gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 05:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  carboot find - new project !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: carboot find - new project !  (Read 1865 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
carboot find - new project !
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Picked this up at the weekend - was at a carboot and saw a frame on a table - picked it up and asked if the woman new what make it was ?  she said that it was her sons and that he didn't know tha she had brought it - said it was a WTP  and he bought it last year and had just had it freshly powder coated at some cost - got it down to £40 from £60 - i did also wonder if her son meant to sell it, and wasn't going to ride it ? the powder coat must of cost more that half of it ? - just need a quick polish to bring it up and look new !

we the people phoenix 20.6" - i know it's a bit heavier at 5.48lbs - but i would like to make it up, as i have wanted a better ride than my 06 GT - i want to make it light and with a  heavy frame to start with, will have to pick some light parts - 23lbs target weight ? and there's the price/money i have to work on - will have to pick up bit when i can get them cheaper  ;D

the second part was that i got a bike in - a hoffman o5-06 i think - not sure ? but it did come with a set of primo cranks - power bites - there not in a too bad a condition, with only scuff marks from shoes -what's the difference between the power bite and hollow bites ? i know there is a bit of weight difference, but seems not much - do people still run power  ?as i have seen some on primo's , but think they mostly are hollow bites - any thoughts or ideas ?

any thoughts or idea's are most welcome and so is the offer of cheap light parts -

cheers B  :angel:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: carboot find - new project !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:57 AM »
she'll build into a belter!  i've got some as new red Eastern ultra light forks that would look sweet on that!   :daumenhoch:

£35 posted  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:08 AM by pickle »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:05 AM »
 :) Frame`s a sensible weight-not really heavy.Cut down /stump post,36H rims/hubs/10mm front axle,folding tyres can all cut weight down.Hunt around discount cycle websites etc for good lightweight stuff that won`t break the bank.Don`t go daft with it if you`re a heavier/burly rider-reliability still rules for me :daumenhoch:

Got some Eastern Stealth Pro cranks FS too...

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Thats a nice carboot find innit!

I still dream of finding a nice pair of DP ladder bars lying on a table for 99p  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:36 AM »
I did find a PRO Burner for £10 at a carboot once  ;D and that is a ture story

thinking about them pickle  :shocked:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Looks good  :daumenhoch: 5.5lbs frame heavy?! Hollowbites have a hole drilled down the arm & are a slightly different shape, few Ounces lighter other than that pretty much the same as Powerbites, which are great cranks. Should build up 23 lbs easy with the right bits.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:56 AM »
just gave it a polish with Turtle wax bug & tar (degreaser and polisher in one - great stuff) before i get back to work  ;)

come up shop freash  8)

why do they weigh things in three different ways  ::) oz's - grm's - lbs ? - now i got to try and work out as i try to get bits  :-[ ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 12:00 PM »
that looks the dogs nackers does that!   :coolsmiley:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 03:31 PM »
pickel mate - think i'm gonna have to look for some thing a bit lighter - easterns is 2.5 lbs and would like to try and get some thing 1.8lbs to keep the weight down - many thanks for offering them to me - would also like to get some with a 10mm drop out as i have a salt F/wheel thaty i might use

cheers B  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 04:18 PM »
No worries mate, can't say they're that heavy to be honest and they do come with 10mm washers but no worries  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I managed to get this to just under 25lbs which felt good. Powerbite cranks with Ti axle. Biggest weight savings came with kevlar folding tyres, Nearly 2lb in weight difference from Primo The Wall tyres. Seat and post change to pivotal saved another 1lb. 23lb is a low target. Going brakless will help :LolLolLolLol:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 07:12 PM »
I know it sounds strange, but i also notice throw weight ! the weight distribution is a factor for me, as  i have ridden a couple of mates rides that are light, but one had more weight at the bars and forks - the other felt sharper with a better weight distribution
My Pro Burner is 23lbs and feels a good weight to get near - with better and stronger frame/parts it should make for a great ride  ;)

How do you feel on the cranks ? i have some FIT cranks which are in the same vain as power bites (just with FIT on them )on a FIT 04 - when pedaling it has a close to frame feel rotation as the arms are straight - i don't know if i like more of the tubular cranks that have a bit more offset feel to them ! any thoughts ?

nice ride there Gary - brave going brakless - tried once, but never again  :shocked: ;D

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Not really taken any notice of the cranks and offsets, On my race bikes I run Redline cranks. My bike has changed since the pic above, I now have a Colony frame and United Grande bars. My bike seems to have constantly evolved in the years I've had it. I bought a complete custom from the states in May 2007. All I have left from that original purchase now is the wheel set, Crank arms, Stem and sprocket :LolLolLolLol:

madmike-bmx

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48 AM »
 :) dude that frame is sloid!

i had one a while back kinda miss it

was probs better than the sunday i now have :) .../ the cranks tho ! DANG  they are fookin solid ... even pro street riders like steven hamltion ,edwin de la rosa and many more run em

all in all it should be a very nice bike ,... dont worry about the weight as such  cause it dosent matter

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  carboot find - new project !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx