gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 05:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW bars - fake or real?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW bars - fake or real?  (Read 2296 times)

oldsky

CW bars - fake or real?
« on: August 04, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Please help me wih this.  I have been offered a pair of cw bars with no stickers so how do I know if they are genuine?  By the welding your gonna say.  Ok so what am I looking for in the welding.  Nice and neat with a regular repeat as opposed to a messy load of blobs?  Did the fakes always have crap welding or might the dodgy welder have had a good day and got a bit flash.  Has anyone got a pic of authentic cw welded bars.

Thanks for any help you can give.

(would a pic of these bars I'm being offered help?)

weston

Re: CW bars - fake or real?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 05:48 PM »
its hard to tell because as the years went on the got very very good at making replica bars,the welding & the geometry was perfect on the copies,i know this because my mates dad used to own a very famous bike shop which used to buy copies & put cw stickers on them,anyway some of the copies were as strong as the originals & if you get a cw sticker nobody will know...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW bars - fake or real?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx