gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 09:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burner confirmation please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Burner confirmation please  (Read 1118 times)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
Burner confirmation please
« on: August 27, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Guy's and Gal's ive just picked up this Burner not my cup of tea so i dont know a great deal about them so i need your help to tell me if this is TOTALLY original which i think it is.
I know this it's an 85 Raleigh Burner Series.
I was told by the person i bought it of that they bought it for there son when he was 7 he rode it for a few years and then it was hung up in the garage until today, He still live's at home and now is over 30 and told me nothing was ever replaced not even the tyres.

So has anyone got any info to this bike please. cheers

WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Burner confirmation please
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32 PM »
It looks original to me.
Post some pics up on either http://www.raleighburner.com/phpBB2/
http://www.burnerworldforum.co.uk/

They'l give you some info ;)

N13L VV

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36 PM »
its tecnically not a burner but uses a burner frame n forks, its a BMX series in rico grey . They were built to use up the left over burner frames . Looks a nice example also. ;)

ashley

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Its a Rico Grey, one of the BMX Series range which was part of the new Styler launch after the Raleigh Burner phase slowed down and Raleigh attempted to try and get back into the BMX market, using left over parts! This model was one of the first issues from the new launch of Styler ranges.

All present and correct except for the pedals really. Although Raleigh did use any parts available to complete these bike, just the majority come usually with plastic SR pedals!! Notice the alloy brake levers with chrome calipers!!!lol

Still looks in great condition and is a Mk2 Raleigh Burner frame set (has the R cut outs).  Great find.

Ash
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:52 PM by ashley »

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Cheers peeps yeah i did find one picture in the end and i agree plastic pedals but everything else works out so maybe they did come on it when bought?
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burner confirmation please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx