gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  why s&m are the best bmx company out there
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: why s&m are the best bmx company out there  (Read 651 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
why s&m are the best bmx company out there
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:45 PM »
read this

http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog?post=4039034

my  fave 2 parts

Are there any requests you can't handle? What's been your weirdest request?
We have a fixture to make pretty much any kind of frame. But if it requires some wacky tubing that we don't have then we can't make it. Our weirdest request was probably making pro rider bikes that look like other manufacturer's frames, but with our tubing and dimensions. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

and

In an ever-growing market of cookie-cutter frame designs, what type of rider do you feel custom frames appeal to?
Older riders that know exactly what kind of frame they want. Someone that has ridden many different frames and wants something unique. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

this is why i love s&m :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:47 PM by kev s »

dan-dare

Re: why s&m are the best bmx company out there
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:49 PM »
probably making pro rider bikes that look like other manufacturer's frames, but with our tubing and dimensions.

:2funny:

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Nice article.  S&M probably have the set-up that most other bike companies can only dream about.

Not sure what the writer is on about with "In an ever-growing market of cookie-cutter frame designs" though.  None of the companies who are competing at the same level as S&M sell cookie cutter/catalogue frames, even if they are produced overseas.

bmxbert

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02 PM »
i like s&m stuff as much as the next guy but i think they are pumping out to many gimmic frames

who the hell wants a pewter badge pot rivited to thier head tube. (wan*ers thats who) lol

subversion

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:24 PM »
Have to say I think their new RB CW & TC team frames look pretty much like everybody else's frames. Certainly looks as though they are slipping into the 'generic gene pool'....?

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54 PM »
who the hell wants a pewter badge pot rivited to thier head tube. (wan*ers thats who) lol

??? ::)

(OK, I didnt use rivits, I used a zip tie  ;))

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:59 PM by S&MAlex »

bmxbert

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 11:35 PM »

LMFAO.............like the bling alex. i was thinking bout getting a gold one made to wear round my neck.

maybe i just have saturday night fever....... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  why s&m are the best bmx company out there

gfxgfx
gfx gfx