gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 02:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bikes wanted for a photo shoot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bikes wanted for a photo shoot  (Read 2338 times)

level

Bikes wanted for a photo shoot
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Hey all, Really need a little help here!

We're looking for a few bikes to be used our photo shoot,  we have a budget of around 250-350 per bike, they need to be clean and useable. And for the love of me I can find Frame and forks but hardly any complete bikes!

If you or anyone you know is selling there bike, please please let me know, PM or email. we are willing to pay postage too.

Our deadline is very close.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

muttley

Re: Bikes wanted for a photo shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Old school, mid school, new school, to old for school? What ya want?????

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:23 PM »
i've got some crackers you can rent for £300 a time...

pm me for more details..

in fact, you can probably hire all ten, and i'll do you a bit of discount....subject to a large deposit ;D

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Hi level:

What do you require and for what use?

£200 to £300 isn't going to 'buy' you a top end show bike if that is what you are after?

If you want an easily recognizable icon from the 80s BMX era for a photo shoot then perhaps look for:

1)  Raleigh Super tuff Burner - Blue and Yellow (medium money)
3)  Skyway TA - White (fair to high money)
2)  Haro Gen 1 - Chrome (big bucks)

If you have good insurance (or deposit) then people here may offer to rent you one.

If you offer a part in the commercial or advert then you might get the bike with the rider (day rate applicable)

To buy one of these Iconic bikes you'd be looking at a minimum of £400 to £2000+ each

Alternatively have a look at eBay items:
These should be within your budget

Raleigh Tuff Burner - eBay item No.120444552820
Raleigh Super Tuff Burner - eBay item No. 290328686816
Raleigh Team Aero Pro Burner - eBay item No. 160346992548

hope that helps
Dan

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:00 AM by diesel »

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:19 PM »
is this anything to do with the old level magazine as used to buy that and got some show queen`s here you could hire but depends on where you are
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 01:00 AM »

If you want an easily recognizable icon from the 80s BMX era for a photo shoot then perhaps look for:

a mongoose  ::)

:angel: 
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

andrewthomas197

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Happy to rent you some of mine.

PM me.

bokbok

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 07:07 PM »
hi there would be interested in a raliegh ultra burner black and gold fully restored full bike ? cheers

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 07:29 PM »
what's the photoshoot in connection with? Directly about OS BMX Scene, some trendy wannabe band....?

you'd be better off telling people the venue and paying for the loan of some proper decent rides for a few hours....

for street cred you need min. Hutch's, early SE's, Torkers, Haro's, JMC's and who knows maybe a Nomura  :D

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

level

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply but we're really busy,

To bring you up to date, we have managed to blow pretty much our entire budget for the shoot on strippers and Jack Daniel's, so where does that leave us?

The shoot is taking place at 'The Front" park in sunny Weymouth, in the next 2-3 weeks.
We would like to use old skool rides for the shoot (we all rode back in the 80's so its for a little nostalgia rather than trying to be a wannabe). we're not looking for show bikes as they need to be used, but clean and usable is key.

We need the bikes to be posed on and ridden by the models (not ramps or jumps) around the park and other areas, ie town center, etc

What we can offer is some free tees and some sweet posters of your ride. The images will be used in our Ad campaigns (dig/ride etc) they will be given out with our tees, will be use at events, signed by the models and used on our site.

If your in the local area (Poole, Bournemouth, Dorset) please get in touch.

Like I said, our budget is non existent anymore, were also hoping to come along to some of the old skool races.

Cheers guys

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Perhaps I'm just thick, but 2 posts now from Level and I'm still none the wiser what this is about.

1.  who are you?
2.  what is it that you are selling/advertising?
3.  what is the connection to BMX other than you used to ride in the 80s (does that imply you don't ride anymore)?

Sounds like the same old story really - people wanting to be associated with BMX but wanting it for free.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I'd have to agree. Worjking the media myself, you must always make yourself clear as to who you are, what you want and what your intentions are.
Sometimes when posts like this come up I smell a rat. Hope Im wrong!

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 11:22 AM »

What we can offer is some free tees and some sweet posters of your ride.

Can I get any "sweet posters" of the strippers drinking Jack Daniel's  >:D

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 11:27 AM »
we have managed to blow pretty much our entire budget for the shoot on strippers
We need the bikes to be posed on and ridden by the models

Careful lads - your NOS Kashi may come back a bit sticky  :-X

:LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 11:38 AM »
maybe i'm a little nieve but i don't see what all the fuss is about?  the guy is asking for a bit of help, if i lived nearby and had an OS freestyle bike i'd let em borrow it  :daumenhoch:

level

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 11:43 AM »
Sorry guys, Ill try and clear up some of the details.

1.  who are you? http://www.wearelevel.com  site still not finished yet!

WE ARE LEVEL was set up in jan 09, after many years working as a Graphic Designer/Creative Director for big corporates, I had enough of working 16 hours + a day, having no time to ride or family. So I quit and spent a year surfing and snowboarding in europe. WE ARE LEVEL is family business, over the years I have done many extreme sports (I HATE THAT TERM) but BMX was where I started (ill dig out some pic if you don't believe me) also growing up riding with Mark Nobel's infulence was paramont to my early years (I was never as good as Mark tho!) I later went on to race XC and did pretty well.

Thats what I want to do, I want a bike clothing brand, new,mid or old skool, there are so many brands that get snapped up by skaters, however, I'm not nieve enougth to belive my potential customers only ride bikes, I sure as hell don't.

2.  what is it that you are selling/advertising?

T-Shirts, thats it, just cool tees to ride in.

3.  what is the connection to BMX other than you used to ride in the 80s (does that imply you don't ride anymore)?

Ohh no, far from it, pretty much ride the 7 miles everyday to the studio, mite pop down to the new Maverick park in Dorchester instead of having lunch. Or we can be found riding the Northshore or dual jump track at Puddletown woods. if its winter then we will be in Les De Alps.

Im no jump star anymore (just recovered from a torn Rota cuff, 3 torn tendons and a heap of nerve damage, 1 year of rehab and therapy) but I'm very much still riding! and when we get some cash to buy a few bikes were going to come to your old skool race series and nail you all down the inside of last berm!   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :4_17_5:

Does that help?  ;)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Cool - glad that's sorted

Sorry I don't live close enough - however the very best of luck with you new venture

Hope someone can help you out  :daumenhoch:

Don't forget to post up your results

level

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Did I mention the after shoot party on board a 60ft luxury motor cruiser with the girls? maybe if I post a pic of one of our models it will help you decide?

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Did I mention the after shoot party on board a 60ft luxury motor cruiser with the girls? maybe if I post a pic of one of our models it will help you decide?

Yum yum  >:D

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 01:00 PM »
crikey - nice one Level! Youre more than welcome on Rad!!!!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 01:01 PM »
maybe i'm a little nieve but i don't see what all the fuss is about?  the guy is asking for a bit of help, if i lived nearby and had an OS freestyle bike i'd let em borrow it  :daumenhoch:

Wasn't suggesting it was fishy, just a bit vague.  I think if they'd said in the first post they were a clothing company and needed some bikes to use as props for an ad campaign things would have been clearer.

Good luck with the venture.  Perhaps you should relocate your photoshoot to MK09 next weekend as there will be plenty of OS bikes around and I'm sure plenty of people will be only to happy to let you use them for free.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:03 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

level

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 01:03 PM »
I'm afraid I couldn't comment!  in case the wife reads!  ::)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 01:05 PM »
Sorry MIke I didn't mean to sound like I was having a pop  :daumenhoch:

She looks like she could do with a good steak and chips and not throw it back up afterwards  :LolLolLolLol:

level

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I know what your saying, But I didn't want to come across as just using your forum to promote my dream. sorry

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Sorry MIke I didn't mean to sound like I was having a pop  :daumenhoch:

She looks like she could do with a good steak and chips and not throw it back up afterwards  :LolLolLolLol:

Looks like she could do with a good rogering more like Rob  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bikes wanted for a photo shoot

gfxgfx
gfx gfx