gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 04:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bishops Cleeve track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bishops Cleeve track  (Read 4395 times)

synergy1968

Bishops Cleeve track
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Just thought i would pop some pics up for you guys , such a sunny day so good time to take . This track is about 10 mts old and is just starting to ride well.
We get about 30 kids on a thursday ngt pop up to ride , have to saye its great to see um ride after all the poo we had with our local council.

We are going to hold a thursday ngt bike repair club, some of the kids bikes are in very poor condition. And if all works out we are going to have a race day and get the local Echo up to see all our hard work come true. We have had no support from the council to keep this track running , we had props with rain water on the track and normal stuff like rubbish bins ect. All are welcome to the track i would give it a 6/10 at the mo.

paulgray

Re: Bishops Cleeve track
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:15 AM »
That looks like a nice rideable track and with real dirt berms, good grass roots stuff, reminds me of the way it was BITD, well done  :4_17_5:

:rant: Councils are generally a waste of time, you're better off doing it yourselves, BMX needs bike shops and/or parents to form clubs, that's how BMX grew, nothing to do with local government.  :rant:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:25 AM by PaulGray - AQL »

lmmrst

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:02 PM »
Where abouts in cleeve is this matey? lis :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Cleeve is just North of Cheltenham.

Went past recently and saw loads of people riding - well pleased to see it.

Just to let you know the council want to have an open day sometime soon to get the echo down - I was supposed to sort it out but life for me has gone mental recently due to a change at home so I concentrated on the getting the track rideable before all hell broke loose (wife getting full time job)

Synergy - Happy to help out with organising something, especially as the local cycling club chairman wants to support this also and has talked about having some kids skills sessions up there - picking up something they used to so in Pittville Park.

Hope you're good though!

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say - went up recently and had a roll around during the day - noticed the starting blocks and the tyres - nice little additions. Council asked if I had put them in and said no but said they were a good idea.

Also, they've offered to pay me to get a wacker plate for a day but again I've been too busy to sort it out but it could still be done especially once it gets wetter. I may have more time on my hands then!

synergy1968

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:07 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say - went up recently and had a roll around during the day - noticed the starting blocks and the tyres - nice little additions. Council asked if I had put them in and said no but said they were a good idea.

Also, they've offered to pay me to get a wacker plate for a day but again I've been too busy to sort it out but it could still be done especially once it gets wetter. I may have more time on my hands then!
Mr bush ! hows things buddy ? all good down the track at the mo thursday ngts are mad ! 30 + kids at the mo and growing  :LolLolLolLol: .. Thought you were bizzzy doing the family thing so carried on your hard work .. Im still in the councils bad books am i  :LolLolLolLol: like i give a rats arse :LolLolLolLol:..

Ya we have a thursday ngt bike repair club , some of the kids bikes are in mmmm s... condition so thought it would be good to get some sort of grounding in the way of feed back from the kids on what we need to do with the track.. If you would like meet up to put some idears in line no probs , but if the council think thay are going to grab all the lime lite thay will piss a lot of peps of . We have had nothing from um so thay can do 1. Thats my little  :rant:..   :LolLolLolLol: on the positive side the track is a massive hit  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:09 PM by synergy1968 »

synergy1968

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34 PM »

No bud the wacker plate would kill the track, dont take it the wrong way but at the mo thats not a good idear. Like i said the council have dun fook all with the track for the last 5 mths we have had a group of lads working on this track for mths doing a top job . We were up there all day sunday sorting the track  and most sundays doing d i y on it.. If the council would like to take all the thanks for this boy this would piss the kids of. If the council would like to get there arse into gear and do something positve constructive instead of moaning how i park my van in the wrong place instead of thanks you for making and keeping the track safe and fun for the kids ,,, let um give me a ring .. if not i dont give a shit we will keep putting time and money into the track .. on another point have you seen the car park and the club house what a shit tip ! again the council not looking after things and wont belong before we get the blame for it .. thats why we are keeping the track clean and tidy.We askt for a bin 7mths ago ! and still no bin MUPPETS. Ya let um get the Echo up that would be funny ? im sorry to go on bud but the track is down to some very hard working m8 from back in the day and we dont look for thanks we are just doing it for the kids :rant:

Bushwacked

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Mate - I know where you are coming from and that track wouldn't be what it is today without my input and hard work over a period of 9 months. Partly my fault that things haven't progressed since but I'll openly admit I'm the wrong person for the job and only got involved as I wanted to see it get built to encourage people to ride in the area.

Also, the council expect me to coordinate stuff and to be honest I just don't have the time at the moment to do anything on it. I did when my wife wasn't working but now she is I don't get chance to get down there.

However we need to resolve this, it sounds like you are doing a great job of creating a scene down there and it may be that we need to build some bridges so you and the council can communicate and get things sorted going forward.

if you fancy giving it a go let me know and we'll see what we can sort out.

synergy1968

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Mate - I know where you are coming from and that track wouldn't be what it is today without my input and hard work over a period of 9 months. Partly my fault that things haven't progressed since but I'll openly admit I'm the wrong person for the job and only got involved as I wanted to see it get built to encourage people to ride in the area.

Also, the council expect me to coordinate stuff and to be honest I just don't have the time at the moment to do anything on it. I did when my wife wasn't working but now she is I don't get chance to get down there.

However we need to resolve this, it sounds like you are doing a great job of creating a scene down there and it may be that we need to build some bridges so you and the council can communicate and get things sorted going forward.

Ya happy to du that bud . just get the council to ring me if thats ok with you. i will pm you my number ..

synergy1968

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 01:39 AM »

Bush dont take this the wrong way but 9 mths ago the council said the track was finished and we all know what i did next , i put my big harry balls on the line and got the papers in on it. If this was not dun we would not have a track today.. and the shit i took for that was  mmmm lets start with kiddy sex pest ! dont mind anyone helping out but not good to saye we would not have the track without your input? im not a glory hunter bud but come on ..  :-X

synergy1968

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Well nothing from the council bush ? like i said waste of time .... I even phoned um to sort things out but did not return my call ... lol well we will carry on doing it for the kids .. We have sorted the club  and are moving fwd with things (watch this space)   :fart:

veeza

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 08:38 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

burner77

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 08:34 PM »
 :daumenhoch:My bikes built, ready for Thursday :daumenhoch:

synergy1968

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:11 PM »
R ready for the big thursday shhhhhhhh     :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 03:35 PM »
[Bush dont take this the wrong way but 9 mths ago the council said the track was finished and we all know what i did next , i put my big harry balls on the line and got the papers in on it. If this was not dun we would not have a track today.. and the shit i took for that was  mmmm lets start with kiddy sex pest ! dont mind anyone helping out but not good to saye we would not have the track without your input? im not a glory hunter bud but come on ..  :-X

Steve, I've only just seen this and yep you did get the papers involved and as I remember because of that the council we talking about bulldozing the whole lot or leaving it how it was. Myself and the club chairman convinced them that they needed to do a specific amount of work to change it and make it better and safer rather than getting rid of it. We'd been working with them since well before you contacted them or the papers and we were the ones who took numerous hours of our own time to get the track running.

You may think that 9months ago nothing was going on, but when the council said the track was finished we were already talking to them constructively to make this a better place for everyone to ride.

I don't want any credit for this track at all - seeing people enjoy it is more than enough, but it annoys me that you say the track would not be what it was without my input - Do you know where the design and plans for it came from? Who spent an evening convincing the council to spend the little extra to redevelop it? Who spent most mornings working with the contractor to make sure he did what was needed and then who spent most afternoons working on it to get it running so the kids could enjoy it?? I put a lot of effort into this and have not until now really considered how much and it does get my back up you saying that your article achieved all this...

:rant:

Regarding the council contacting you I said I'd be keen to sort something out but I've not been able to sit down with them as I've been away on business most of the past two weeks but it is on my list of things to do.

If I'm honest, your attitude makes me want to wash my hands of the whole thing and walk away.

However, I'm pleased to hear things are going forward up there though.

synergy1968

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Ok bud wash your hands no probs ... im not going to fall out over a bmx track... Last  :rant: but if all that input and hard work you put in  why did the track end up in this condition  1, to narrow 2, full of glass iron wood plastic ect 3, could not go round the track on a moto x bike yet alone a bmx 4, the jumps in all the wrong places 5, 2 start lines 6, unsafe to ride 7,  no  maintenance plan for track .  I COULD GO ON..AND ON

I have had some top old school riders up the track  and a top European rider with great input. At the end of the day i was told the track was done and no more work was going to be dun to the track end of story , and that was a joke who ever workt or had input on that track fookt it up big time..

We have a group of volunteers who have put hours of there time and money into this track for the last 9 mths, thay are the guys who just get on with things for the ride. Actions speak louder than just words. If you dont mind me asking but what tracks have you built in the past and how long have you been riding bmx.
Because this is what peps have been talking about...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:39 PM by synergy1968 »

Bushwacked

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 07:16 AM »
Whatever dude!

After months of defending you to the council I finally understand what they have been going on about. It's a shame you alienate those that are trying to help.

:LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:47 AM by Bushwacked »

synergy1968

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I dont need anybody defending me . Lets keep to the above topic please reply.. LOL come on you told me you have just started riding bmx and you have no knowledge of track building at all.... Look in the Echo the wright up says it all... Never mind life goes on ...Pop up the track any time thursday if you like always welcome..  we had 50ish new members join the club 2ngt and also had raffle sponsored by Williams of cheltenham. Club is called Bishops Cleeve bmx club.. Membership gives you free bike repair on a thursday and 10% of at williams cycles of cheltenham and lots of other goodies ... Even visits to other tracks and racing ... Membership is £1 .... You also get a glossy membership card  :D

So like i said you are welcome anytime , please dont defend me but thanks anyway.. And if your bought up on bmx you would understand my love of it..

Keep a look out in the echo over the next couple of days ... All good and you will see how actions speak volumes  ;)

Daddybass

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Hey guys i live in stroud and would like to become involved in anyway possible pm me or maybe ill just come on thursday can you give me directions cheers in advance steve

synergy1968

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Hey guys i live in stroud and would like to become involved in anyway possible pm me or maybe ill just come on thursday can you give me directions cheers in advance steve
Sweet ya just come along bud..give me a ring thursday ngt i will give you directions 07876418903 cheers we start ta 6ish

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bishops Cleeve track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx