gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why is the voting so poor in BOTM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why is the voting so poor in BOTM  (Read 3389 times)

steve Beech TA

Why is the voting so poor in BOTM
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:25 PM »

I know i have not been on much myself but i am starting to get back on more and more now, but whats up with the BOTM voting, it seems to be lacking on votes, I allways look foward to seeing peeps builds  :D

sweetbeats

Re: Why is the voting so poor in BOTM
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Dunno I always try and vote..did want to vote on the new school as well but forgot  :-\
Good to show appreciation for all the hard work that has been done and it's great to see loads of fresh builds every month...maybe if everyone was sent a PM reminder from the Mods it might remind people and get more votes.

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:47 PM »
I would think there are only 150 or so consistent members on here anyway?,most evenings there seems to be 30 or so guests logging in? had a quick peek at some of last years voting and it does seem to be 20-30 votes down this year.  :-\

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Good point...i have noticed the guests almost out number the members sometimes or near enough...should tighten up the wigwam if you ask me and take away the hidden option which is weird and mostly used by people that have messed other members around.... meandering off  topic  ;)

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Good point...i have noticed the guests almost out number the members sometimes or near enough...should tighten up the wigwam if you ask me and take away the hidden option which is weird and mostly used by people that have messed other members around.... meandering off  topic  ;)

Yep maybe limit the amount of times you can log in as a guest? this might encourage people to join instead of loitering in the background?  :-\

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01 AM »

Yep maybe limit the amount of times you can log in as a guest? this might encourage people to join instead of loitering in the background?  :-\

Yeah good idea....just prefer knowing who is online and not loads of hiddens and guests-Maybe make site supporter compulsory after a free month browsing after registering to keep it close knit  :daumenhoch:

martylaa

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:15 AM »
Like I said before, let's make it an automatic popup when you go on the site that way its in ya face as a reminder

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 02:06 PM »
my conspiracy theory...

1.lots of people dont have the disposable income anymore, and have lost interest in the hobby to a certain degree

2. most of the people who used to be at the core of the site, who felt pushed out or pissed off it had got too main stream  dont spend much time in the main area anymore, they just knock about in the clique lounge specially set up for mods and friends of owners and mods....some do this pretty much exclusively, which is detrimental to the site, but hey, they prefer it exclusive so thats what they get.

tis also winter.

people go grumpy in winter and dont bother gettting involved.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:11 PM by J.T »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:30 PM »

1.lots of people dont have the disposable income anymore, and have lost interest in the hobby to a certain degree

Hmmmm is it not just a cycle though ?  ??? people are always getting "out" as others are getting "in"  :-\

If there was a mass exodus from the scene surely there would be a huge influx of parts for sale on here / or the bay ? And prices would be plumeting ?

Key items - F&F, Kashis, MX1000's, Tuffs etc. still seem to be bid for fairly strongly and seem to be holding at a price level so no evidence there  ???

Just a thought  :-\

As for voting in BOTM I guess some people just like to browse and not vote  :-\  dunno why though ?

I think pop-ups or emails could help but....... horse/water/drink - know what i mean  ;)

150 active members ? maybe  :-\  It says most users online simultaneously was 196 ( September 02, 2009, 04:03 pm ) assuming not "every" active member was online at the same time on the same day i'd say closer to 250 active members  ???

Either way 90 votes is less than half the members voting for BOTM and the site is all about the bikes - right ?  ???

Fook knows  :idiot2:

I'll shut up now  :-[ :-X :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Pop ups are being investigated to see if this is feasible !

It's a great idea but needs looking at from a techy point of view  :daumenhoch:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I always vote :daumenhoch: always quality bikes being built and worth a few minutes of your time to have a gander and vote ;) I agree we should do away with the hidden option and guest etc :daumenhoch: Also the £10 SS should be compulsory! :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Daz ! that's an idea !

How about a charge of say £5 to enter BOTM and the full £5 goes towards Radbmx.co.uk chosed charity for the year like Little Havens ?

Comments welcome

Nick

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55 PM »
£5 pound yearly Nick, or every month ?

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Per entry I guess !

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Daz ! that's an idea !

How about a charge of say £5 to enter BOTM and the full £5 goes towards Radbmx.co.uk chosed charity for the year like Little Havens ?

Comments welcome

Nick

think even less peeps ell enter then , maybe wrong , anyhows think its cause you keep winning/rigging it Nick  :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Retired Wardy  :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 03:02 PM »
I don't think paying for an entry will increase votes-more likely decrease entrys which would be a shame  :-\
Charges should be made to guests though there's too many and stop the hidden thing which is mainly used by people who have ripped someone off or something like that  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I completly agree that paying will not increase votes, but the pop up's may !

The charge was to maybe increase donations for the charity ride that some/most members can't make, it was only an idea ! If people spend a fair amount of dosh on a bike is £5 to a charity asking too much?

I must say the guest thing gets me !

Nick

sweetbeats

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 03:17 PM »
 :)
Guests and Hiddens SUCK :4_17_5:
Nah don't charge for BOTM,Charge Guests £5 a month for surfing and nosing around the RAD joint. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 03:17 PM »
Yep limit the guest log in or something,your either in or your not  :daumenhoch:

gobshite

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 03:20 PM »

2. most of the people who used to be at the core of the site, who felt pushed out or pissed off it had got too main stream  dont spend much time in the main area anymore, they just knock about in the clique lounge specially set up for mods and friends of owners and mods....some do this pretty much exclusively, which is detrimental to the site, but hey, they prefer it exclusive so thats what they get.

they hide away like fags because they cant hack it in the real world, :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 03:23 PM »
Yeah I would rather have a 100 plus regulars and people committed to bmx,and the forum goodness than all the stragglers and non committals hanging around...making up numbers-compulsory site supporter or no posting on the forum or looking at it.

:rant: I hate it when a newbie comes on with a bike and asks how much it's worth as thinkin' of selling it..but avoiding paying a measly Tenner ;)
Get Brutal Mods and Keep the Coolest BMX WigWam tight  :P

sweetbeats

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Ohhh there's a hidden on now...wonder who that could be  :D

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 03:25 PM »

they hide away like fags because they cant hack it in the real world, :LolLolLolLol:

should fook you off straight away Joe  :LolLolLolLol:

gobshite

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 03:32 PM »

should fook you off straight away Joe  :LolLolLolLol:

it does fook me off,
its the reason i no longer have a site supporter tag,
i'm not paying and contributing to a forum where certain area's are "off limits"

fook that,
let them have their little private "bummers club" :LolLolLolLol:

btw,i always vote in b.o.t.m and b.o.t.y,
for me though its pointless entering anything as the chances of a m/s bike winning are so slim,
and n/s bikes arent allowed.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why is the voting so poor in BOTM

gfxgfx
gfx gfx