gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 02:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  on one
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: on one  (Read 11836 times)

ben manuel

Re: on one
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Hi,

The headtube and bb are machined, not sure on the welding of the frame weather its hand or machine but will ask, the frame i got had not oversparay on either the HS or BB,

ill take some pics of the weld quality so you can have a better look at it,like a div i was too excited to build it and didnt weight it, i was riding a standard 250L and this felt slightly lighter, also the blow holes on the tubing is machined out as much is possible so still to allow maximum strength but save weight.

ben

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 12:29 PM »
just had a look at the frame and it dosent look bad :daumenhoch: just a std looking bmx frame (as most are these days)

it wont be tempting me off my s&m (only standard & gt with the fueler have managed that back in 1994!)

you cant compare haro & gt to on one when it comes to companies who make bmx and mtb

haro and gt made bmx first then branched into mtb

on one made mtb and have branched into bmx so it is always going to look like they are cashing in esp to the older generation of riders

ben manuel

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02 PM »
I totally agree but none the less these companies make both and im sure most mtb riders wont say GT are cashing in on their market.

i could understand if this frame was being made at an expensive price point but its not, and the reasons for making it are genuine, sure my boss wants to make money as every business does but its aimed for riders who cant afford a frame of similar design and quality but much cheaper.

surly thats not a bad thing?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12 PM »

I ride an Octane one jump frame, its a third of the cost of a Blk Mkt MOB frame and half most of that sectors top sellers, it weighs less than the majority of them and rides super nice and up to now is bombproof. As you say, this is no bad thing so fair play :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

gobshite

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 01:16 PM »
theres so little money in bmx compared to mtb and road bikes so the old adage of "cashing in" doesnt really make sense here,

as most on here know, i'm the first to rip the arse out of the big corporates for muscleing in on bmx but i'm not going to be so trigger happy with this one,

on-one hand ;) heres a uk frame company taking an interest in making a decent bmx frame at an accesible and very realistic price point,

on-the other :-\ if theres any money to be made from bmx i'd ideally like it to stay in bmx,

but tbh, mike has a similar approach with dialled making mtb frames and both his frame types are very good and well respected,
if on-one are going to make a simple, durable and well designed bmx frame at less than £200 then fooking good for them,

over and above though, i'd rather ANY money at went to a small uk company than the shite-arse corporates like haro and gt, that be honest, have NOTHING positive to do with bmx these days.

ben manuel

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 02:46 PM »

Hi,

considering ive been giving the youth of yorkshire somewhere to ride and skate for over 13years ive only pushed for this frame of an extension of giving something back to the kids/youth that support what is the bmx market.

im so passionate about making this frame as good as it can be because it has my name on it and i dont want it dragging through the mud.

like i said its a less is more approach, at least im not making t-shirts and stickers and saying ive another new bmx company/brand!

i really appreciate all your feedback and comments

ben

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Ben, in terms of bikes is your park bmx only or do you allow 24/26" wheels?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

ben manuel

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 03:14 PM »
everything is allowed wheel size within reason, no racers! :)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 03:51 PM »
  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 04:03 PM »
 8) sounds good. welcome to rad ben  :daumenhoch:

ben manuel

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 05:11 PM »
thanks guys

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Sorry but i'd rather...

stay behind your computers and reminisce about the good ol days jumping your se race bike at your track with your mates

:P

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46 PM »
you were doing so well until this line

"reminisce about the good ol days jumping your se race bike at your track with your mates "

I still jump my SE race bike (pre fuji of course) at the track with my mates thanks  :daumenhoch:

I would say 90% of people on here dont give a toss about new school AND if I were looking at buying british I hear Brian Curtis has picked up his torch for two years so know where my money would go

Dingo
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:49 PM by dingobmxer »

ben manuel

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 05:50 PM »
That line wasent aimed at everyone i was more venting at how people can make judgements on a frame that they have no understanding of,

dont get me wrong the main reason i ride my bmx is because of my friends and i love that aspect! pack the car few beers and ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!

motomagII

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20 PM »
mm road trip by old schoolers is needed here me thinks to indoor park in winter on lock in saturday ???????????????????

we can all have ride of your frame too then
 :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 10:03 PM »
the way i see it is the majority of bmx'ers (old and midschoolers) dont like mtb companies getting involved in bmx, those of us who rode in the late 80's and early 90's remember when alot of companies no longer bothered with bmx as the  sport was deemed "dead" and there was no more money in it for them

when the next time the sport is classed as "dead" we shall see which companies run as soon as the  :10_2_12:

i bet all the mtb companies will stop making bmx's and concentrate on their mtb sales (same goes for a certian mainstream shoe company)

not having a go just stating facts that make us older rider very weary of people from outside the sport coming in and getting someone to be the face of their company for bmx (the whole dibbly thing just recently)

Andy

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Never been able to work out multi quote but whoever said you can't buy a decent frame for less than £300-£400

Er, yes you can, just do some research, Amity have the new Cam Hardy sig frame coming out at £205, The new Fit Wi-Fi is £220. I could go on and on.

Anyway good luck with your frame but I reckon you should re think some stuff, glow in the dark paint?? and also your built in chain tug things, I dont know anybody who runs chain tensions anymore, I know Sunday have them in their frames but I cant see the point.

Lastly I would re write the whole internet page as it sounds read condecending, I showed some as you would say "kids" at the shop and they were like wtf?? And other comments like with glow in the dark paint maybe you should call it the Ben 10mx then you will really get the "kids"

Best of luck with it all and lets see this time next year how its going

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 12:28 AM »
Good luck Ben, don`t take any comments to heart, just do your best and that should be enough  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

ben manuel

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 11:06 AM »
thanks for the comments if some are alittle negative ish, i was stating that there isnt many frames on the market aimed at a cheaper price point, what you have to remember that this frame is a sample, the paint is,the taperlock all just testing nothing finalised.

if you guys want to get together and have a road trip over and stay on a saturday night then your welcome to do so, test the frame get some beers and have a good time!

bmx wont fall on its arse again its too big now,the potential for the olympics etc it will never struggle like it did, it may decline but its too big a business especially in the US.

agreed the comments on the web can seem condescending but it was very tongue in cheek and aimed at giving me a dig over riding a 20incher! 

cant please all the people all the time!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 01:26 PM »
A road trip lock in.sounds awesome Ben! Can you email or PM me your details and we can sort something out  :daumenhoch:

ben manuel

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 02:12 PM »
give me a call to discuss, 07969906826  ben

motomagII

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 05:48 PM »
yeah january 2011 lock in sounds ace . :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2010, 07:05 PM »
where is your park Ben? how big ect.....

Rad do up North would be cool

Dingo

motomagII

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28 PM »
im sure its sort of out of wakefield past ackworth etc cant remember village name at moment .hemsworth?????emsall ?? summat like that

bof

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Not a valid vimeo URL
Pitwheels?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  on one

gfxgfx
gfx gfx