gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 09:04 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  buttsbikeshop """" chrome"""""
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: buttsbikeshop """" chrome"""""  (Read 2718 times)

COZZFATHER

Re: buttsbikeshop """" chrome"""""
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 12:32 PM »
nice job :D

theres a big difference between chroming a new copy part and saving the original rare item,if the original has got to go again but in a bad way to start with thats a magnificent effort imo.

i have bought high end Bmx parts of JJ and he did the bizzo on them for me,he even amazed me when i bought some very sought after team aero pro bars offa him and he said would i like them chroming,i though nah just send me the chuffin bars but he said he would chuck the chroming in, i waited a couple of weeks and got my bars and they were mintos minty tripple mint.

rest assured on good condition old school pitted chrome bmx stuff the finish JJ acheives is top notch and i won't run with crap bmx's ever lol

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 12:36 PM »
6. ffs lighten up

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37 PM »
7. FPMSL. I mean that too.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52 PM »
No hard feelings mates, didn't intend nothing personal towards Jonathan and his work.
Accept my apologies if my post sounded that way..

I think that derailleur looks now like "overfinished", some old patina would have suit it better maybe.
I understand it was way beyond that patina before, so obviously I do not have better solution to propose  :-[ than rechrome

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I'm not one to enjoy arguments, but I did read 'Lack of prep work' as 'Lack of effort' which is why I jumped to J's defence. His work is impeccable and the love he puts into said work is quite simply outstanding. His chroming is absolutely lickable and second to none.  :smitten:

If I read your words out of context then I apologies. I don't even own a BMX.  8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:01 PM by madrok »

ozone

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 01:48 PM »
I'm not one to enjoy arguments, but I did read 'Lack of prep work' as 'Lack of effort' which is why I jumped to J's defence. His work is impeccable and the love he puts into said work is quite simply outstanding. His chroming is absolutely lickable and second to none.  :smitten:

If I read your words out of context then I apologies. I don't even own a BMX.  8)

I really enjoy cottaging but i'm not gay ;)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 02:46 PM »

4. attaking ppl because they dont agree with you is not "for the common good"

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Wardy PMSL  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48 PM »

That has to be the funniest thing you've posted in a long time Carl; it's been well worth the wait  :D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

neiljonarcus

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43 PM »

wardy you fo0king crack me up ya twit  now leave my little pauly alone  :knuppel2:

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Looking forward to see it completed, but am I the only spoilsport on here??

Not really impressed with this one:

These parts probably never have been show chromed even on day one, but can only see a lack of prep on this ?
Looking at that peice i can understand why you might say that. The thing is you don't have all the info at hand. John doesn't do the chroming he does the prep and takes the items for chroming. He started doing this originally because he wasn't happy with some of the results he was getting after sending items to different chromers. Basically due to shoddy prep.
Shoddy prep is a real bug bear of his and he won't settle for anything less than it being the best it can be. For this item to turn out like this and because i know him, the apparent damage after stripping must have been quite bad. You can't always get a good indication of what condition an item is in until it is stripped.
If John can't make it look good, then no one can. Most chromers wouldn't have even accepted the items neil sent, he would have just been turned away.
Think i summed that up the best i could without jumping on the attack wagon. I think those that have , have only done so because they already know what i have just said to be true  :coolsmiley:

:4_17_5:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 05:18 PM »

now leave my little pauly alone  :knuppel2:

little !! dont think were on about the same Paul Neil  :LolLolLolLol: anyhows he gives out worse than he gets  :LolLolLolLol:

is the racer done yet anyhows  :LolLolLolLol:

slurp

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Ive seen buttsbikeshop alot on ebay, is it actually a shop or just a collector with alot of stuff.

Ive often wondered.

russ j

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Ive seen buttsbikeshop alot on ebay, is it actually a shop or just a collector with alot of stuff.

Ive often wondered.

'buttsbikeshop' his Jonathan's 'user name' and 'ebay name' he doesn't actually own a shop its a nick name he got given when he was a young lad  ;)

And to add my pennath worth i have had quiet a lot of bits & pieces re-chromed by Jonathan and his work is second to none he is also a great guy 'out of the BMX scene' so to speak.Like Glynn said a lot of chromers would just stick their nose up at some of the pieces he gets sent but Jonathan will do his upmost best to get the best results he can,as chromeing goes the golden rule is all down to the preperation work beforehand,and jonathan is VERY GOOD at preperation work.....

Russ...(a low post counter but a heavy voyeurer but sadly not a site supporter ;D)

neiljonarcus

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34 PM »

now leave my little pauly alone  :knuppel2:

little !! dont think were on about the same Paul Neil  :LolLolLolLol: anyhows he gives out worse than he gets  :LolLolLolLol:

is the racer done yet anyhows  :LolLolLolLol:

fook the racer wardy where is me   VDC   so i can lick it clean    :P

safc1

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 10:01 AM »
nice job considering the state of the parts before they were sent to butts.

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:39 PM by safc1 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  buttsbikeshop """" chrome"""""

gfxgfx
gfx gfx