gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 04:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powdercoating in the Wakefield / Leeds area ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Powdercoating in the Wakefield / Leeds area ???  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Powdercoating in the Wakefield / Leeds area ???
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:27 AM »
I know a few of the members on here are from around the Wakefield and Leeds area. Can anyone recommend a powdercoating company where they have had frames & forks done before and how much they were charged. I am from Wakefield so ideal locations would be Wakefield, Castleford, South Leeds etc. I have found a couple of companies: Castleford Powdercoaters Ltd and Batley Powdercoating but would prefer to use somewhere that someone had previous good experience of (i.e. good finish, mask off the threads etc.)
Cheers guys

weston

Re: Powdercoating in the Wakefield / Leeds area ???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 09:16 PM »
try paul drinkwater at leeds bmx & tell him weston sent you,he'll put you in the right direction,they have a website,if you cant find it go to the bradford bandits website & use the link..
im now in wakefield & looking to start riding again,who do you ride with & wheres good to ride????????

eddie.the.ead

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 11:51 AM »
ive had loads of parts done at castleford    and have been highly pleased with the result

askgemini

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:22 PM »
01132 340909 do powder coating, hunslet in leeds..Called evotech i think.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 02:20 PM by askgemini »

weston

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 05:23 PM »
my friend did my brothers bike in non stick teflon at his pan factory in east end park,leeds...
looks quality ;D

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 07:26 PM »
i use powder coaters in morley they are cheap and the quality is about 95% plus .but had pk ripper done asnd said must be minted and when i picked up it was got charged tiny bit more for it though .i presume the prep work was more .

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 05:08 PM »
In the end I used Castleford Powdercoatings 01977 513490.
Did a pretty good job; stripped, prepped and painted in about 4 days for £25

ScottyDog

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Sounds like you found LSN in Castleford. Nidge there has always done a top notch job on all my frames & within a week.

When I went in this past Saturday to collect one of my frames he mention that someone else had called in recently with a Skyway? frame. Could this be you?

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 11:28 AM »
No not me. I had a GT Cruiser done

askgemini

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Bob Jackson's - forget powder coating, get it stove enamelled, finish is mint and much toughter and very reasonably priced, forgot the number but look it up on stanningley road..

Bren Gunn

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 01:57 AM »
I  spotted the TA, top job.  I picked up my GHP today, looks great. I'll post pics when I'm sober ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powdercoating in the Wakefield / Leeds area ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx