gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 04:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  paint stripping
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: paint stripping  (Read 615 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
paint stripping
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:43 PM »
whats the best route to take on this'some one mentioned sand blasting your frame and forks,is this the best method?any help appeciated guys :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: paint stripping
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:48 PM »
it all depends on how you are going to re-finish it, shot blast if you are going to powder coat, but nitro mores if you are going to have chromed or sprayed....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:14 PM »
its going for a chrome so maybe nitro mores is the best direction.fired the same question to those across the pond and someone said about plastic bead blasting????cheers for the help meticus.anyone else????? :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:17 PM »
dont think the polishers at the chromers will be happy if you have it blasted, as it has to be polished from bare steel to a mirror finish if you want a nice chrome job.....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Plastic media is fine for steel but a little harsh for aluminium.
It only removes paint though, not corrosion. If you want rust removal aswell, aluminium oxide media is good.
If you go for blasting, block up the frame holes as you end up with it in the tubes, and you can never get it all out again.

southend_styler

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:14 PM »
If you end up going down the Nitromors route and end up having a lot of hassle with it, it'll probably be because your F+F are powdered (i.e. not sprayed) and powder is a bitch to remove. I suggest using Permatex Gasket Remover instead, for removing powder. You can get it on Ebay.  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 08:39 PM »
blimey sounds alot of greif!!!yes it is powdered so the latter sounds like it may be the best direction?anyone want to do it for me???!!!!!!! :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 10:39 PM »
remember the gloves and mask when using Permatex Gasket Remover -this stuff can be lethal :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 10:16 AM »
remember the gloves and mask when using Permatex Gasket Remover -this stuff can be lethal :daumenhoch:
good advice,i remember having a bad experience with mr muscle once in a confined space,couldnt swallow for a week!!!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

lazyboy

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 11:41 AM »
good advice,i remember having a bad experience with mr muscle once in a confined space,couldnt swallow for a week!!!!
Mr Muscle,,,,,Must have being a big one .couldnt swallow for a week :LolLolLolLol:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Mr Muscle,,,,,Must have being a big one .couldnt swallow for a week :LolLolLolLol:
i knew someone would write that!!!! i thought it sounded wrong after id written it!!! :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  paint stripping

gfxgfx
gfx gfx