gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 06:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  harry leary turbo gen 1 DONE just a tease tho
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: harry leary turbo gen 1 DONE just a tease tho  (Read 9493 times)

snav69

Re: harry leary turbo gen 1 DONE just a tease tho
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 06:34 PM »
the  next  thing  i  build   will be   ..............................................................................  erm   i  just  dont  know  . but  even  if  i  hate  it  i  will keep  it  for  ever  or  give  it  away  . just  to  keep  the  little  girls  blouses  happy 

:-*
1 thing i aint is little  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Did it sell or are you keeping it?  :4_17_5:

I get dizzy watching your ebay auctions  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 11:30 PM »
my sisters friends next door neighbours cousin told me £1500  ???

neiljonarcus

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 07:14 AM »
it  has  sold  yes   :-X

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 08:25 AM »
Can't believe this has sold already!  :shocked:

Still that's your choice bud. Even if I wasn't the one to source the parts, just the time alone to get this together by Phil was huge and its a shame to see it go so quick, for me, I would have kept it regardless as it looked stunning. Just hope whoever bought it realises how much effort has gone into it.

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 03:01 PM »
I understand what snav is saying and i suppose there is no way of asking it without it coming across as an insult. You did a cracking job on that neil i just think it's a bit of a pitty.
I haven't looked into the full rules of botm and boty but in my opinion to enter you would have to own the bike and have completed it yourself.  That would really count this out because when the voting goes in the bike belongs to someone else.
This would have got my vote for both comps and putting your finished build in there and the positives the guys give back is part of the love of bringing oldschool bmx back to life.
I personally don't feel i could vote for it now. I know it's probably no big deal to you neil and i don't mean any disrespect i just feel it's a bit of a shame that's all 8)
All this said i do enjoy seeing what you get up to and no doubt you do give everyone something to talk about ;) ;D :daumenhoch:

tigerbrown

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43 PM »
neil just gets a buzz out of building bikes and once they are finished he cant just sit there looking at them...

he needs to be building/sourcing and looking for something to do!!! took me a while to get me head round it aswel...

ive become good friends with him just through little boys bikes at the end of the day and i can tell you its not just about money..

i can honestly say everytime ive been round his house he's got his sleeves rolled up polishing , de-anodising or on the pc searching the web...

he lives, breathes and sleeps os bmx... which he knows he shouldnt but cant help it

may sound like am licking his hoop but its the truth

the "rupe" tribute means more to him than the "leary" which is mad but its coz he built it from scratch... a labour of love so to speak :smitten: :smitten:

i can also see snav's point by the way... its the way it looks

lets just see whats next eh :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Neil's point is he can do what ever he likes, if he builds and then sells to build thats up to him. The challenge is to build more than to keep and in a way thats what i like to do. We all have our reasons for doing this pretty expensive hobbie  none more right than the other. To have a personal attack on someone cos they sell and build is just stupid but that is how this site gets sometimes, just roll with the ride is my deal.

Peace all  :)

tigerbrown

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Neil's point is he can do what ever he likes, if he builds and then sells to build thats up to him. The challenge is to build more than to keep and in a way thats what i like to do. We all have our reasons for doing this pretty expensive hobbie  none more right than the other. To have a personal attack on someone cos they sell and build is just stupid but that is how this site gets sometimes, just roll with the ride is my deal.

Peace all  :)

well said :daumenhoch:

peace and goodwill to all radsters is my moto :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

moanjam

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42 PM »
LOVE OWT LIKE THIS ME  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Yeah , i have to say i am still glad he did it regardless ;)

neiljonarcus

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 09:25 PM »
well i am  going  to  say  sorry  to  snav  for  calling  him a  arsehole  . but  the  way  i  look at  it  i am  40yrs  old  playing  with  childrens  toys   " sort of  "  and  if  i am  not  hurting  any  one  or  ripping  them  off  . let  me  just  get  on  with  things  .    I  DO  LOVE  BUILDING  BIKES  ITS  MY  HOBBIE .  the   best  thing  i  have  ever  seen  is  when  you  sell a bike  and  the  person  walks  thru  the  door  . the  look  on  his  face  is  worth   £10,000  to  me  now  if  this  is  wrong  so  be  it  but  i  will never  stop  building  and  selling  what  i  have  built  .  good  job  snav  wasnt around  when  henry  ford  made  the  model  t    :LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol:                              SNAV  SORRY  FOR  CALLING  YOU  A  ARSEHOLE  MATE 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:40 PM by n2cus »

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2009, 12:38 PM »
so who got this then ??????? :'( :'( my fooking internet has been down for 6 fooking days so i couldnt reply  :tickedoff:

neiljonarcus

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2009, 02:12 PM »
jimmy sorry  i  wish  i  could  have  got  in touch  some  one  off  ebay  got  it  mate   and  i  have  lost  your  number  so  sorry  mate 

munners

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2009, 02:48 PM »
win win situation.

phil got what he wanted for it..neil built it and earnt out of it and the buyer got what he wanted at a price that he was willing to pay.

whats the problem?

neiljonarcus

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 03:16 PM »
 M U N N E R S      because  of  the  way  you  have  put  it  mate  i  dont  feel  as  bad  . it  had  my  head  done  in a  bit  but  well put  mate   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  harry leary turbo gen 1 DONE just a tease tho

gfxgfx
gfx gfx