gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  When building a Hutch?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: When building a Hutch?  (Read 14523 times)

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
Re: When building a Hutch?
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Lay out yer parts in one shot, then we can see what went into it in one go  ;)

AGayGuffs bike is layed out all over London  :2funny:

A little humour to lighten up the thread, that's more like it.

Cheers Bendy

You Tit
Nice one bendy.... :fart:
Griff loves BUM..

In2 bmx

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02 PM »
It's sad that people are posting about a bike in bits rather than one that's built up , complete and finished IMO ..

No matter what bike it is !!  ???

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 09:22 PM »
if you got it - show it

some times a bike can be shown in parts being built up in a thread

some times it's nice to show all the parts in there glory

it can be a burner to a hutch

we are all here for bmx - if we were all the same it would be boring  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 09:36 PM »
they just wanna show off!! self gratification and no doubt they get lots of glory to lounge in.. selfish and greedy in my eyes.. i would nt even want a hutch i dont think because of this type of thing !!  :LolLolLolLol: :coolsmiley:

For some reason there tends to be more of s snobbery against Hutch ,,rather than a one from owners

The hating comments usually come from people with Calis  and Burners

Why ?

Is it because some think £500 is the max anyone should spend on build

You can have bikes that have cost around £200 and they've been faves  :smitten:

but then also  had to pay the same for a stem for another guild

They certainly aren't the most expensive parts ,, you can build a Pro racer up for the same price as a nice Ripper

Many of the Hutch parts were respected by Pro riders , particularly , the pedals and stems  and for a good reason

Rich Hutchins wanted to make his parts better than other brands , look better, lighter, and better quality

is that a bad thing

Some people want a Ford Mondeo ,,some people want a Porsche

Most aren't bothered and like ALL BMX ,,, that's the way it should be  :daumenhoch:  :angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Do you think if I laid out my 77 Cook Bros and all the parts it would get the same reaction as a Hutch ? Prsonally I don't think it would although most of the parts apart from the cranks cost far more than a Hutch.

Plus if you lay out a high end 70's build it would'nt get the same comments as the Hutch thing, even though most of the parts take a huge amount of hunting / begging to get hold of and plenty of them are far from cheap. £200 for a brake lever for eg. Perhaps its becuase most are not familiar with the components !  ??? Anyway I'm not anti or pro the whole layout thing its your bike and you have earned the cash to pay for the bits so show them off how you like  :)
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Fancy a Berm  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Why you speaking like Inspector Clouseau ?  ;D
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 10:15 PM »

Why you speaking like Inspector Clouseau ?  ;D

Fookin  :LolLolLolLol:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 10:18 PM »
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Griff loves BUM..

In2 bmx

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Do you think if I laid out my 77 Cook Bros and all the parts it would get the same reaction as a Hutch ? Prsonally I don't think it would although most of the parts apart from the cranks cost far more than a Hutch.

Plus if you lay out a high end 70's build it would'nt get the same comments as the Hutch thing, even though most of the parts take a huge amount of hunting / begging to get hold of and plenty of them are far from cheap. £200 for a brake lever for eg. Perhaps its becuase most are not familiar with the components !  ??? Anyway I'm not anti or pro the whole layout thing its your bike and you have earned the cash to pay for the bits so show them off how you like  :)
spot on Ash .. :daumenhoch: 70's bikes take far more time and care to source . Try and find a Nos 78 quilted  Elina   Or comp 2's ^"^

What I'm saying is there will be more posts talking about the bits laid out on the floor from this hutch than comments in the the thread with Adams awesome bike finished in its glory ..

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 10:31 PM »

spot on Ash .. :daumenhoch: 70's bikes take far more time and care to source . Try and find a Nos 78 quilted  Elina   Or comp 2's ^"^

What I'm saying is there will be more posts talking about the bits laid out on the floor from this hutch than comments in the the thread with Adams awesome bike finished in its glory ..
It's bloody nice.. Good fella :daumenhoch: and Well said mate. Fancy a bum :-*
Griff loves BUM..

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 10:41 PM »
if it helps it costs no more for a top end paint job for a hutch than it does a burner, to me

both are an old skool icon and both get exactly the same prep and finish, like all the collectors

i put a 110% into getting the best finish, each to there own and all deserve the respect that the

owners put into resourcing, there vision of there build and the restoration, hutch, Pooch or burner

all are old skool bmx :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

In2 bmx

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 10:49 PM »
if it helps it costs no more for a top end paint job for a hutch than it does a burner, to me

both are an old skool icon and both get exactly the same prep and finish, like all the collectors

i put a 110% into getting the best finish, each to there own and all deserve the respect that the

owners put into resourcing, there vision of there build and the restoration, hutch, Pooch or burner

. Good to hear Dan .. You have a 79 and and 86 coming your way this week from me ..  ;) :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Dan.. That's puch! Not Pooch.. My tops might look like there sprayed on :LolLolLolLol:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 11:01 PM »

. Good to hear Dan .. You have a 79 and and 86 coming your way this week from me ..  ;) :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:  just an example of what i loved restoring last year, loved all the chat and how we could get

the wheels stripped and back to original ect and the bike looking fresh and new, this was one of the many

not top end spec bikes that where an absolute joy :)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Dan.. That's puch! Not Pooch.. My tops might look like there sprayed on :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:  puch  Pooch  all the same to me, i must learn to spell properly ;D

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12 PM »

:daumenhoch:  just an example of what i loved restoring last year, loved all the chat and how we could get

the wheels stripped and back to original ect and the bike looking fresh and new, this was one of the many

what is that Dan? :)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 11:13 PM »
To be honest I think some folks are missing the point a bit. Of course a thread on a 70's bmx isn't going to get a huge amount of interest against some of the other builds. That's not to say that they are not appreciated or built to lesser standard. It's becouse the majority of users on rad never had a bmx in the 70's. They were in the 80's when bmx really found its footing and started to develop into different fields such as race and freestyle.  They are going to relate to bikes from the 80's more.  The one thing that does annoy me a little is folks trying to build there ride as a factory spec as per the magazine pictures. Coz from what I remembered very few riders kept there bikes how they bought them. In fact most riders just bought a frame & forks and transferred their bits over from their old ride!  Another thing with building a bike to factory spec some of the parts were poor in quality and broke easily and subsequently they are now rare and worth a fortune  :idiot2:  I certainly won't be paying top dollar for something that was known to be be utter shite back in the day.  As far as laying your bike bits out to take a pic. I quite like the idea. And it's nice to see the componants. I suppose it's horses for courses. There are loads of things you could moan about on rad but to be honest starting a thread on this seems a bit pointless and comes across as a bit of a dig towards a few members on here that have built some fairly expensive hutch bicycles! Or maybe that's just me.  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:17 PM by discostu »

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18 PM »

what is that Dan? :)

German 1979 Schauff  crossmaster, really cool proper old skool and the wheels are awsome :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20 PM »
So whats your opinion on John's Goose fest...?!! Aren't they factory spec...?
Its all good...bmx forever!!

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20 PM »
heres my patty in part form ,theres a few people on here who know what its took for me to build this!!! and have to say to em thanks for there help and advice,oh and i need to add another ,i had to sell my hutch to build this

my old hutch it was a beauty  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22 PM »
My post is in reference to discostu's post! Just to avoid confusion...!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22 PM »
heres my patty in part form ,theres a few people on here who know what its took for me to build this!!! and have to say to em thanks for there help and advice,oh and i need to add another ,i had to sell my hutch to build this

Dib that seat :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 11:31 PM »

Dib that seat :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:
what my blue mx?
thats going in my coffin John ...unless i put it in my will :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  When building a Hutch?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx