gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fake tuf neck stems?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake tuf neck stems?  (Read 2667 times)

oldsky

Fake tuf neck stems?
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me, were all tuf neck stems engraved with the logo or did some have stickers with the lions head etc.

Thanks

weston

Re: Fake tuf neck stems?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:35 AM »
as  far as i know they were all engraved but i stopped riding in 85,after that alot of companies went through hard times so maybe some had stickers...

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 06:54 AM »
i saw some in 87 when i rode that were sticker only and have one here that has no tuff neck stamp . i would have though original, i mean why bother making fakes when the scene was dead then
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 09:07 AM »
i got a non stickered jobbie....although it was very faded before i stripped it it didnt have a sticker, it was screen printed...so you could have a real one fella

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Iv got one with a sticker & one that is engraved, the one with the sticker was Nos in the bag, so I think its real.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Very early tuf necks were non stamped no markings at all , square corners, then the stamp said TUF NECK still sqaure cornered , changed the stamp to Tiger head and rounded the corners, then stopped stamping and used the screen print " Sticker".

Or something like that.

Rich :)

The-flying-banana

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Yep rich is spot on here as i have an unstamped one and they are hard to fake due to the thread used in the wedge bold etc. Tuf neck were making stems for years before they started putting the stamp on them!

Pitty we are all label junkies as the unstamped ones are rarer and therefore should cost more but they dont :-\

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 06:48 PM »
The lettering stamp is prob the hardest to find

Rich

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fake tuf neck stems?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx