gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 12:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens  (Read 8207 times)

condor96

hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:39 AM »
there are quite a few different versions of these bars so i felt i should put this together to help everybody identify all the different types of love handles. same basic design but small detailed differences. so im gonna try and show all the different ones.
someone feel free to sticky this if so inclined. and if anybody has anything else to add or a correction feel free to do so.

first gen. removeable grip tubes with two bolts on the front holding the bars on.released early 95(around spring time)until early summer of 95. alot smaller than the later love bars. the chocolate bars were basically a rerelease of the first gen love bars but with welded grip tubes and capped ends.

here are the chocolate bars,notice how they are basically identical to first gen loves. chocolates came out in early 98.

2nd gen. removeable grip tubes with a bolt on each side holding the grip tubes on. bigger than the first gen. released mid 95 until late 95/early 96.ive also seen this style with open grip tubes welded on as opposed to bolted on.

3rd gen. first of the small gussets. had an allen bolt going strait down to hold the grip tubes. around spring 96 released.

4th gen. same as 3rd gen but with welded on and open end grip tubes. released late spring/early summer 96 till late summer 96

5th gen. basically same as 4th gen but grip tubes stepped down,not tapered. first of the capped ends with hb logo. released summer 96 sometime,were replaced pretty quickly by the tapered ones.

6th gen. same as 5th gen but with tapered grip tubes,last of the small gussets. released early fall 96 till early(springtime) 97.

7th gen. same as 6th gen.still with tapered grip tubes but now with the bigger gussets. released spring 97 till mid summer 97.

8th gen. the same with the big gussets but now all love handles have 1 inch grip tubes. released mid 97 and the design stayed the same for quite some time except for when they changed the decal for the 99 model year.

condor96

Re: hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:54 PM »
nice work condor- didn't know they did so many versions  :shocked: at least i now know the year +mod of mine  :daumenhoch:

thanks. yeah it seems like they changed them like every other day for a few years lol.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59 PM »
nice one condor96  again i never realised so many little changes   great work.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  hoffman love handles-your guide for the many gens

gfxgfx
gfx gfx