gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 04:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  2010 Scottish Old School Summer Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2010 Scottish Old School Summer Series  (Read 1765 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
2010 Scottish Old School Summer Series
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:39 AM »
After a horrendous winter, cancelling many of the Winter Series rounds and destroying the track surface, we have been working hard to get it ready for the Summer Series.

We are now set for a superb season of racing as Scottish BMX continues to firmly put itself back on the map. The introduction of a second track in Cumbernauld, Glasgow will certainly mix things up and bring more faces, old and new, to the track. With the redevelopment of the Nairn and Musselburgh tracks, the future is looking bright for Scottish BMX. With this in mind, we would like to extend a warm welcome to any rider South of the border who is willing to make the trip. Some of you attended last year and had a great time, I believe. We aslo have regular classes for all ages as well as cruiser and mtb, so whatever your bag were worth the visit.

Race fees are £8 Seniors, £5 Juniors. You will require a BC membership to race, otherwise there is a £5 charge for a day membership. You can blame Scottish Cycling for that one. :knuppel2:

The first date in the Scottish Oldschool calendar for Summer 2010 will be Sunday 18th April at Clydebank, Glasgow so lets see you on the gate. Oh, and the legendary Scottish 'Andy Ruffell' will be there and may even race. Also reigning Old School British Champion - Ian Archibald who will hopefully be back on his bike after his horrific elbow injury at Preston last October.

We are also proud to announce that the new RIDE BMX Club in Cumbernauld, Glasgow are this year to play host to the 2010 Scottish Open Championship - Sunday 5th September.  Regular classes + Oldschool.  More details to follow. So Pencil this date in your diaries as it promises to be a great event. Let's hope the weather gods are kinder to us this year.

The Summer Series dates are currently set as follows, so plently of warning to organise yourselves. Go to titansbmx.co.uk or www.ridebmxracing.ning.com for directions to each track:-

Round 1: 18th APRIL at Titans BMX, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 2PL

Round 2: 2nd MAY at Titans BMX, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 2PL

Round 3: 23rd MAY at RIDE BMX, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 9AG

Round 4: 6th JUNE at Titans BMX, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 2PL

Round 5: 27th JUNE at RIDE BMX, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 9AG

Round 6: 11th JULY at Titans BMX, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 2PL

Round 7: 25th JULY at RIDE BMX, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 9AG

Round 8: 15th AUGUST at Titans BMX, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 2PL

Scottish Open: 5th SEPTEMBER at RIDE BMX, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 9AG
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:08 AM by kuwahero »

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: 2010 Scottish Old School Summer Series
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:56 AM »
sounds good mark,,,i may try for 18th mate

get the mods to make this sticky as owt so we can keep an eye on dates

russ

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Cool,

I might try to get up to a race.  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Nice one guys. We are aware that some of the dates clash with North Regionals, but it was unavoidable as we were trying to avoid the Nationals.

Hopefully some will choose us, over some these races as we are the home of the Old School :4_17_5:

Davey

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Oh no...

A few of these clash with the north reg races that I go to .

When my body lets me I will still continue doing what I was doing last year as I prefer riding the old school north reg races . I will go to the Clydebank and Cumbernauld ones when the dates dont clash.  :)

Also notice there is possible dates for interclub races up our way. If the dates were put to those dates we would not get get much of a clash with the dates from the North reg and that friends would make for more racing for all. Do`nt think that would happen though :-X 

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Sweet, I've been following progress of your tracks.  I had a great weekend racing at Musslebrough BiTD.  I'd like to get to one of your races but that'll depend on circumstances, especially with my van being poorly sick.

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Maybe us Sassenachs should pencil in the Scottish open on the 5th of September - I think the only other race in Sept is the Brits.

If a few of us "southerners"  made the effort for one specific date we could make it a reet good 'un.

stevj

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44 PM »
Hi guys sorry am missing the first few been currently training on dualathlons and missed last Sunday for a scottish athletics javelin course... looking forward to racing though see you soon in June .....

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  2010 Scottish Old School Summer Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx