gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 01:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnished PK Ripper with Bottema M2 race forks and JMC DY bars on skinny wheels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Burnished PK Ripper with Bottema M2 race forks and JMC DY bars on skinny wheels  (Read 26596 times)

RoyalTrux

Hotdamn! To the nines!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
just dont touch that "sundance cycles" sticker  :LolLolLolLol:

much nicer with the DY's.

just goes to show, bikes dont always need aerospeeds, flights or grafs to be top knotch.

:daumenhoch:

Yeah, never lose that sun dance ca decal  :4_17_5:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

RAD !  ;)

;D at Chris' ref drilling the cables ....

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:

xGoose

Mint, some serious kit on that bike!  :coolsmiley:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I like that. I fitted ARX forks on my bike when I first had it thinking Landing Gears were heavy. Then I went and bought some Tuffs !
The cranks look good too. They weren't very common when new. There were lots of Maxy Cross cranks around in the early 80's but most has 1 piece ones or went for Fight Cranks if they had the money and broke everything else.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Bottema's always look sweet on a Ripper  :daumenhoch: lovely build indeed  :smitten:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Very nice Glen.  :daumenhoch:

If weight is an issue maybe ditch the DX's...!!  :)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
great build ,  :smitten:  nice to see a ripper without lg's and still looking right  :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
cheers guys  :daumenhoch:, i think i'm happy with it now  ;D, i really like the rippers on skinnies i think with the oval tubing it just lends it to it

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
great build ,  :smitten:  nice to see a ripper without lg's and still looking right  :daumenhoch:

I've got 7 without LG's and they all look right....or at least to me  ;D ;D

monkian

Nice mods Glen. It gets faster & faster 8) :daumenhoch:
Just a thought, would a hollow OPC knock off a bit more weight?

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

slightly off topic ash , did someone have a pink freestyle ripper bitd i'm sure i have seen a scan off a magazine from bitd but can't find it now

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Nice mods Glen. It gets faster & faster 8) :daumenhoch:
Just a thought, would a hollow OPC knock off a bit more weight?

maybe as with the bottom bracket etc its not light the current setup , i think as dubber says i might have to get the old drill out anbd get some hole drilling done  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:

slightly off topic ash , did someone have a pink freestyle ripper bitd i'm sure i have seen a scan off a magazine from bitd but can't find it now

Well my 1st thoughts are Fred but I'm not 100% sure. I'll ask him and let you know pal  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
nice ripper, nice dog's  :daumenhoch:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
Awesome bike  :daumenhoch::  But the cranks ??  They are lovely,  But is it me:  Or dont they match with the bike ?

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Awesome bike  :daumenhoch::  But the cranks ??  They are lovely,  But is it me:  Or dont they match with the bike ?

I know what your saying Danny but the whole bike was built with one thing in mind (operation lightweight ?) or was that someone elses bike ? anyway  for that reason it works, far too many builds have the focus on getting everything to match and sometimes the point of building a great bike is missed.  Now as far as I can remember BITD we got our bikes and put whatever we could afford on them, colour matching or not and usually it didn't match  ;D It;s a cool bike with some top parts and it's as light as hell  :daumenhoch:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:

I know what your saying Danny but the whole bike was built with one thing in mind (operation lightweight ?) or was that someone elses bike ? anyway  for that reason it works, far too many builds have the focus on getting everything to match and sometimes the point of building a great bike is missed.  Now as far as I can remember BITD we got our bikes and put whatever we could afford on them, colour matching or not and usually it didn't match  ;D It;s a cool bike with some top parts and it's as light as hell  :daumenhoch:

You are so right mate.

we used everything usable to race our bikes  and did not give a shit about top brands  :daumenhoch:

griff

those donuts are looking a tad on the heavy side  ::)

AusBMX

Reckon she'd be a whole lot lighter with a set of one piece cranks! Lovely build mate, reminds me of my own Ripper. Those DY bars are unreal!

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Looks Nice. Wouldn't mind a go of that. Always liked skinny rims !  :4_17_5:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Back again! Did you apply those Bottema decals Glen?

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
no rich the decals were on them when i got em, why , i've changed the wheels to some 1.5 chrome arayas with bullseye hubs and 1.5 tyres so still skinnyish will update the pics tomorrow, the dx crank looks more in keeping now with the wider wheels i';d say 

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
no rich the decals were on them when i got em, why , i've changed the wheels to some 1.5 chrome arayas with bullseye hubs and 1.5 tyres so still skinnyish will update the pics tomorrow, the dx crank looks more in keeping now with the wider wheels i';d say 

Its just that they're not the correct decals! No big deal though! I do like this build...looking forward to seeing the pics mate. Give me a shout if you sell!!  ;)  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnished PK Ripper with Bottema M2 race forks and JMC DY bars on skinny wheels

gfxgfx
gfx gfx