gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 10:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool uk track map...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Skool uk track map...  (Read 134988 times)

oldskoolcool

Re: Old Skool uk track map...
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Thanks westy.
That one works great.
Here's to spending hours driving around trying to find them all!!!  ;D

oldskoolcool  :daumenhoch:

Bones619

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:49 PM by Bones619 »

BathJan

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Not much left of this one in Bath:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=211226308045159126251.000465f5799bfd152d4c7&ll=51.364158,-2.373535&spn=0.002542,0.005735&z=18

That's weird  :-\ Don't know when that satellite pic was taken but Bath track's ace now - was done up at least three years ago. Was there just this morning. There's a website too with oldskool pics www.bathbmx.com:)

russ j

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Leeds

East End Park LS9,

http://maps.google.co.uk/'ll=53.792012,-1.509174&spn=0.000745,0.002642&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6

Well over grown know.I used to go there all the time in the early 80's.I went down there a few years back and believe it or not the original start gate is still there  :shocked: 8) ,

8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:40 PM by russ j »

oldskoolcool

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45 PM »
See link Re: hidden gems!

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=132828.0

oldskoolcool

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2011, 07:12 PM »
The Slough track was great! The 1986 world champs was held there.

I thought it had been dug over, but it looks like it is still there.

Also wonder what that little track is next to it - deffo looks like a BMX track - but how many corners?
Slough track still there but all grown over and the small track is for Rc cars.. Remember watching the 86 world champs :)
Griff loves BUM..

oldskoolcool

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Has anyone noticed that the marker for Herlingshaw, Middlesbrough appears to be in the wrong place? :shocked:

oldskoolcool  :daumenhoch:

Mandale park

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Not to sure how to pin point places on your man, Heywood Roach Valley Raiders track is here 53.599534, -2.210612 and the old Mandale park track in Rochdale is here 53.599534, -2.210612

I am currently working on a restoration project for this track as it is very run down, any info on it from back in the day will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Oneds

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Anyone know this one?

51.286937,-0.871489

I see it on the train going to and from London, it looks pretty run down not sure how old it actually is, there looks to be some kind of dirt racing track on the other side of the train tracks but I can't say I've seen that either. It's between Fleet & Winchfield in Hampshire.

oldskoolcool

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13 PM »
All the best for 2012 guys  ;)

As i managed to wangle 2 weeks off work for Christmas i thought id take the opportunity to go out for a couple of cross country rides. I had planned on spending most of my time at summerhill track but the few times i did manage to get there it was bloody freezing or the track was froze lol!
Anyway, id visited the old track at Saltburn and thought id take a ride over there again. Its quite a trek as i live in middlesbrough but never the less it was a fun day out. My mate came along to keep me company (and because i promised him fish and chips from Redcar on the way!).
It was quite a bright day so i took a few pics while we were there. I had hoped to have a blast round it as its survived rather well. However, it was a little damp and muddy when we arrived so i chose not too for the sake of the track!

The Start:

View fom the start:

View to the left of the start:

And the un mistakable print of a Comp III tyre in the start! Someone obviously very eager to race before the concrete dried!!

I'm not too sure who owns the land. There appears to be a public right of way along the outside of the track and there are some large gates, presumeably used to access the track / field at some point. These are chained up but the lock appears quite recent? The track is in pretty good shape and wouldnt take much to restore. Most of the tyres are still present and the grasing horses seem to have kept the growth down to a minimum  :)

oldskoolcool  ;)

elevensies

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 01:13 PM »
what about Thorne track nr Doncaster

and Grimsby Peaks Lane  the  YMCA track

Mr GHPEE

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58 PM »
You don't have Tamworth on there. I believe it was where the Snowdome is now.

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53 PM »
We used to call this the Wreck was a great lil track in Walthamstow. no sign of it now :(

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.597741,-0.037557&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.850108,43.286133&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=16
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Mr GHPEE

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Noticed another one missing Norton Canes, the address is Brownhills Road
Norton Canes
England
WS8 7
United Kingdom

You can't miss it, it was in the middle of a dog track.

Mandale park

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53 AM »
The more places to ride the better right?

Please Vote and share with all your like-minded frineds (you can vote once per week so please keep voting)

http://www.transformyourpatch.com/vote/details/mandale-park-bmx

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I've been meaning to visit a couple of places on the map for a while now and finally got around to it today.

Eastleigh track near Southampton, is grass and overgrown with brambles etc. it's a common area for dog walking with a war memorial but you can still see the starting slope and one old rusty bracket for the start gate still in the ground. You can also make out where the berms and jumps were but it is not a well worn track as shown in google maps anymore.

Even more disappointingly, the Lordshill track again near Southampton is a construction site. The new Oasis Academy Lordshill building is on the exact spot of the old track, which quite clearly looked in pretty good nick on google maps. I think I was at least a year too late.

Never mind eh?

Hellcat

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Three Sister (Aston near Wigan) was such an ace track. Used to ride there nearly every Saturday morning as a kid in the late 80's, only raced a few times, cos I honestly wasn't very good, & had a Red heavy metal Burner at the time which wasn't very fast. Could jump the whoops tho, which were quite serious, until one time I came up short and face planted hard. :buck2:

Such a shame it got demolished, just a half a*sed attempt at some kind of nature bog / wetlands in it's place. :'(

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Even more disappointingly, the Lordshill track again near Southampton is a construction site. The new Oasis Academy Lordshill building is on the exact spot of the old track, which quite clearly looked in pretty good nick on google maps. I think I was at least a year too late.

Just here Keith

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=86888.0

I ain't got a clue where the Eastleigh track was though.  :-\
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Thanks for that Andy, looks like I didn't miss much at Lordshill but at least it would have been rideable.

I found the site of the Eastleigh track just up from the Concord Club, turn left at the first roundabout onto the road that leads to Chandlers Ford and it's opposite where the Cricketers Arms pub is, there's a car park and council maintenance building and then the public park/common area where the track used to be.

Here is my Anni Team Aero Pro on the old start, you can just see a rusty old gate bracket (I think) still in the ground, bottom right.

View from the start.

One of the old berms (I think)

One of the old Whoops (I think)

Start slope from the side.

It was so quiet up there, I felt all sort of nostalgic and melancholy  :-* Then I rode through some doggy do, and that bought me back to reality  ;D

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 08:45 AM »
I ain't got a clue where the Eastleigh track was though.  :-\

I added it to the Google map a while ago, it is on there (Chestnut Ave).

Nice to see some pics - it was a basic track but it was all good from the days when we had 3-4 tracks of varying standards in Southampton area and plenty other tracks within a short drive :)

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55 AM »
My kissy kissy emoticon above  :-* was supposed to be the crying one too  :'(  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool uk track map...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx