gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 08:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  brake and stuff help ADDING PICS NOW GUYS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: brake and stuff help ADDING PICS NOW GUYS  (Read 11353 times)

motomagII

Re: brake and stuff help ADDING PICS NOW GUYS
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 05:22 PM »
just got emqail back from proper and they are realy good .explained everything sent diagrams of hub parts etc .then said they are great unless you are using a federal frame then you are struggling .?
guess what i am on a federal frame .
i didnt tell them this they just said it .chain line on federal frame and proper hubs wont work aparently im amazed but know it must be true as i didnt tell em it was a federal i was having problems with .

GaryN

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Nice to hear that you got good support from Proper, at least you know what's what now.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49 PM »
You're not having much luck Greg  :(
2 minutes turkish...

motomagII

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 06:05 PM »
going in garage again not try it on my other frame see how it sits on there .proper have been sent pic so they can date the hub (if its 20010 or older even though ive just bought it the cog will screw off the driver and spin round if not it is no good as is according to them
see ya in hour or two see how i get on lol

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19 PM »
The hub is from 2007 or thereabouts, i bought the one i've put a pic of in 07

They changed the font in 2008
2 minutes turkish...

motomagII

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 07:32 PM »
well i think it is sorted took all the washers off the axle which left gap between the frame and the axle nuts of about 5mm either side and just tightened the wheel nuts up and it pulled the frame inwards as i did so and guess what perfect alignment .not been far just down drive and feels okay .gonna give it run tomorrow properly and see if we are cookign on gas i fooking hope so lol#

if so we can move onto the next bug bear tight spots on chain .my top hat washer has tiny tiny bit movement on axle but tight on prifile ring is thisw normal as i have tight spot on chain or should i get meself new top hat washer

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56 AM »
nice result on the frame/hub  info  Greg :daumenhoch:

top  hat washer should be a snug fit on the spindle, if not get a new one or shim it with a bit of coke can .

Tight Spot i use this method if you can follow it?   , can usually get rid of the tight spot altogether 

tighten up the wheel,   slacken off the crank arm bolt holding the chain ring on just enough to allow it to move with a bit of force then spin the cranks until the chain goes tight then press the chain inwards towards the chain stay with your hand this will move the chain ring  a bit and should even out the tight spot, might kneed to do it in a few places, tighten up the bolt,  will only work if the top hat is a snug fit to begin with  ,  you may also have slip of the chain and move the cranks round a bit then try it again,  its because the hubs and the cranks/chain ring are machined on different machines so the centers are slightly different , usually with a sealed hub and sealed BB the tight spot will only be small/short so its usually the chain ring thats out a bit

motomagII

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 07:35 AM »
its quite a big tight spot too .gonna have to change the top hat before i do any thing else though

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  brake and stuff help ADDING PICS NOW GUYS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx