gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 12:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Z rim resto help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Z rim resto help  (Read 1021 times)

moanjam

Z rim resto help
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:51 PM »
just got a set of Z rims in yellow they are 1980 don't look like they've been riden but one has some canny scratches of spokes where its been built up , any advice on removal of said scratches ? is sanding and a bit wd40 like skyways alright ? cheers lads  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:19 PM by moanjam »

neiljonarcus

Re: Z rim resto help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43 PM »
ditchas    i hate owt like this        ...... well they are nylon sort of so sanding is possible  :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:08 PM »
if you look closely were the z-rims are originally removed after they have been made, (normally white lines about an inch long in centre of rim in 3 or four places) there tends to be slight file marks suggesting that they with stand sanding/ light filing etc..

I cleaned mine with wet and dry... to remove brake rub etc and it worked fine, depends on how deep the scratch are because eventually you will begin to change the profile shape of the rim.

somebody said, use a thick car polish the stuff that is coloured, similar to the rim colour to fill light scratches in the same way it does in cars paint work that has been marked. Never went that far myself....

yellow z rims, sounds cool!  :daumenhoch:

moanjam

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:17 PM »
cheers boys just wanted to make sure before i rip into them   :D LOLTM
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:19 PM by moanjam »

neiljonarcus

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:27 PM »
doesn,t  mattter  any  way  no  one  will see  them  probs  go  on  another  house  bitch  stuck  in  some  room  never  to  see  a  bmx  track  or  path  or  even  sheilds  sea  front    " poor  bike  "  :LolLolLolLol:    :LolLolLolLol:    :LolLolLolLol:    :LolLolLolLol:

moanjam

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: am ganna build a track in me conservatory man hehe , lookin for some used rubber then i might make a journey oot side  :D LOLTM

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Z rim resto help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx