gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975583 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 01, 2024, 10:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Show (bring whatever?)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bournemouth Show (bring whatever?)  (Read 3448 times)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Bournemouth Show (bring whatever?)
« on: August 23, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Please nobody take this the wrong way.

I hope that in spite of some very pristine bikes going down to Bournemouth this coming weekend that people here won't be put off bringing whatever bikes they have.

It would be great to see just what is out there! After all this is not America where bikes fall out of trash cans on a daily basis, this is the UK where finding sort afeter bmx bikes can mean more than just posting an add in the local paper.

I personally will be bringing fours bikes of various condition (all riders, just cleaned up).

So again bring whatever and lets make it the big one!

See you all Monday!

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Bournemouth Show (bring whatever?)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Maybe I should have made this a question instead?

Does everyone want to see lots of bikes as opposed to only show bikes?

Answers on a post card to:..........

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Nice one Diesel. your right just bring anything you can ,bikes, parts,anything to do with oldschool BMX, condition dosn't matter .It will all make for a better day the more stuff you bring. see ya monday.......

jon016847

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 11:13 AM »
I can't make it, but If I was going, 

I would have brought my Trusty old Ammaco  -not much to look at , but a good rider !!!

Bring all you can - make it a great day for all, and take some pics !

retrogeezer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:22 AM »
With you all the way on this Dan.

I do like showbikes and appreciate the time and effort that has gone into them - even have a couple myself.

BUT, building them is expensive and a lot of people don't have the money to do it.

I personally really like 'survivor' bikes, just stripped down, cleaned, re-greased and rebuilt.....they have history behind them and a story to tell.

Bring whatever you have, Burner/Piranha/DP/Halfords/Hutch etc - every one is cool in it's own way.

As an aside, look how cool it is in the VW scene at the moment to have the 'rat' look......beetles and buses that are battle scarred. People just make sure they are roadworthy, coat them in wax and drive em!

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I am not taking a show bike, I am taking a rider, like all my bikes.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 11:40 AM »
I'm taking the Patterson and my two riders. The Patterson isn't in Lee's league though, just thought people might like to see it.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 12:57 PM »
hell yea , that why i am running the worthy winners class , to credit some of these true old school classics. I will bring the burner along , may leave the show pieces at home for this one , you have all seen the baby blue quad anyway

ratty bikes are cool

Rich

QuadPaul

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Couldn't agree more, we want to see the most old school bikes whatever make / condition. Can't wait, bring on Bourenmouth!!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 01:41 PM »
i haven`t got any show queen`s ready yet so only ratty`s coming and as retro says unrestored bikes have history .i be bring a ratty bike and might have a show queen ready at mo it`s looking like a no .
i love unrestored bikes more than show`s queens what with the history with them not that i don`t like a show bike
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Rooonga

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 01:35 PM »
I'll be bringing my Torker 20" and my 1984 GT Cruiser.

None of which are show worthy. (The Torker's wheels are soooo crap!) But they ride good, and are great fun.

Will there be a 24" class for the racing as well as a 20" does anyone know? (Or all together?) I am hoping for enough riders to have a couple of classes.

:)

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:00 PM »
There was enough for a cruiser class last year, and I think a few more people have bought one since then.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 05:24 PM »
good luck!

i tried to do it last year, by the time i had finished the cruiser class my 20" class was on the gate :D

i had to sack the cuiser after 5 consecutive races and no rest, i won the first cruiser race, by the third race i was last

its not like the old days where you get 20 motos between classes

maybe if we had 10 minutes between 20" and cruiser, not 1 moto!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 07:21 PM »
I was going to bring my Cruiser, but I'm not sure I'll bother now. What with my two 20" bikes (old and new school) I'll have too much going on to be thinking about a cruiser as well.

Rooonga

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 07:35 PM »
This looks like it will be a lot bigger than the Festival of BMX last year!

Hopefully we will have a bit of time between races to get our breath back. (I tried to race arsed and not arsed - lasted 3 moto's in a row then died! I only finished the last N A races and watched the arsed boyz.)

So who is definately goin then???

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 08:21 PM »
sorry i didnt want to put anyone off, maybe there wil be more motos this time, plus last year the weather sucked so they got a move on with the races, lets hopes its nicer so we can have all day racing

i'd still bring ya cruisers, especially now the track has changed, it did feel safer on a cruiser!

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 07:46 AM »
I did look at a forecast for Bournemouth yesterday and the weather does look like it is getting better. Fingers crossed there will be sun instead of rain.

troll

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 11:26 AM »
a little cloudy down ere at the mo, but its not raining, and its brightening up just for  Monday :-)

See you all there, I off to go borrow a bike rack for the car.

Mark

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Show (bring whatever?)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx