gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 03:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: unknown bikes  (Read 15138 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: unknown bikes
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 05:42 PM »
im not shutting this thread  ,its bmx it involves us all
if it gets to be just a hate thread on dibly then i might re think it but as a discussion  go ahead
darren is big enough to answer you if he wants to   :daumenhoch:

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13 PM »
im not shutting this thread  ,its bmx it involves us all
if it gets to be just a hate thread on dibly then i might re think it but as a discussion  go ahead
darren is big enough to answer you if he wants to   :daumenhoch:
good man  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13 PM »
well most of always knew he had money backing from another firm but the design etc etc was all his yes they have had problems in quite a big way but from what i understand the warranty is getting sorted on em all .dibly has done his best and had good go at summat wed all love to try so good on him.shame it hasnt worked out but the odds were against him really fighting against top end well established brands and starting from nowt is hard .
he tried and failed in a way but hey weve all tried summat and its gone wrong .

my view is too light weight and quality control is gonna be problems straight away .but dibly was trying to be in front of the pack and beat rest to the lightest and strongest frame with good geo as well .this has backfired and everyone now slags him yes it went tits up in a way but if no one tried new things we would still be riding mongoose motomags and thinking a kick turn was waaaaaaaaaay cool

lodge

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40 PM »
thinking a kick turn was waaaaaaaaaay cool

Easy now, many on here still do  :2funny:

JT71

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42 PM »

it's on my list of tricks I want to learn.  :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 07:46 PM »

it's on my list of tricks I want to learn.  :daumenhoch:
Anything this man did on a bmx was way cool .

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 10:08 PM »
well this seems to be quite an interesting thread!

i've been sitting on this for a few days now not wanting to be the one to kick the thread off as many are aware myself and unknown bikes don't really see eye to eye. as to why dibly was fired bares no interest to me, my concern is for people with (more than likely) forth coming warranty issues. i've spoken to many people in the last few days including team riders, people in the industry and people that have some warranty issues, the riders can't seem to get through to anyone anymore, the trades people i've spoken to (and trust) have said they've phoned up avocet sports and recreation to find out what is going on, as one is awaiting some warranty stuff to be told, 'unknown bikes is no longer in business and avocet sports will not be honouring any warranty as all the technical specs for the frames were held by dibly', as stodgy has said! so it looks like tough shit when your front end goes ping.

i think avocet have no interest in persuing unknown bikes as a financially viable product to promote, they deal in mass produced cycles and have no interest in developing technology to be at the forfront of the industry (not that unknown were anyway) if you feel you've been cheated, your probably right. if you feel you've been lied to, your definately right. if you feel you've been shot down in flames for showing concern for the masses, you're right to do so. if you stand by your 'friend' because you think he's a top bloke, good on you, take everybody on your personal experiences, thats what i say. sadly i can't do this so i feel nothing for this company or its former owner! another mans become redundant, just joining 3 million others. and a company has come to an end, just as many others have, at least once these frames are dead no-one else can get hurt by them.

so before anyone wants to jump on me saying i'm wollowing in someone else's demise, i openly admit right here, i do have a certain sense of satisfaction for this overall result, people who claim to own something like this should really know what they are talking about before playing with the fire, else you get burnt!

my only advice for dibly and which may define the kind of man he is, is to get on the phone and thank your riders for showing support, half the 'team' don't seem to know anything and would like some correspondance from someone as to what the situation actually is

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33 PM »
where is the man? that is the question? as jeremy kyle says :' thers always two sides to a story'  >:D >:D

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34 PM »
p.s. .................. yes i am out of work :laugh:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Well I like my UKnown frame and forks and I like Dibbly too so stick that in your pipe and smoke it  :yahoo_silent:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dan-dare

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 10:39 PM »
Good call. :daumenhoch:

Fashionrider

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 11:11 PM »
My Name Is Kane Hennessy

And rumours of a certain bike company have brought me back to this website.

As most of you know i had some involvement in the creation of this company, as well as the products, team etc

Unknown bike co going under?

alot of my friends were on the team, there now sponsorless, probably all very dissapointed.

Mark Webb, a rolemodel, a friend, a hero of mine.. Arguably the best rider in the country, sponsorless!

I know he was very happy to be apart of ukbikeco and i was happy for him, i understood he had a signature frame by them and i was stoked for him! he deserves it.

Dibly was under a lot of pressure by Avocet, lied to by the suppliers of the products, they fooked up some of the prototypes and i understand they messed up a batch of production frames too.. This no doubt prompted diblys trip to Taiwan, contributed towards the poor reputation of the company and led to the end of Unknown bike co.

No one deserves to be jobless, especially at this point in life with the whole credit crunch bullshit going on. I wish Dibly the best in finding employment.

As for the company being owned by Avocet sports? as much as it pains me to stick up for the company The ONLY thing owned by Avocet sports was the money to run the company, the car dibly drove in and the office he worked out of.

i love the mash potato from my work, its to die for!! I know its probably just that "SMASH" bullshit. If i was told its "SMASH" i probably wouldnt eat it.. but nobody tells me where it comes from.. all i know is that its good shit!!  The canteen doesnt lie to me. Just doesnt tell me things i dont need to know.

Did you know some chinese chick funds T1??? you didnt think Joe Rich and Taj just pulled a bike company out there ass did you?? T1 dont stamp "A CHINESE CHICK PAID FOR THIS FRAME" all over it. just because its not common knowledge doesnt mean joe and taj lied to you...

A NOTE TO ALL

Reading through the pages of the thread made me smile, and constantly remind me of the reason i dont visit bmx forum sites anymore

you all seem so stressed out with rumours, truths, lies and banter.

Dont let all this shit consume you. Get on your bike, go outside and pop wheelies round the block!

Riding BMX is wayyyy more fun than talking about it!

Sorry none of this probably made sence! been eating in between haha hope all the guys on here im sound with are all doing ok! miss you all

dan-dare

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 11:23 PM »
you all seem so stressed out with rumours, truths, lies and banter.

Dont let all this shit consume you. Get on your bike, go outside and pop wheelies round the block!

Riding BMX is wayyyy more fun than talking about it!

Fundamental point. :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2009, 11:26 PM »
i only come on here to rest from riding  :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Well said Kane, I know that if Dibly puts another company together then I`d back that too  :daumenhoch:

All company`s need to look for financial backing from somewhere, if it`s the money that owns the company then 99% of them are owned by banks, get your head out of your asses if you think otherwise, Dibly was the guy with the ideas and bollocks to start a company, and as usual the haters just want to see someone whose trying to make a success fall flat on his face, well he`ll get my backing all day long  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:35 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Fashionrider

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2009, 11:30 PM »
i only come on here to rest from riding  :)

Jedi i miss you, come give kaney a cuddle.

jedi

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31 PM »
i cuddled you at corby and you left me.

used me he did  :)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2009, 11:33 PM »
yo kane how you doing :daumenhoch:

ps... i love smash, grew up on that shit ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34 PM »
erm. Kane me old mate. Joe and taj did pull a company out their ass. Thats why the first batch was of only about 50 frames and about only 10 came to the uk. The company was sold to the chinese chick so that joe could draw a proper wage from it and taj has gone his own way.

Fashionrider

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 11:35 PM »

you wouldnt pay £1.50 a portion from your overpriced canteen though would you ;) haha

im good matey! how are you? missing my dancing i suppose? ;)

Fashionrider

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 11:35 PM »
erm. Kane me old mate. Joe and taj did pull a company out their ass. Thats why the first batch was of only about 50 frames and about only 10 came to the uk. The company was sold to the chinese chick so that joe could draw a proper wage from it and taj has gone his own way.

Phil your such a party pooper

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42 PM »

you wouldnt pay £1.50 a portion from your overpriced canteen though would you ;) haha

im good matey! how are you? missing my dancing i suppose? ;)

yeah i'm good mate, what you doing friday, got a big ole mob going to horsham and southwater,

the bruzer bros and the basingstoke massive, my billy, some scottish loon from unit 23

and loads of others :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26 AM »
yeah man x3

there's always me wallowing in the sadness of the situation i cause myself and wanting
everyone else to feel empty like me and have nothing better to do with my time than infest those who enjoy the sport with negativity.......oops, the truth is out.

:LolLolLolLol:  FFS!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:35 AM by OrgasmDonor »

username

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 02:34 AM »
UK Bike Co is financed and owned by Avocet (i.e. Coyote, etc).

Darren instead owns the intellectual property - i.e. the rights to the frame designs and to market the heat-treating process in UK and Europe.

Darren is no longer at UK Bike Co, but the latest batch of revised Evolutions, Revolutions, bars and forks are on their way over as I write this. So the company is still continuing and still honoring any warranty issues.

How can Avocet continue selling ukbikeco stuff if Darren owns these intellectual property rights?

JT71

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 06:30 AM »
yeah man x3

there's always me wallowing in the sadness of the situation i cause myself and wanting
everyone else to feel empty like me and have nothing better to do with my time than infest those who enjoy the sport with negativity.......oops, the truth is out.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

not trying to infest the sport with negativity but Dibly essentially called myself and Phil liars and I didn't see any of you saying "hang on Dibly, Joe & Phil are sounds guys, what are you saying?", and yes I do bear a grudge, so it's only fair that when he get's found out I get to call him a liar. Which he is.

Eye for an eye and all that. But still I love it that you all want to twist it so Avocet and the Taiwanese suppliers are the bad guys in this and that well known rider who owned the company
is just an innocent victim.

FACT: he claimed it was a rider owned company and that's bollocks he worked for Avocet and got paid by them. If he didn't he couldn't have been fired.
He also kept insisting that only 3 frames ever got returned instead of coming straight out and saying "the first batch is flawed, expect to hear a lot of frames are damaged, but don't worry we're sorting it out."

I'm sure if he can get the funds to start up with his designs, which I'm guessing is the legal complication, adds half a pound in tube thickness and rebrands he'll no doubt be back with a slightly heavier but much stronger frame and I honestly wish him luck in that, he should be applauded for trying, but be honest.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx