gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 06:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Persil white Twin Top Tube Rebel Freestyler build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Persil white Twin Top Tube Rebel Freestyler build  (Read 8293 times)

h14nha

Re: Persil white Twin Top Tube Rebel Freestyler build
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Hi

h14nha

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Hi ( again )
had to join to comment on Dannys Rebel and got soooo excited i fluffed me first post oops !!
For sum time iv been looking for a build to do and hav searched on the bay for a rebel but neva had any luck in locating one and had started to think id dreamt the 'rebels' up until i saw this white beauty.
i was lucky enuff to own a chrome one of these back in 85/6, rolling on black aero zytec mags. i bort it myself from Dragon Cycles in Cardiff ( f&f 75 pounds if i remember ) and did 3 paper rounds and helped the milkman before school to pay for building it up. it took me over a year to do and by that time my interest had moved on to motorbikes and my mum gave it to my cousin who 'lost' it within weeks :2gunsfiring_v1:
i often wondered if it survived, and if it has, i hope sumone has dun it justice with such a stunning restore. anyway im back now wiv a 86 performer and looking to start a collection so il be back.
cheers
Ian   

ChoccyButton

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Firstly hi to everyone as I'm a newbie on here and what a good site it looks :)

Just gotta give you props on your rebel build (very tasty!)

Reason I'm on here is I've recently purchased what I got told in the ad was a faze7 double top tube frame, I really didn't mind as I've wanted a rebel frame for years after an older kid from around the way had a really nice White one which I was envious as heck! Always wanted one ever since. Upon receiving the frame I looked for the serial number (RF1079) I'm hoping it's a rebel frame and my first impressions think RF stands for rebel frame? If anyone could shine any light on this matter I'd be so grateful. I have an original rebel advert with their address being at worfield Shropshire, which is even better for me as I live in Shropshire and worfield is within throwing distance to me.

I so can't wait to start the build but need to source some forks and I'll definitely need some help or prices for a decal set.

I will get some pics up as soon as I figure out how too!!

Cheers guys.

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Persil White is looking sick :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Firstly hi to everyone as I'm a newbie on here and what a good site it looks :)

Just gotta give you props on your rebel build (very tasty!)

Reason I'm on here is I've recently purchased what I got told in the ad was a faze7 double top tube frame, I really didn't mind as I've wanted a rebel frame for years after an older kid from around the way had a really nice White one which I was envious as heck! Always wanted one ever since. Upon receiving the frame I looked for the serial number (RF1079) I'm hoping it's a rebel frame and my first impressions think RF stands for rebel frame? If anyone could shine any light on this matter I'd be so grateful. I have an original rebel advert with their address being at worfield Shropshire, which is even better for me as I live in Shropshire and worfield is within throwing distance to me.

I so can't wait to start the build but need to source some forks and I'll definitely need some help or prices for a decal set.

I will get some pics up as soon as I figure out how too!!

Cheers guys.

Thanks for the the comments.  Firstly, I have owned 6 or 7 Rebel frames and never seen a serial on them.It may be that yours is a Faze-7, but not to worry as they were made in the same factory and are exactly the same in every way (apart from the serial).

Forks will be very difficult to source unfortunately, unless you get the full frame/forks ive never seen Rebel forks for sale alone.For decals speak to Del on here as he made these up for me (on the white Rebel.

Mine has changed a touch since the photos with new bars (Rebel 531 bars very similar to Skyway EZ-1's) and even better, era correct white Tuffs with alloy rear hub and unselaed plastic front hub.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 09:50 PM »
dan you should rename the thread "purcell white" 8) it's my fave white and

allways comes out good, i get asked so many times who i get this from as

not many whites are near to this one :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:53 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Ghost Riders in the Sky!

Sweet... needs a bit more white on it though eh  :daumenhoch:

Then again... if it was any whiter Pickle wouldn't believe in it  :LolLolLolLol:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

ChoccyButton

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Cheers Dan, I would have of thought RF would have ment Rebel Frame but I must be wrong, this baby had mongoose decals and mongoose forks on her! If I can get a fork similar to the rebels I'd be happy want to try and get it near original as possible.
Sorry to sound dumb but do I have to use photobucket to get my pictures onto this thread, then you can see the start of my build and eventually the finish?

I read in your posts that you wanted the alloy hubbed tuffs etc to keep it real. Very nice work fella, I will be in touch with Del to see if he'd help me out for a price.
 Super bike Dan where are you based buddy?

Thanks for replies peeps :)

ChoccyButton

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 09:19 AM »
Super Dan ignore my last question I've just seen your thread for bikes you've done, very nice work indeed! I'm sure I'll find your website on here. I have a gentleman that's close to mr that does all my motorcross frames and bars and quite fairly priced, I might try him first and if I'm not happy I'll be sending my frames in your direction buddy  :daumenhoch:

ChoccyButton

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Hope i've done this right!!

dannywhiteley

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Sorry to bump this up late, ive moved house and just got my tinternet connection back up and running.

Just wanted to comment on those bars (extremely cool, never seen a pair of those Vector style Rebel bars other than in the BMX Action adverts).  Also, that may be a later Rebel Freestyler, as the RF would make sense, but I know the early ones werent stamped.

If you ever want to sell those bars, please bear me in mind.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Persil white Twin Top Tube Rebel Freestyler build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx