-\ hollow stem bolt which will do the same job! i got a dna one from a very nice rad member ;) it clamps the stem to the bottom of the forks if you get me :)

spicybob

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Hi Nana

Was it one of these?? see pics ( if attached )

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nana

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Yes mate that bottom one looks ideal just check what length you need ie put the stem and forks on and measure from bottom of fork to the top of stem  :) mines looks like the bottom one with that dna washer on it ;) oh and i have had mine about a year and have given it some serious stick and its never loosened!

spicybob

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Cheers mate

Will see if I can get one.

If not Hoffman say their pressure bolt should be available end of March.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hoffman pressure bolt

gfxgfx
gfx gfx