gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 08:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  smallest vert ramp
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: smallest vert ramp  (Read 1371 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
smallest vert ramp
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:12 PM »
me and my mate were on our way back from gosport bmx track as it had started to rain and we spotted a small skatepark in a field, so we went and took a look and this is what we found

6ft high vert ramp :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

we plan to go back sometime soon and see if it rides as bad as it looks :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

condor96

Re: smallest vert ramp
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:08 PM »
id ride it

Broggie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:13 PM »
it'd be ok for a beginner, with three exceptions...all those dips in the floor, plus being made of metal the slightest hint of moisture and it'll be faceplant time and finally...it's a bit (well actually a lot) pants.

Ray.

spesh

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:05 PM »
i have ridden it and its awful i also rode on that jump box thing they have there.......sh1te!!!
wasted 5mins that il never get back

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:14 PM »
lol spesh did you check out the tiny qtr that has the coping stuck to the top of the platform, i took one look at the jump box and laughed, we didnt even get the bikes out of the car as the skatepark was so bad :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

spesh

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:54 PM »
lol spesh did you check out the tiny qtr that has the coping stuck to the top of the platform, i took one look at the jump box and laughed, we didnt even get the bikes out of the car as the skatepark was so bad :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

yes mate i did
thing is it didnt look that small from the road :LolLolLolLol:

my fave is still denmead skatepark :daumenhoch:
but im gonna have a look at the one on hayling seafront when my hand is fixed.you ridden it?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:06 PM »
denmead mini is good, could do with a bigger platform for 540 tyre taps etc but otherwise its good, the street course next to it is not worth a w**k though

going to check out the hayling one soon as ive heard it has a mellow but wideish spine and i want to learn 360's over one as the last few times ive tried them over southsea's mini ramp spine ive ethier landed flat bottom or hooked up, so hopefully hayling's spine will help me get them dialled

are there anymore parks around that are a decent size? all i can find are council ones with crap/small ramps, a trip to chandlers ford is due soon
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:08 PM by kev s »

subversion

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:13 PM »
If that had a skin of ply on it, it would be fun! :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:44 PM »
denmead mini is good, could do with a bigger platform for 540 tyre taps etc but otherwise its good, the street course next to it is not worth a w**k though

going to check out the hayling one soon as ive heard it has a mellow but wideish spine and i want to learn 360's over one as the last few times ive tried them over southsea's mini ramp spine ive ethier landed flat bottom or hooked up, so hopefully hayling's spine will help me get them dialled

are there anymore parks around that are a decent size? all i can find are council ones with crap/small ramps, a trip to chandlers ford is due soon

the only other one i know of is in bitterne... sholing road

electobooty

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 10:47 PM »
thats not bitterne, it`s right in southampton  city centre just round the corner from me ;)

spesh

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 11:07 PM »
thats not bitterne, it`s right in southampton  city centre just round the corner from me ;)

never been there so whats the one im thinking of in sholing rd?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 05:30 AM »
i know of the one in southampton city centre, it looks very good but unfortunatly everytime ive gone there its started to rain before i get a chance to ride it

Steve Shindig

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 08:15 PM »
AHAHA, when I saw the title of this thread, I was going to reply with info about this exact ramp in Gosport for a laugh,  but then the thread turned out to be about the same ramp.

This thing is mental... Southsea shredder Ricky Tribble can get 5ft turndown airs on it.  It's wild to ride, deffo make a trip.  Disasters / tyre taps feel amazing.

There's also a replica in one in one of the military towns in Wiltshire but I've not been there yet.  Sometimes shit stuff is good eh? 

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 02:39 AM »
id ride it

Quite.  If that was on the street, say a nice curvy bit of granite sculpture on a swanky new building society headquarters, it would be uber, sessioned hard and feature in loads of vids.  Hit it, get it ridden and shruupp.

Transition - rideable = win.  Pfft! 

part time

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 07:55 AM »
Theres an equally small one in Mevagissey in Cornwall too.  Never ridden it though....

dikk1970

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 08:22 AM »
If that had a skin of ply on it, it would be fun! :daumenhoch:
i agree mate,would be fine to ride

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 11:11 PM »
kev whats the address of the denmead park?

also let me know how you got on at hayling island, i've been planning a rip to check it out!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 05:36 AM »
hi rich

will be going to hayling within the next couple of weeks if the weather is ok so will let you know what its like

not sure on the address of the denmead skatepark, my mate normally directs me the way en route, im sure if you google it you will find it :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 05:10 PM »
funny thing is we all rode ramps like bitd
no1stuntmaster on instagram

electobooty

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 12:07 AM »

never been there so whats the one im thinking of in sholing rd?

don`t know of one in sholing road :-\
but i don`t get out that way often

electobooty

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 08:50 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

cheers mate, will have a look see

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  smallest vert ramp

gfxgfx
gfx gfx