gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 10:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  haro freestyler frames
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro freestyler frames  (Read 9618 times)

motomagII

haro freestyler frames
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:21 PM »
come on then fill me in i wasnt one but dont know which what etc any info gladly read.pics are good too .
whjats the difference in 84 85 onwards etc and what size difference to master and sport etc .dont want much do i . :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: haro freestyler frames
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Calling Moose and Jay47, Moose and Jay47 to the topic please...

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 09:33 PM »
we have the experts on these do we orb ???whats zippys like for year and model its in the museum on old rad its a nice colour

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 10:02 PM »
OLD

10 years later...

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 10:42 PM »
www.oldharo.com  fill ya boots with Haro's ;D

Bren Gunn

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Few more pics for your infomation...

Cheers, Bren :)

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 11:05 PM »
I'll start with the original freestyler but these are pre 84.not that rare but can be expencive

Next was the master , the first gen had the coaster tab on the bottom of the non tapered chainstays / 3 stripe decals ,these are very rare.
then the torker master with its thin tapered chainstays and coaster tab on the top but looked the same as the 1st gen with the 3 stripes and still hard to find.

Next the 84-85 taiwan master .coaster tab on top /tapered chainstays/ 3 stripes/chevrons stamped in the gusset. still hard to find.

All of these came in chrome and white.
The 85 models have the L shaped dropouts and 2 stripes ,easy to find and go for £150 mark NOS ,you can get mostly green , white , chrome, but there is some rare colours,pink orange ,but these are rare....
The sports started out with the non tapered chainstays/coaster tab on bottom/3 stripes,VERY VERY RARE.

then came the Tiawan models 84-85 with tapered chainstays and the chevrons stamped inthe gusset and coster tab on the top ,the ealier had M dominguez on the chainstays but the same frames then carried bob haro on the chainstays which a few people have , Moose has one in the museum,there is alot in this country as shiners sold them a few years ago but still pretty hard to find.
then came the taiwan sport in 85 with the L shaped dropouts ,easy to get again as the masters .
Do i need to do the FST and the prototypes?I hope not ,the haros had so many differences in just a few years.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Jay, did you ever figure out what that FST was that I swapped with G?

tapered, non stamped gusset and no numbers?

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 11:14 PM »
 I forgot, Size wise, the sport is 1" longer than the master .

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Orb ,nobody seems to know what decals it should have had as it was one of those strange frames between models and no pics, but it has the same chainstays as a torker master so i went for these decals , which have been changed again since this pic was taken of it last. again a rare and strange Haro.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 11:27 PM »
That must be a bit mega rare, for it to be NOS.

If you want to research it a bit more, ask Darren (with the MRD Pro)

I got it from him.

ORB

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Cheers Orb , I,ll try and contact him. A few people have them in the states but all have been repainted or never had any decals on and the one in the ad has no gusset but most haro ads have weird frames on in 84 so they are a bit of a mystery.

Offline graeme

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 11:55 PM »
i still think that  fst is usa made,  no chevrons in gusset, and the usa style tubing make me think this
graeme

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Just a word of warning ,beware of replicas of the early haros as they are out there,after 85 the haros are pretty much unmistakable ,like moose says just check out the oldharo site for the later haros. The other thing is that the FST looks like a sport but again is a 1" shorter ,the way to tell apart from the decals is that the sports had machined BB and headtube and the FST didn't.Hope this helps you.

aditup

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 09:23 AM »
My FST is USA made, the chevrons on one side are visible, like normal, but on the other side, they are really faint, like the gusset wasn't sat sqaure in the machine when it was stamped. It IS there though, but you can only see one side now it is plastic coated. I think mine is a 1986, Jay?, can you remember? It is the one I got the forks off you for, though they are not strictly correct, as it should have had the straight, as opposed to the tappered, I think :-\ Ad.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Adam mate yours is taiwan made ,the frames with the chevrons confirms this.It should have the year in the serial number.The red 85 fst had no peg holes on the forks but later,86 models did,Did you find out what year yours was? 85/86frames looked the same.This is the pic of the 86 model.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I love mine, and if it does go I'll feel a real sense of loss. It was the bike that I always wanted when I was younger, and it's what started me up again. So I guess it has a double sentment to me really.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 12:29 AM »
Zippy ,love how youv'e built that, nice job :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Keep it.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 02:01 PM »
nice build zippy, youl miss it when its gone.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Thanks guys. I do love it. I'm still not 100% sure I'll sell it though.
It is advertised on the for sale pages but I may pull it depends if I get any offers or not.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  haro freestyler frames

gfxgfx
gfx gfx