gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 06:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay  (Read 8011 times)

oldskooldayz

Re: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 10:50 AM »
DO NOTHING......you can't police it.
Who is going to ban people.....the 'community'?

We all saw what the 'community' thought of Tellis dibbing those Supergooses yesterday.
He got accused of dibbing em to split on ebay just because he's a newish member.

Who wouldn't have dibbed them at that price? No-one. Just so happened Tellis got there first and he bore the brunt of a complete
waste of a thread which should have been shelved as soon as the bad blood started to flow.
A joke gone too far in my opinion.

I believe thats why we buy 'Site Supporters' Tags isn't it? So we can buy and sell freely?

Steve you have hit the nail on the head mate  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17 AM »

I personally think many of the problems with high prices for BMX parts are simply because a lot of people think that there is only 1 type of part for their bike.  For example, I see way too many bikes that have MX1000 brakes, Tuff Neck stems, Kashimax aero seats, Redline flight cranks and because of this the sellers of these items ask top dollar for them.  There were loads of different (and better) components used bitd, that you can find for a hell of a lot less than the 'popular' (read common) items.  

can I interest anyone in a lightly-used Elina UL?

;D :angel:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Sad to say this is yet another thread that was started by a very respectable RADSTER  and has been taken the wrong way.
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=106591.0

"SO WHY SHOULD I BUY A SUPPORTER TAG ? " "WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT ?" for less than £1 a month,you get this and more
1) Ability to sell and trade BMX items in the Market Place - hitting your target without the cost of ebay .........

im with Andy on this one guys , most people sell items on rad at a fair price , they dont need want the part any more and offer it to us radsters at a fair price. if after a day or so if it hasnt sold most radsters either bump their thread and openly say if it dont sell here this time its going on the bay . Weve all had a fair chance to buy it then. once on ebay these parts can go for daft money , but thats ebay ... some times you win some times you lose.
I think Rooski's point is simply..... some people have come on to RAD  to exploit the kinder fairer RADSTERS  who sell /pass on their parts at a fair price just to profit and that is spoiling it for us all ...... they hang around buy the bargains with no intention at all to "build" anything and then stick it on ebay to make 1 a profit and 2 increase the price of parts generally.
if this carries on soon people wont bother selling on RAD and every part youve ever wanted /needed will only be available on EBAY then well all be HACKED off coz we will have to pay top dollar for everything . :-\

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Having just read the Supergeese thread, and seen the insults aimed at TELLIS302000, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by it.
I think I'm well out of the polishing and profiteering scene.
If I do come across any miraculous finds that I don't want to keep, then they will be offered to my buddies who've helped me and family - with due consideration to people who are fans of particular brands etc  :daumenhoch:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 11:53 AM »
first paragraph of stidds comments absolutely spot on  :daumenhoch:

and griff- no body wants your sh11ty seat,snake post combo's  :LolLolLolLol:  ;)

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 12:01 PM »
"SO WHY SHOULD I BUY A SUPPORTER TAG ? " "WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT ?" for less than £1 a month,you get this and more
1) Ability to sell and trade BMX items in the Market Place - hitting your target without the cost of ebay .........

My interpretation of the above simply means that you have to pay no ebay fees?....it doesnt mean your entitled get things any cheaper or be forced
to sell things any cheaper on here....

I can see the problem with whats happening for sure.....but its up to the seller to use their discretion and if they believe the buyer is in it to make a quick buck then its
up to the seller to decline the sale on those grounds. Thats if they want to of course? I sell my stuff on here for what I want to sell it for and if someone wants to pay me
that price then it goes......if it doesnt sell on here then ebay it is.

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Well i gotta say guys, some of the last comments have restored a bit of faith in me thinking that not everybody on here has lost the plot!

Yesterday was just pathetic in my eyes and should have never been instigated in the first place, there was just no need.

I wont go on about it but its just nice to know that things are not all one sided in this place.

Antony

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Firstly, TELLIS, "Yesterday was just pathetic in my eyes and should have never been instigated in the first place, there was just no need." YOU instigated it Tellis by assuming that someone meant you. END OF.

Secondly, I have been on Rad for about 5 months now. I came on here to gather hints tips and advice on obtaining BMX parts. On becoming a supporter, I started to realise that I could buy parts cheaper on here than on Ripoffbay, with members bidding on their own parts  :knuppel2: I could quite easily have started to buy this stuff and sell on ebay to make a profit. BUT, I feel that, it's what is inside the person that makes the difference and those who are greedy or just plain arrogant to a hobby such as this, are the ones who are destroying it. The bubble will burst guys, just like the world finance crisis.

IMO, those who state that its the buyers perogative to do as he wishes with parts obtained are right. BUT DON'T TAKE THE P*SS out of others when re-selling. You will kill this hobby and just move on to something else, like a leech.

I have met a good few members on here that are not in this for money but for love of BMX. TOP DRAW.

As for pricing, if we as a seller keep pushing up the prices to obtain certain items, Tuf Neck, MX900/MX1000 etc etc, the only people who will be able to afford to carry on building are those in top earning positions. I see on here an MX1000 go for around £60 to then find a week later that an MX1000 will cost me £70. Who decides on the price? We do as a buyer. Stop buying them, the prices will fall or people will just be lumbered with it.

BANNED

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28 PM »
You cant police it and i dont think it's right to ban peeps for it! easy really if you dont like it remember the users name and dont sell to them.
I do alot of buying and selling on gaybay to fund my projects mainly because nothing sells for me on here!
I have also sold whole original bmx's on gaybay to members from here for a good price and they have spilt the bike and sold in parts for a profit on gaybay I HATE THAT but hey i got the money i wanted so i cant really have a problem.

WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Londonhellboy@

If you cant see that the post was directed at me then well you are an  :idiot2:, i did'nt instigate anything, i dibbed some bikes!  END OF

Get a life pal or get back to ki55ing 'community' ass.

A

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I have noticed there are a few people who buy stuff on here then immediatly sell on Ebay just for profit,these parts are often bought by Radsters,who missed out on them cos they were,nt lookin that minute >:(

These people generally put nothing back into Rad >:(

So......do we "Out" the culprits,so no one sells to them, or ban them from the site,or do we sit back and do nothing ???

Discuss.

Name them........

the man whos just bought your mx1000 caliper :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

CHROMO4130

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Honestly, do you not see how Gay this thread is  ???

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 02:14 PM »
It was for sale, nobody dibbed it, it was cheap at £35 for all you people who say keep the prices cool, somebody dibbed it and bought it.....WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT, ITS A FOR SALE SECTION!!!???

Dont need to tell me how GAY the thread is.....its crazy ridiculous!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Londonhellboy@

If you cant see that the post was directed at me then well you are an  :idiot2:, i did'nt instigate anything, i dibbed some bikes!  END OF

A

I will not be drawn into some stupid argy with you Tellis as that is what you seem to be doing to people of lately.

As for getting a life hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Maybe you should heed your own words PAL!
BANNED

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Honestly, do you not see how Gay this thread is  ???

:LolLolLolLol:

Ace comment, how gay?  ;D

What a bunch of fooking flids we are  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Londonhellboy@

If you cant see that the post was directed at me then well you are an  :idiot2:, i did'nt instigate anything, i dibbed some bikes!  END OF

A

I will not be drawn into some stupid argy with you Tellis as that is what you seem to be doing to people of lately.

As for getting a life hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Maybe you should heed your own words PAL!

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL??????

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Londonhellboy@

A

You coming on the London ride? You will see how real I am fella  :-*
BANNED

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Londonhellboy@

A

You coming on the London ride? You will see how real I am fella
That a threat?

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Londonhellboy@

If you cant see that the post was directed at me then well you are an  :idiot2:, i did'nt instigate anything, i dibbed some bikes!  END OF

A

That a threat?
Grow up
BANNED

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Londonhellboy@

A

That a threat?
Grow up

Well is it a threat? I asked you a simple question.....

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 02:30 PM »
shall we just fook the for sale section off and use vertego
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2011, 02:31 PM »
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Fooks sake lads!
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2011, 02:37 PM »
you would all be hipicrates if you said youve never sold anything for money than you bought it for,  and anyway isnt it a gamble selling on ebay, you could easily lose out....

i did it diliberately when i bought a kuwi ET, i bought it simply to makle someone happy (having a mint ET) and make a couple of quid...  paid £400, spent £70 on powder, £20 on decals then spent all day using my paints to get the colour and fade right, i made very little money, certainly not enough for a days wage, and i just as easily could have been stuck with it...

:)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx