gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 08:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  angry and pissed off
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: angry and pissed off  (Read 2434 times)

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
angry and pissed off
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:54 PM »
evening all (before i start my mini rant) deep breath.....i bought from a forum member a little over a month ago a mongoose californian and i have been amassing parts ready to build it up for a christmas pressie for my lad, all was going well up until this evening, part assembled i tried a wheel in the forks to line up brake pad height only to find that the forks are twisted... this is not obvious when a wheel isnt fitted as they are twisted from side on rather than back to front, when the wheel sits in the forks the gap is 2/3rds to the left and a third to the right if you catch my drift rather than straight down the centre with an even amount of gap both sides, im not going to slag the seller off until i have had a response from them ,but the frame set had wheels in it when it was pictured for sale(someone else had the wheels) so they obviouysly knew of the problem (they havent posted since the sale of a load of their parts inc the frame set) any how that doesnt help my fork problem.... i am desperately in need of a pair of good survivor chrome mongoose forks... its xmas eve tomorrow so i think i am pretty much stuffed as far as the goose goes as a pressie ,but  i  would like to get it on the road asap as i have all the parts i need..... sort of!.. is there a master fork straightener on here? or does anyone have a pair of chrome goose forks for sale,, cheers....Lee

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: angry and pissed off
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:59 PM »
check the drop outs are off centre

if they are you will have to space it out with washers??

russ

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:06 PM »
they are definately twisted , with the wheel sat 100% home in the forks, butted right in, the wheel is sat 20 deg off centre,  i turned the forks upside down (off the bike) and straddled a large screwdriver across the fork drop outs and it sat pointing down at one end, i thought the depth may have been different on each drop out but they measure exactly the same....

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 10:16 PM »
contact crusty on here. i sold him a trickstar that had twisted forks (or manufactured wrong) i think he sorted them

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 05:45 AM »
Just a thought, where did your wheels come from, i.e who built them, check the wheel is in Dish (you would need the correct tool for this)
Watch this
http://www.ehow.com/video_2363040_how-dish-bicycle-wheel.html

Its worth a look  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01 AM »
thanks mate, tried the wheel on 2 other sets of forks and its 100%..

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Seems odd, do you have any pics??

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 01:02 PM »
coming up....

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 01:31 PM »
i have a set from a grand prix, survivors without decals, if your near blackpool  come get em  :daumenhoch:

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 02:08 PM »
picture....

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 02:09 PM »
good on the left obviously, the others are bent at the collar as if they have taken a whack from the side...

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 02:13 PM »
angle at the threads, 

snav69

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Fook me , thems bent to fook  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:
No wonder your aint happy  :'(
I would defo be in contact with the seller as regards to those things  :police:

Paul  :coolsmiley:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 02:29 PM »
wow.....they look more bent than jt in flip flops at mk....

have you said anything to the guy you got them from?

Dave
haro, how do you do

moley

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 02:41 PM »
wow.....they look more bent than jt in flip flops at mk....

Nah JT looks quites straight in Flip-Flops!!

He looks far gayer in this pic!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Yep those forks are well bent to the right!!  :(

What did the seller have to say?

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 02:58 PM »
i have contacted the seller ,and he says he was unaware that they were bent even though the bike was built up with wheels fitted, there is no way that you could miss it as you can see, i am not going to drag his name through the dirt as he is a regular poster on here but i feel a little agrieved to say the least, i am lucky in that the mongoose expert frame set i was waiting on turned up today so i can use the forks from that to get littleuns present finished for christmas, only thing is i am a set of forks down now for the other frame, the seller has kindly "offered" me a tenner... and a big thanks to "matskybeat" who has offered to help out...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:07 PM by stfc »

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 03:29 PM »
er a tenner ??

i would assume that a refund and send them back would be the right thing to do tbo

moley

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 03:37 PM »
er a tenner ??

You can see the forks are wonky just by looking at them, let alone building them up!!

If he flogged you the F+F extremely cheaply and you want to keep the Frame then a tenner would be alright (if the forks can be unbent)!!

But he should offer you a full refund as well!!  ???

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 03:46 PM »
the forks can be un bent, but ur gonna need to get ur hands on some oxy acetylene gear, need to vice the forks straight down ( vertically ) with vice gaurds, and so the drop out ends sit flush on the bottom of the vice. also a 3/4 inch piece of solid bar and a large engineering square. heat the base of the steerer tube to nearly red hot, and then pull the steerer straight using the solid bar inserted in the steerer,  check for straightness using the square, when ur satisfied, leave to cool naturally, dont quench in water as this can make em brittle. sounds a ball ache i know, but every college in the land would do this for you, and maybe for free.

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 06:38 PM »
the forks can be un bent, but ur gonna need to get ur hands on some oxy acetylene gear, need to vice the forks straight down ( vertically ) with vice gaurds, and so the drop out ends sit flush on the bottom of the vice. also a 3/4 inch piece of solid bar and a large engineering square. heat the base of the steerer tube to nearly red hot, and then pull the steerer straight using the solid bar inserted in the steerer,  check for straightness using the square, when ur satisfied, leave to cool naturally, dont quench in water as this can make em brittle. sounds a ball ache i know, but every college in the land would do this for you, and maybe for free.
  i agree mate it is do-able but heating to that extent will atleast "blue" the chrome, so  they will need rechromeing.. i just think a tenner is taking the piss when they **were not **described as being unusable!!   

moley

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Do you want to refund?

If goods aren't as described or there are glaring ommissions like forks are bent to fook and you pay the going rate then Name and Shame them into doing the right thing!!  :daumenhoch:

At least it will make future buyer's take more notice of this sellers warez in the future!!

If its a genuine mistake on the sellers part then why not refund!!  ???

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Lee,

Looking at them forks its going to be a pig of a job to get em sorted...... :(
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 07:13 PM »
like i say mate , i have been offered 10 quid as a "token" as the guy was unaware that the forks were like that as he had bought it previously from someone else on here, the forks are blatantly bent and were not described as such, i wouldnt have bought the frame and fork set if it was advertised correctly, maybe it is the case and he really didnt see that they were bent but i find this hard to see, as the bike was built up and the wheel will not hold correctly in the forks, i have pm,d him again and i am waiting a response.... the frame set wasnt mega money at 75 quid, but in the condition it is minus the forks, its in my eyes not "cheap" there was a cheap repo decal set a ting tong taiwan crank with it and a chain wheel but they went in the bin...

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I think £25 would be a fair refund but then your still left with a Frame and no Forks.

jackel

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 07:17 PM »
lee got a set of akisus or the standing gear copies you can borrow if you come stuck mate :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  angry and pissed off

gfxgfx
gfx gfx