gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 04:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mid-school Chromoly ONE Competition series...and some help needed.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mid-school Chromoly ONE Competition series...and some help needed.  (Read 821 times)

Spur

I don't visit this site enough.  I have always wanted to branch out and do a non-US mid-school build, so when this early ONE kit became available I grabbed it and had it shipped stateside.  To be honest, I knew ONE was a Dutch company and knew they built top notch framesets but always thought they were a newer company.  I had no idea they had been around for over a decade.  So anyway I have tried contacting ONE a few times and never get a response (I even had my email translated online, maybe it insulted their mother..lol).  I figured since many here are closer geographically that someone could help me out.  I am really trying to pin down the year, obviously late 90's but I am perplexed as to how late.  It is a 1-1/8 thread-less and has a canti cable stop on the stays so that gets me 95-97'ish.  It has no serial number but the fork is stamped 99 02.  I have trouble believing that it still had a canti-cable stop on the seat stays as late as 99, v-brakes were the norm by then.  Unless european frames held on them much later than the US.  The fork is the proper fork to the frame.  Anyone who knows anything about these or can point me in the direction of someone who does would be greatly appreciated.

The kit is pretty awesome  and came with a ONE VG type post clamp, ONE stem and some burly 4 piece bars (I assume ONE issued).  Also instead of a star nut in the fork, is uses a press-fit brass plug threaded for the top cap bolt. Here are some pics of the set, it is going to get a proper era correct build up and hoping to find a few Dutch bits to use on it as well.  Again thanks for any insight anyone can share.

HEYWOOD BMX

:) Try Kenny Hunter 6061 through here or ASV Sports,he may be able to shed some light on it :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
sorry i can't shed any light on your frame mate but it's a well nice find  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mid-school Chromoly ONE Competition series...and some help needed.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx