gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 12:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro, skateboards!?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro, skateboards!?  (Read 13108 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Haro, skateboards!?
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2011, 04:30 PM »
 ;D used to work in Surrey's John was not a owner to give any thing free  ::) ;D  and if it was, iot had to be some thing he had loads of and wanted to get us lot to promote so the other skaters would buy it  ;D

wheels of fire was cool as well

had a mike Mcgill with the carbon sheet in it to make it stronger  ::) 

yup natas board had a nice pop  >:D  good olllier

I remember Jonh had a load of H-street decks in stock the fish tail big nose cross - then all the double nose smaller boards came out and he didn't know whaty to do with them - so he got a load of cheap smaller trucks and cut a new school, shape out of all of those H-street decks (all up in smoke  ;D) now they would be worth shed loads and more then he sold the cheap cut up boards for  :idiot2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38 PM »
yep i had the bonite mcgill board in pink and lovely board but destroyed itself when got wet . worth a bloody fortune now if nos
oh and surrey skates did change my board for free . i used to go through boards once a month due to wrecking them as full on street skater . was better on a board than bmx bitd, should have stuck with it instead on keeping swapping between board and bmx
no1stuntmaster on instagram

renegaderacer

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2011, 08:45 PM »
The S.M.A NATAS decks were brilliant,built for popping ollies!does anyone remember his section in 'streets of fire'?! where he ollies the fire hydrant?? :crazy2:

I've got Streets of Fire on DVD. Absolutely loved it when it came out! Great sound track too with an awsome pre-Rollins Black Flag to get you hyped up!   :daumenhoch:

My mate got a new MgGill for his birthday and we all went for a skate and he mislanded a kick-flip and the board shot into the road and a Jag ran it over, snapped it in two and just carried on! We took it back to Mayfair Skates and tried to claim he ollied down some steps and it snapped when he landed but that was obviously crap as it had big sump shaped guages out of the top of it.  :2funny: He ended up with a Lance Mountain funnily enough!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2011, 09:11 PM »
my brand new Nicky Guerrero got run over after it went int the road - car hit it and pinged up in the air about 15 foot flipping - the driver just carried on - think he may have thought he hit some one  :shocked:  deck was alright in the end  ;D  driver must of near sh!t himself  ;D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2011, 07:45 AM »
The S.M.A NATAS decks were brilliant,built for popping ollies!does anyone remember his section in 'streets of fire'?! where he ollies the fire hydrant?? :crazy2:

I've got Streets of Fire on DVD. Absolutely loved it when it came out! Great sound track too with an awsome pre-Rollins Black Flag to get you hyped up!   :daumenhoch:

My mate got a new MgGill for his birthday and we all went for a skate and he mislanded a kick-flip and the board shot into the road and a Jag ran it over, snapped it in two and just carried on! We took it back to Mayfair Skates and tried to claim he ollied down some steps and it snapped when he landed but that was obviously crap as it had big sump shaped guages out of the top of it.  :2funny: He ended up with a Lance Mountain funnily enough!

mayfair skates in north cheam if so he didn`t have a dark red lance mountain did he ?

renegaderacer

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 08:06 AM »
That's the place. Can't remember what colour it was though but I'm sure he's still got it!  ;D

ukoldschool

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Who can name this board from the graphics ?  or what was left of them  ;D  90's

No idea on the model, but its a new deal the deadbolts and shapemake it 91 or 92, but the wheels are a bit big for the time

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2011, 12:08 PM »
seem to remember Rodriguez ?

had so many they some times slip the mind  ;D

stil liked my Lopez ~ was that smiditt or circle A ?

and my big ROCCO - poo bear with the shades  8)

I remember have a Mike McGill with the carbon - it was fourth hand when i got it - used it for some time and sold it - 4 years later skating past some kid in the street and seeing it again - had the same grip tape i did and it was still going  :shocked: if not a little smaller  ;D

part time

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2011, 12:13 PM »

and my big ROCCO - poo bear with the shades  8)

I had the t-shirt!

Had a go on my Schmitt Miller the other day, lovely board, can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere on the net, only what I think was the previous version.  Had a front kicktail sort of arrangement, not the full on popsicle shape, came just before it I seem to remember.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:15 PM by part time »

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2011, 12:15 PM »
look for him  8)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I've had a couple of nice decks over the last few years:

Both cost me about a fiver each from car boot sales- both sold for a little more than that  :daumenhoch:

Vision - Colour my Friends

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2011, 12:28 PM »
 :) Nice sticker collection:) Spotted a Cockroach Wheels decal-Australian IIRC? Did RAD mag  have a comp for what you could spell using SINAC stickers? One thing I`d love to get my hands on would be some Gutterslut or SM5D zines.I used to go to Surrrey a lot and also Slam City when they were at Rough Trade-half of my vinyl came from there :daumenhoch:

ukoldschool

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44 PM »
That Benji was sweet Dan!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Might have some mags up for sale or swap  :angel:

It's strange, as i come from Guildford, we had the Guildford Loc's seen - from the young years down the youth club were we started to learn to skate and teach the hard lads (who know give respect for helping them all those years ago ) to the ramps that turned up / got riped up / made up again time and time again - so many years of skating with different peeps over the years - when i see a deck/ graphics i know who skated it and what the scene was at the time  ???

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46 PM »
My framed Powell collage from years ago.

hooga1975

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 02:21 PM »
This thread got me looking on ebay for old school skateboard stuff.

I saw this t-shirt and had to buy it in both colours.  I always wanted one back in the day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290645632739'ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_532wt_1178

I wish I still had all my RAD mags.  I had every issue from Oct 87 until about June 92 when I stopped skating.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2011, 02:46 PM »
nice boards dan and those gullwing trucks are worth a few quid  ;)
only reason i ask about the lance in north cheam as remember buying one bitd from some one in n cheam who hardly skated it ,i don`t know what i did with it when gave up. 
i used to skate new malden surrey all the time as local spot and skate southbank ,kennington and we were always building ramps somewhere ,champions in new malden was always having wood taken  ::)

renegaderacer

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47 PM »
I'm gutted I threw out most of my RAD magazines now.  :(

Still got the one where they printed my picture and letter though!  ;D

Can't remember what one it is off the top of my head but it had Rune Glifberg nose picking the bin at Rom on the cover.  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47 PM »
This thread got me looking on ebay for old school skateboard stuff.

I saw this t-shirt and had to buy it in both colours.  I always wanted one back in the day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290645632739'ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_532wt_1178

I wish I still had all my RAD mags.  I had every issue from Oct 87 until about June 92 when I stopped skating.

that tee is sick,ive just ordered one too!used to live for the day when R.A.D came out!! :daumenhoch:

hooga1975

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2011, 03:53 PM »
I found this blog a while back.  It is written by someone that used to work on R.A.D
There are complete scans of a few of the issues from back in the day.  I used to read it from cover to cover and my bedroom was covered in posters from the mag so it was a real trip down memory lane.

http://www.whenwewasrad.co.uk/

deeman

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2011, 04:01 PM »
cool link!!i'd love an anarchic adjustment tee aswell!i had the stickers bitd! :daumenhoch:

part time

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I had a bit of Insane clobber back in the day, in particular a hoody with a Tortoise on it, I loved that hoody.  It genuinely impressed girls, well, one girl anyway  ;)
I think it was an offshoot of SM5D?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:16 PM by part time »

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2011, 05:26 PM »
got most of the rad mags still . that one with curtis mccann  ,i remember when he came to new malden and he was good but there was a few of us that was as good as him bitd . he was lucky getting the mzone deal

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I had a bit of Insane clobber back in the day, in particular a hoody with a Tortoise on it, I loved that hoody.  It genuinely impressed girls, well, one girl anyway  ;)
I think it was an offshoot of SM5D?

Think Insane was Ged Wells creation? Remember Grova from Harrow having a short lived clothing line called Popanollie.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:14 PM by VOIVOD »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2011, 09:24 PM »
I only ever had one board, and was worse on that than I was on a BMX!!! Here she is

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro, skateboards!?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx