gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 08:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  WHITENING TYRES
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WHITENING TYRES  (Read 2182 times)

zombie_jesus

WHITENING TYRES
« on: June 04, 2011, 01:51 PM »
One is more dull than the other(the one in the foreground). What do other folks use in this situation?

oldskooldayz

Re: WHITENING TYRES
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:32 PM »
What a horrible set of tyres

how much do you want for them  :LolLolLolLol:

very nice them indeed

i washed a set of white tyres with that swarfega stuff for cleaning grease off your hands and they came out very nice indeed

not sure what others use

zombie_jesus

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:37 PM »
 :2funny: you had me for a moment. i cleaned with hot water. in this was a lil bleach, laundry powder, stardrops  ::) and one other thing. i scrubbed with an abrasive sponge. something happened, but not much. swarfega you say...? i'ma try that. thanks a lot

ozone

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:29 PM »
:2funny: you had me for a moment. i cleaned with hot water. in this was a lil bleach, laundry powder, stardrops  ::) and one other thing. i scrubbed with an abrasive sponge. something happened, but not much. swarfega you say...? i'ma try that. thanks a lot

When tyres get old, they darken in colour.  My guess is that one has dried out faster than the other - if that's the case, no amount of scrubbing will cure that. 

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 04:31 PM »
white jif and scrubbing does good for dirt... but if they are as Ozone suggests they could be then you are stuck with 'em like it  :-X
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

oldskooldayz

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 04:32 PM »
 ::)

correct

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 04:34 PM »
could stick em in the dishwasher as have cleaned grips in there and they came up well? i used some cif on some panaracers and that cleaned em up a bit

some more pics of the ex?? wont brighten the tyres but will cheer us lot up a treat  :D

oldskooldayz

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 04:44 PM »

some more pics of the ex?? wont brighten the tyres but will cheer us lot up a treat  :D

::)

what he said  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 06:56 PM »
soft scrub from the U.S its the b0ll0x  :daumenhoch:

zombie_jesus

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 02:58 PM »
could stick em in the dishwasher as have cleaned grips in there and they came up well? i used some cif on some panaracers and that cleaned em up a bit

thanks for your help fellas. i think that they're not going to get any whiter that they are now... tried ajax creme, then sprinkled some ajax powder with bleach onto that and scrubbed the hell out of it. not much change but it's acceptable.

i dont mind to share these. not much left of the decent ones. the rest are all kinda vulgar  >:D

the 'current'. im addicted to cute dames...  :P

rad_pitt

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:30 AM »
Feel free to send any unwanted 'vulgar' pics this way  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  WHITENING TYRES

gfxgfx
gfx gfx