gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 01:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  why do old schoolers seem to hate new schoolers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: why do old schoolers seem to hate new schoolers?  (Read 2300 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: why do old schoolers seem to hate new schoolers?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 07:38 PM »
 :) Because they`re old and set in their ways.

Seriously,not all OS riders have bad attitudes & you could say the same about NS hating OS.Don`t know where I fit in with this,I`m 38 & ride NS bikes.I`m of the opinion that OS bikes for collecting/looking at,NS for riding.The OS Series riders are an exception and some of them can give much younger racers a damn good lesson.A lot of younger NS riders need a big lesson in BMX history about bikes,riders,tricks etc.Whatever,it`s all BMX and all good to me  :daumenhoch:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02 PM »
the only thing i hate about youger riders is the fact they wear belts, but their pants still hang out the back of their jeans....

thats just silly

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 08:17 PM »
To be honest I'm "Old School" all the way, 42 years old now and I do like watching the New School stuff.... some of it is like totally bonkers and incredibly skillful and ballsy!!!  :daumenhoch:

Everyone has their "era" and I think that old school bikes look waaay more trick than NS even though NS bikes are technically better... but they look bland imo.

It does wind me up though when NS riders take the piss out of old school riding, tricks etc saying how lame it looks
..... when we were doing what we were doing back then, some of it was pretty hard stuff to do and we were all pushing the envelope back then to be better and better.
Just cos it may seem easy to pull old school tricks now doesn't make them shit.... all sports progress over time and BMX has too!  :daumenhoch:

Still think a really shit hot tabletop or turndown looks better than any backflip360tailwhipblablabla anyways  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I love all BMX  :smitten: new, old, race, freestyle, flatland vert..... I've always been into racing so thats where my sole is. The only thing that I don't get about new schoolers is........

Why the hell do they insist on wearing their sisters size 8 black jeans to ride in  :D
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 08:32 PM »
I love all BMX  :smitten: new, old, race, freestyle, flatland vert..... I've always been into racing so thats where my sole is. The only thing that I don't get about new schoolers is........

Why the hell do they insist on wearing their sisters size 8 black jeans to ride in  :D

Because I`m a skinny fooker & they`re nice jeans!

bmxboy70

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Kids by me at my local track re great and good kids!! Always make room for old gits like me an my little kids!!!!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 10:38 PM »
it's all bmx innit? i know a the odd bmx'er that are complete tossers old and young and some in the middle. Why are we even having this converation?

In fact we're not cos i've locked it.

tossers  :P

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 10:59 PM »
ok unlocked it now cos i hate you all.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 11:02 PM »
ok unlocked it now cos i hate you all.

we all love you bob but your just a miserable fooker >:D
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 11:06 PM »
hehe  >:(

lodge

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Give the new school riders credit where its due for fricks sake, bitd we all wore flarey race pants which got caught in our huge chain rings, the n/s riders wear tight jeans to eliminate this problem and for a brucie bonus the jeans offer improved protection over race pants.  your obviously all bitter that the bike clip is now pretty much obsolite in bmx.  :'(

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 11:24 PM »
I never tucked my jeans in, in fact when i first started riding they were tight and 4 inches up my legs to show the 24 hole DM's i never wore. I couldn't afford race uniforms then and never wore them. That didn't change when i could afford them though.

thecrooch

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Whats New School?

I just Ride...  and i dont go to school!

Broggie

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I don't hate anyone...apparently it leads to the dark side or sommat  :2funny:

Seriously it can be difficult talking to youngsters, there will always be some twat who will think you might be a perv...

It's riding bikes and it's supposed to be fun...I'm rubbish at tricks and I freely admit it, but I still enjoy what I do

For me its even more difficult as I don't have any BMX history to draw upon, so I'm a clueless old bloke on a BMX bike  :LolLolLolLol:

I also admit I don't understand brakeless and am a little bit horrified by it.

and I don't find any love inside me for new school bikes, not because of the ride quality as I know that they are a better ride than OS...but because they don't hit that spot inside me like OS bikes do...I can't explain it any better than that.

There will always be a divide between the generations, culture, fashions and so forth, and not always everything will be understood...

Ray.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 01:58 PM »
I never tucked my jeans in, in fact when i first started riding they were tight and 4 inches up my legs to show the 24 hole DM's i never wore. I couldn't afford race uniforms then and never wore them. That didn't change when i could afford them though.

i actually had a pair of pin striped jeans with elasticated bottoms!  :LolLolLolLol: they were all the rage in '83

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 03:38 PM »
did anyone else have the checkered jeans in the 80's?  or was i the only stupid fooker?!   ;D

zed4130

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 03:43 PM »
bmx is bmx . no hate from me,  :)

paul

Daddybass

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 09:11 PM »
I just hate anyone young lucky ba%£&$ds

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20 PM »
I just hate anyone young lucky ba%£&$ds

i'd hate to be 16 again, maybe mid to late twenties, certainly not a teenager...  tbh some teenagers look at you like they want to kick your head in, and look like they mutter and mumble when out of range, full of testosterone and want to be look impressive....

now you can lock it bob!   :laugh:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Daddybass

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 09:26 PM »
did anyone else have the checkered jeans in the 80's?  or was i the only stupid fooker?!   ;D
Lets face facts we all wore some crazy shit at some point but never girls jeans :-[

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 06:08 AM »
Lets face facts we all wore some crazy shit at some point but never girls jeans :-[

Jumbo Lois cords or Fiorruchi (spelling?) with 1 inch cuts on the inside seam at the bottom of the legs  :-[

Better to crash and burn than fade away

kirk

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Coz yer tossers who need to pull yer britches up.....

And while your at it ride bikes with stickers so we know what they are as they all look the same, buy some proper grips with ends on (see A`me) put your saddles up so you can do roll backs and proper wheelies, have your mobile phones taken away as you dont need them because your 12, get some rims that match, wash,  and talk proper. and get a job you bunch of leeches.

Apart from that your sound as a pound  ;D

spesh

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 12:46 PM »

And while your at it ride bikes with stickers so we know what they are as they all look the same, buy some proper grips with ends on (see A`me) put your saddles up so you can do roll backs and proper wheelies, have your mobile phones taken away as you dont need them because your 12, get some rims that match, wash,  and talk proper. and get a job you bunch of leeches.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:
and stop that back wheel making that awful clicking noise its too loud !!
and get some fookin brakes coz next time you crash into my mint gen 1 il fookin brain ya!!!
and dont "oy" me i remember when this skatepark was all fields!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:51 PM by spesh »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01 PM »

my rims don't match, my seat is slammed low as i can roll back standing up and my grips have end caps in....oh and i have a rear brake.

and i'm nearly 40!   :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 03:10 PM »
i don't actually just reserve my hate for new schoolers...i pretty much hate everyone/thing.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  why do old schoolers seem to hate new schoolers?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx