gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 09:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  "Fake" Suntour 16T freewheels?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "Fake" Suntour 16T freewheels?  (Read 1569 times)

J Rolla

"Fake" Suntour 16T freewheels?
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I got a 16T and a 17T from the same dude on ebay. I could see from the pics that the 16T came without any logos on the pack but thought that must just be how they are. I used the 17T straight away on a build but have only just opened the 16T to realise it looks slightly different and doesn't even say Suntour on it. Also it doesn't feel at precision made as the 17T and the click sounds weird in comparison.

My question is to anyone who has used these, did your 16T Suntour freewheel come in a clear pack or one with a logo, and is Suntour stamped on the freewheel?

It was so long ago that I bought it, it's probably too late to moan if it is dodge   :-\

Cheers  :daumenhoch:
J

Frosty

Re: "Fake" Suntour 16T freewheels?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 04:00 PM »
They may be stamped 333, this was also how some were marked.

dan-dare

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:08 PM »
You are right, the 16's without 'Suntour' are stamped '888' and are deffo not as good quality as the 'Suntour' ones.

I got one, advertised as 'Suntour', and it is cack. :daumenhoch:

J Rolla

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:21 PM »
You are right, the 16's without 'Suntour' are stamped '888' and are deffo not as good quality as the 'Suntour' ones.

I got one, advertised as 'Suntour', and it is cack. :daumenhoch:

"888", that's the one. Get yours off ebay? Might see if I can send mine back. There is actually play between the inner and outer part. Not finished nicely like the Suntour 17T either

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:23 PM »
If it ain't stamped Suntour then it ain't Suntour (and probably cack  :LolLolLolLol:)
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

J Rolla

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:32 PM »
(and probably cack  :LolLolLolLol: )
You are correct, I'm not riding with this thing   :idiot2:
It doesn't even say made in Japan! (and definately doesn't feel like it either)

J Rolla

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Suntour 16T's in the Rad shop look just like mine in clear bag with crinkle cut ends. Guess that's just how they are. Some of them at least  ???
Weird that they aren't just the same as the larger ones just with less teeth  :uglystupid2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  "Fake" Suntour 16T freewheels?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx