gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 01:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler  (Read 11036 times)

mightymini

Re: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44 AM »
has it been reported to ebay?

snav69

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Very dissapointing this, he's been on and looked at this thread, I saw him last night looking.

He was looking at the thread this morning at 10am too  :police:

:coolsmiley:

munners

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I reckon he will pull the listing. ;)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I reckon he will pull the listing. ;)

he should do Nick , but will he , something s twanging his conscience cause he keeps reading this thread , hope he does

modfather

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 11:27 AM »
unless if someone want to be generous and saved someones hard earned cash from a fake frame someone should risk it by putting in an OTT bid of 2grands or more to "win" the frame and not pay. Just think about it how would you feel bidding on something you think its genuine but its not, i would be totally gutted and upset!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2009, 11:31 AM »
unless if someone want to be generous and saved someones hard earned cash from a fake frame someone should risk it by putting in an OTT bid of 2grands or more to "win" the frame and not pay. Just think about it how would you feel bidding on something you think its genuine but its not, i would be totally gutted and upset!

We are right behind you mate ,,

Bid away , go on  :daumenhoch:

modfather

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »

We are right behind you mate ,,

Bid away , go on  :daumenhoch:

i would do it but am just new to my ebay just bought 12 items  :-[ :-[

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 12:06 PM »

If someone did buy it and then afterwards realised it was a fake and raised a Paypal dispute this is what Paypal would ask of you, I know this because the mrs bought some snide perfume :(

It says it is up to you to prove it is fake and get evidence from an unbiased third party etc. I suppose that could be quite a few people on here  ;)   

Its our aim to work with you to resolve your claim as quickly and easilyas possible. To do so its important that we have all the necessaryinformation. Thats why we ask you to fax us documentation to support yourclaim that the item you received wasnt authentic. 

We suggest that you obtain written proof from an unbiased third-party, suchas a dealer, appraiser, or organisation qualified in the area of the itemin question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as notauthentic. It should be clear from the document how the item you receiveddiffers from an authentic one. It should also give a detailed explanationof how the person evaluating the item determined that its not authentic.Its important that the document is on a letterhead which includes thename, address, and phone number of the business or organisation so we cancontact them if necessary. Where possible also include a serial number

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 01:38 PM »
I spoke to Baz on the phone about this, he is a really nice bloke and had a nice long chat about stuff BITD also. I was going to buy it but the bids were racking up and I felt its only fair that he makes some cash from it for his track day car. I'm sure barry is truthful and honest about how he came to acquire this frame and from the sounds of it, his had this frame for a very, very long time. It has also been rechromedand restored so I'm sure nobody would put money into a real fake one  ???. For more info as I really ain't getting involved, best to let Barry talk about it. I don't honestly think he would go out to deceive anyone. Best he says his part on this and try and resolve this.

Matt  :)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I spoke to Baz on the phone about this, he is a really nice bloke and had a nice long chat about stuff BITD also. I was going to buy it but the bids were racking up and I felt its only fair that he makes some cash from it for his track day car. I'm sure barry is truthful and honest about how he came to acquire this frame and from the sounds of it, his had this frame for a very, very long time. It has also been rechromedand restored so I'm sure nobody would put money into a real fake one  ???. For more info as I really ain't getting involved, best to let Barry talk about it. I don't honestly think he would go out to deceive anyone. Best he says his part on this and try and resolve this.

Matt  :)

well said matt

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 06:16 PM »
Right every body  :wtf: is going on? i ebay an item and i get nothing but shit from a linch mob  :knuppel2:,before anybody gets the true facts.i realy shouldnt have to justify myself but i am going to do so anyway for what its worth,in your eyes probably nothing.I got this frame around 22 years ago as a haro freestyler .Every body is saying that its a fake,prove it i bought it in good faith as a pre prouction mock-up (1 of 7) from an ex torker factory employe thats why it has no serial number because it was not suposed to get into general cerculation (THATS NOT BULL,THATS FACT).it came with no decals,yes i had it rechromed and stickered up that cost me £182 in total alot of money to spend on a copy frame dont you think? So thats it in short but  If you still have a problem with my item or me please dont hide behind your keyboards  phone me on 07527287686 or even come round to my house for a chat as i have nothing to hide.Please note that i was still going to use "RAD" to keep intouch with the nice friendly people that i have met on here but after this sort of treatment by alot of you ,sorry to say its changed my mind for good.Best regards Barry.  P.s Thank you to the guys that have spooken up for me,True old school BMXers stick together. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:21 PM by QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE »

munners

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 06:22 PM »
 :-X Know how you feel.

However...............JAY is a Haro man though Baz, so i am sure he will be happy to know what you have. He wouldnt have started this thread to single you out.

You should put its rarerity in the listing as i reckon you would TREBLE your money if it is what you say.

Glad you stepped forward.

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Cheers nick  :) ,i didnt want to put that in the listing as it just looks like a load of bullsh1t  :(  i just listed it as what it is,short and sweet.

dan-dare

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Remember the NOS TA???

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=77695.msg790389#msg790389

God loves a trier, sorry chancer. ::)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27 PM »
You say it's 'FACT' dude but have you got any evidence to back up your story. I'd be hard pushed to believe you without any documentation etc. to help your cause.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 06:36 PM »
have you got any evidense to say its a so called fake? if not stop accuseing me.Its simple realy if you think its fake DONT BID.And for Dan-Dares comment  about "SORRY CHANCER" :wtf: Are you on about are you saying that the NOS ta was not NOS,Well the rad member that bought it would tell you other wise,again get your facts right before you accuse people of things,this is getting realy sad now.

tosser

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Sorry barry, but the only fact is its a fake. Thats some bs story about pre production, either by yourself or an ex torker guy

tosser

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2009, 06:40 PM »
And surely something so rare deserves a mention in the listing.  That is not a torker/haro in any shape or form.

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2009, 06:43 PM »
How do you know that it realy is a bullsh1t  story have you any evidense? Are you a know it all about bmx ? or are you just guessing like most of the others.?

tosser

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Barry you are doing yourself no favours here. You are totally wrong in your belief that this is some kind of rare haro. The scary thing is some mug may be ripped off by you. People are telling you the truth here, yet your trying to cling onto this rare torker/haro bs. Are you happy to rip someone off, when you now know this is not a haro. If its as rare as you say, why didnt you mention this in the listing, the only time you are mentioning this is when your called out on it. Give people credit where its due, you are in the wrong, not them

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Well i have said my piece so you can bitch off about me behind my back like a load of old washer women till the cows come home i just dont care anymore,the linch  :knuppel2: mob has spoken and what they say  goes.I have had enougth of this thread and this site. :'(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:55 PM by QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE »

username

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Isn't the point that without some sort of proof it's just a "story".

You don't know it's true any more than anyone else knows it's false.

The 1 of 7 smells a lot like bullshit from what I know of those times though...

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2009, 07:00 PM »
might get shot down for saying this but is it such a bull story that this could be a very early one?. i remember the skyway ta with solid dropouts not that long ago that was confirmed by skyway as a early prototype? dont know the 1st thing about gen1's or what to look for but anything is possible.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2009, 07:00 PM »
if not stop accuseing me

Dude, I haven't accused you of anything yet, I simply asked a sensible question! There's more reasons to believe it is fake that evidence to say it is not. Surely it would have had a serial number on it, pre-production run or not. Also, as has already been mentioned, why haven't you put this in the listing? I know if it was mine and I was 100% sure of it's origins I would have it in in big massive red letters!

I don't think it's about whether I want or don't want to bid on it. It's about parting some unsuspecting honest person from their hard earned cash with NO evidence what-so-ever to suggest it is genuine.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

tosser

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 07:07 PM »
might get shot down for saying this but is it such a bull story that this could be a very early one?. i remember the skyway ta with solid dropouts not that long ago that was confirmed by skyway as a early prototype? dont know the 1st thing about gen1's or what to look for but anything is possible.

The frame looks like fake ones, it does not look like  gen 1 haros. the longer seat tube, the way the chainstays meet the bb and the headtube are dead giveaways. Or did the people who made the fakes know something else, and actually make better copys than we ever thought. I think not

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx